• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Xanax oral BA vs Sublingual BA?

ovo1024

Bluelighter
i know the bioavalibility of xanax is very high, in the 90% percent range. is the sublingual ROA the same or any higher?

People take Xanax sublingually for the almost instantaneous effect, as it kicks in about 2-4 minutes after absorbing it sublingually (SL); taking it SL it is also useful on a full stomach as you bypass first pass metabolism. They don't SL it for BA purposes, but rather for stopping a panic attack in its tracks, when each minute feels like an eternity.

It was originally marketed as a panic medication, and is one of the quickest-onset benzos I know of other than temazepam, even when taken orally on an empty stomach it tends to kick in about 7-10 minutes after popping it.

I've been addicted to ungodly amounts of xanax for 6 years now (just barely got clean 4 weeks ago :)) and I could be wrong but I'm almost positive that the oral bio-availability of xanax is approximately 90%. taking it sublingually may have a slightly higher bio-availability but it's up to if you want to endure the nasty taste of xanax taken sublingually for a tiny bit more bio-availability. and ErgicMergic is right, just popping a xanax (xanax XR not included) will kick in anywhere in the range of 5-15 minutes. It is by far the fastest acting medication I've ever experienced taken orally.

Sincerely, Animoe.

i got some of the footballs (1mg) a week or so ago and did em sublingual - they burned in an odd way;not like habanero, not like wasabi, not like being set on fire or maced, but a definite burning sensation. they were blue generics, dont remember the stamp. ive a feeling that this is to discourage insufflation as it was unpleasant enough in my mouth. the bars (2mg, 3 score marks) dont do this. i eat them on an empty stomach anyway,bioavailability is probably within a few % points snorted, sublingual or eaten.

It's about the same if you are not taking XR. Personally love the taste of xanax.