Bluelight

Thread: Xanax oral BA vs Sublingual BA?

1. Collapse Details
    Xanax oral BA vs Sublingual BA? 
    Bluelighter
    i know the bioavalibility of xanax is very high, in the 90% percent range. is the sublingual ROA the same or any higher?

2. Collapse Details

The country with the world's most prisoners.
    No significant difference unless dealing with XR tablets.

Source: Years of Xanax addiction.

3. Collapse Details

Basic Drug Discussion
    They're both high as fuck.

4. Collapse Details

People take Xanax sublingually for the almost instantaneous effect, as it kicks in about 2-4 minutes after absorbing it sublingually (SL); taking it SL it is also useful on a full stomach as you bypass first pass metabolism. They don't SL it for BA purposes, but rather for stopping a panic attack in its tracks, when each minute feels like an eternity.

It was originally marketed as a panic medication, and is one of the quickest-onset benzos I know of other than temazepam, even when taken orally on an empty stomach it tends to kick in about 7-10 minutes after popping it.

5. Collapse Details

I've been addicted to ungodly amounts of xanax for 6 years now (just barely got clean 4 weeks ago ) and I could be wrong but I'm almost positive that the oral bio-availability of xanax is approximately 90%. taking it sublingually may have a slightly higher bio-availability but it's up to if you want to endure the nasty taste of xanax taken sublingually for a tiny bit more bio-availability. and ErgicMergic is right, just popping a xanax (xanax XR not included) will kick in anywhere in the range of 5-15 minutes. It is by far the fastest acting medication I've ever experienced taken orally.

Sincerely, Animoe.

6. Collapse Details

Thank you, Animoe and ErgicMergic. Was wondering if the BA varied!

7. Collapse Details

i got some of the footballs (1mg) a week or so ago and did em sublingual - they burned in an odd way;not like habanero, not like wasabi, not like being set on fire or maced, but a definite burning sensation. they were blue generics, dont remember the stamp. ive a feeling that this is to discourage insufflation as it was unpleasant enough in my mouth. the bars (2mg, 3 score marks) dont do this. i eat them on an empty stomach anyway,bioavailability is probably within a few % points snorted, sublingual or eaten.

8. Collapse Details

For me personally, Xanax is much better when taken orally. It starts to kick in in less than 10 minutes. The only medication I found to act that fast orally is zolpidem, but Xanax seem to kick in even faster. I tried sub lingual administration and it didn't act faster, in fact, it acted slower, probably due to it's low water solubility, and I couldn't wash the terrible taste for hours. The best benzo for sublingual administration in my personal experience is bromazepam. It has bio availability of around 84 %, so you get additional 15% and it acts amazingly fast, even before everything is dissolved and it has a sweet taste so it's ideal for this route.

9. Collapse Details

Greenlighter
    It's about the same if you are not taking XR. Personally love the taste of xanax.