• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[MEGA] MDA Discussion

Do you find MDA more stimulating or sedating?

• stimulating

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • sedating

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters

CherryBomb4372

Greenlighter
For all you need to know about MDA, check here:

Original Post:

I realized there was no big and dandy MDA thread (if there is, then please direct me, otherwise it would be nice if a mod could make this into it). Also, maybe this should go in the psychedelics forum, this drug is (much more of) a psychedelic.
I recently tried MDA and loved it, way more than MDMA, probably because I'm more of a psychedelic guy anyway. But the effects me and my friend got were a bit different compared to what my research showed.
In my experience:
-The dose is almost exactly the same as MDMA, 150mg MDA gave me the same 'rolling' aspect as 150mg MDMA.
-The first ~4 hours gave me an almost identical high to MDMA, with very mild visuals (almost non-existant) and a bit more stimulation. Then once that time period ended it gave way to a slightly different experience; a full blown trip with minor "rolling" feeling and the same stimulation, which lasted another ~4 hours after that. So a total of ~8 hours which is not what I read about. Then it even lingered longer than that into the next morning when I woke up.
-No comedown or hangover. I almost always hear that the comedown/hangover is worse, but this was not the case for me or my friend. Although we (really no one i know who doses properly does, ie >200mg with no redosing) never get a comedown/hangover from MDMA either.
-The friend of mine who I did it with took 170mg, he is about 2x my weight and still got slightly stronger effects. With MDMA he always rolls just as hard as people who are much smaller than him. His trip lasted a little longer, lingered more in the morning, and was slightly more visual.
-Both of us experienced jaw clenching, and a mild headache at the end of the trip because we both forgot to drink anything.
So I figured it would be great for people to share their personal experiences/information about MDA so we can know more about the general experience, and how it can differ for some. It seems that a lot of information about it is very different from source to source, and since this is one of my favorite chemicals now I'd like people to know more about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDA is stronger than MDMA. you get sightly higher from the same amount on MDA than on MDMA

MDA lasts longer than MDMA 6-7 hour experiences are common.

MDA is slightly more euphoric than MDMA

There is far less empathy with MDA than MDMA. you just don't feel the love/connection vibe as much with MDA or at all. I explain it as "I'm on MDA and I love myself" and "I'm on MDMA and we all love each other"

MDA is more visual throughout and much more visual on the come down than MDMA.

The differences are subtle (besides the lack of empathy..it is really noticible) unless you know what to look for you would miss them.

^What he said plus...

I find the come up of MDA very rough compared to MDMA, it makes you feel sick but once you get over that it's awesome. It's very visual and I kind of like it more than MDMA.

MDA can be quite intense. Be prepared for a good long roll, plus hours of comedown with possible visual hallucinations. The higher the dose, the more intense the roll and the harder the trip at the end. I would say to never go over 180mg... 180 would probably be enough to make most people sick (dependong on ur body weight etc). I find it much more difficult to sleep afterward compared to MDMA due to the psychedelic effects.

MDA is stronger than MDMA. you get sightly higher from the same amount on MDA than on MDMA

MDA lasts longer than MDMA 6-7 hour experiences are common.

MDA is slightly more euphoric than MDMA

There is far less empathy with MDA than MDMA. you just don't feel the love/connection vibe as much with MDA or at all. I explain it as "I'm on MDA and I love myself" and "I'm on MDMA and we all love each other"

MDA is more visual throughout and much more visual on the come down than MDMA.

The differences are subtle (besides the lack of empathy..it is really noticible) unless you know what to look for you would miss them.

Great summary. I prefer MDA to MDMA, but MDMA is still better.... if that makes sense at all lol. MDMA is a lot more euphoric and loved up, while with MDA you really seem to get some "self love", or amazingly beautiful introspection on ways to improve your life.

TBH, they are best combined :D

I mostly agree with the first reply with the exception that I find MDA a lot more heart centred than MDMA.

Great summary. I prefer MDA to MDMA, but MDMA is still better.... if that makes sense at all lol. MDMA is a lot more euphoric and loved up, while with MDA you really seem to get some "self love", or amazingly beautiful introspection on ways to improve your life.

TBH, they are best combined :D

MDMA gives a much better feeling of connection/emphaty... MDA gives a better more intense high/euphoria and is more self centered. That's all there is to say.

MDMA = "love" drug
MDA = party drug

Done MDA 2 times and for a party/rave setting, I prefer it compared to MDMA. MDA I actually party/get into the music (well at least, after I manage to get out of the floory state of mind), on MDMA I just want to socialize with everyone, get hugs and make bonds. MDA gives me a big boost in my sexdrive, complete opposite of MDMA.

I recently tried some MDA for the first time, supposed to be very potent..

Started with 110mg, the come up was insanely strong and quick. The comeup lasted a long time. I was peaking for longer than on MDMA, it was like it never stopped peaking..
The visuals were much stronger, I smoked about 1gram of some pretty dank weed through the night to enhance the visuals. Patterns/faces in psychedelic art, stuff in the corner of your eye,
the tv screen picture being replaced with new images. I couldn't read for shit at the end of the trip, like on shrooms. I also felt tripped out like fuck, probably because I smoked way too much weed.

I redosed with 50mg after 5,5 hours as it felt as if I was coming down, I wouldnt reccomend it. That made the visuals alot stronger, and made it very hard to sleep later. It just wasnt worth it, for real. It was really trippy and stimulating. The come-down off the second dose sucked way more too. Felt like a total wreck. I slept really hard thanks to pot, slept for 12 hours.

You did not feel that immense godly LOVE like you do on MDMA, but you still open up totally and you feel like you can be totally honest with yourself and others.
The euphoria is strong, but I found MDMA to be have a better feel in my setting. I was at home with a friend just to chill out.

It was definetly a great experience though, you go deeply into your self, more than on MDMA, but less into others. There was less empathy.

It was pretty much like MDMA, just rougher, stronger and more psychedelic. And it lasted longer. Check it out for personal experiences, stay safe, be real.

"I'm on MDA and I love myself" and "I'm on MDMA and we all love each other"

Holy shit, I described it pretty much exactly the same, word for word to a friend like that months ago. Mind = blown.

sounds like you've been doing time with the universal mind

Thge more I think about it, the more I think I have MDA right now....I never did MDMA or MDA by myself and chalked up the lack of empathy to the fact that there wasn't any one to share it with:\

It passed the marquis but that will only show mdxx. might have to get a simons to see if I got MDA.

maybe its not the simons that I need. I can't even find how to test for MDA anymore. :(

Last edited:
^ the Simons tests for MDA haha. It has no reaction to MDA or amphetamine and a blue reaction to MDMA/MDE and meth

I'd say a lack of empathy would be because you dosed 70mg though, lol. Try at least 100-120mg next time

yeah...I thought that was it. MDMA should show blue for simons, black for the others while MDA will show black for everything but no reaction to simons.

I prefer MDA to MDMA....I kinda like the chaoticness I feel on higher doses. I don't connect with everyone but I kinda sit back smiling/laughing to myself at how messed up I am definitely a fun time, ha thanks to dragonflies

i am a straight guy, and I think MDA is perfect for rolling with your guy buddies, going to the club, or even home rolling with some good trance and glowstix.

MDMA is better for rolling with girls around.

But Folley said it best, the combination of them both is really where it's at

please think of the harm reduction. this is a harm reduction website and poly drug use is frowned upon.

please dont do mdma more than four times a year but fuck it just poly drug use and you are on the way.

Last edited:
and poly drug use is frowned upon.

Where is this mentioned in the BLUA..? There are numerous threads for combinations all over the site. They are here in ED as well as in PD, DC, BDD/ADD and others