• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth.a + Water + Evap. = ??

D.O.C.83

Greenlighter
This is my first post so please bear with me... I may be in the wrong place...

Ok, I've done a significant amount of research and can't answer this seemingly simple question with anything other than "b/c a glucose or oil based cut would desolve along with the Meth.a".

Instead of doing an acetone wash to purify adulturated meth.a, why couldn't swim just extract the pure stuff by desolving it in distilled water, evaporating it, then recrystalizing?!

Also, if acetone & meth.a hydrochloride are both polar then why isn't meth.a soluble in the acetone as well?! (This isn't important, just don't get it.)

Lastly, is it crucial to recrystalize? Or could swim just Evap, scrape, & smoke?

Hai, we don't use SWIM here :). Maybe you left out a step, but the process you are describing wouldn't do anything. You're taking a powder, dissolving it, then letting the soln evaporate... Nothing changes if nothing changes... You can't rextalise something without using a solvent BTW.

Ok, I've done a significant amount of research and can't answer this seemingly simple question with anything other than "b/c a glucose or oil based cut would desolve along with the Meth.a".
An oil cut would not dissolve in, say, H20, as would Meth, which comes in the form to be smoked/sniffed/IV'd, comes as the HCl form. Oil is specifically non polar compared to the meth.hcl molecule. Oil would not dissolve in H2O while meth.hcl would. Oil would dissolve in ether while meth entirely would not. Oil would dissolve pretty well in acetone, while meth would dissolve only very very slightly (this is why you get your acetone as cold as possible before doing this process). See what I'm saying? its not black and white polar<-->nonpolar (except in some cases). Things are more polar or less polar, and depending on how comparatively (non)polar they are they will dissolve each other with varying efficiency. I'm not sure about glucose and its solubility however.
Instead of doing an acetone wash to purify adulturated meth.a, why couldn't swim just extract the pure stuff by desolving it in distilled water, evaporating it, then recrystalizing?!
You could do that. In fact, one might want to devise a strategy like put your stuff into as small amount of water as possible a few times. Filter whatever refuses to dissolve out, each time drying the water out before rinsing again. Then go and rinse it with acetone and filter the acetone out - whatever doesnt dissolve in the acetone is "the goods".
Also, if acetone & meth.a hydrochloride are both polar then why isn't meth.a soluble in the acetone as well?! (This isn't important, just don't get it.)
Acetone is only very slightly polar, compared to meth it is very nonpolar, due to things like steric hindrance.
Lastly, is it crucial to recrystalize? Or could swim just Evap, scrape, & smoke?
[/quote]
Not crucial to recrystallize if the entire process is done properly. Although recrystallizing will increase purity by a small % (if all previous washing steps are done properly) it will lose a significant amount of product. If it was a thing about safety I would understand - but having 2-5% msm compared to the original 50%, its not a big deal and honestly its enough. Although some like to repurify and store it.