Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Any/All info on Burma (Myanmar) scene greatly appreciated

SteelToad

Greenlighter
Living in Thailand right now. I have to make a visa run to Burma tomorrow. Rangoon Specifically. I've read all about burma, but when googling... I'm not coming up with the info I'm looking for. I'll only be there for maybe 12-24 hours. I have 2 months clean off dope. Knowing I'm going to Burma, is giving me that itch. I scored some H on my first trip to Bangkok without really knowing how stupid of an idea it was. I'm not gonna pull that shit again here. Living with family here who know all my red flags. I want to seez this small window of opportunity I have, to have a little party before coming straight back to thailand. I'm not necessarily looking for H, although I wouldn't turn it down If the pharmacies sold pain med otc, my tolerance is so low... I'm sure I could get a nice nod off some codeine and benzos. I'm really just interested in hearing people experience with Burma and the scene there. Specifically Rangoon if possible. Shrooms/H/OTC Pain meds and benzos is what I'm really interested in. Any knowledge of how strict/corrupt the laws/cops are in Burma compared to Thailand would make me feel better. How easy is it to find? Is there specific names for things (in burmese pronunciation)? That would help me out. Anything anyone can think of... they help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Like I said... searching google hasn't turned up much besides a few threads , and loads of info about how much H and Meth is being manufactured there.

Hey, I have a Burmese friend who says the place is 'getting better', but that's not in the drug sense, she's not into drugs at all.

I think I understand your view that you may be able to get off it whilst there for the 24 hr period, but since thailand and burma are neighbours would it really be wise? I mean it sounds like a very strict place, if you got caught with some illegal shit you might be up shit creek, where as if you just try and get those OTC meds you mentioned from thailand surely you could nod off and hide it all ok from fam?

Don't be silly, you're asking for trouble. You're doing a border run, just get your visa stamped and go back to Thailand.
I read you've just recently got to Thailand somewhere? Why don't you get to know some more locals and score there, there's more than you need already in Thailand once you have the right connect.

Thanks for the replies. I came to Thailand to clean up. I have family here. I'm not trying to find a connect in Thailand. That would be bad news for me. Thats the last thing I need. All that's available in Thailand otc is tramodol and valium. I'm really just hoping I can get some codeine in Burma otc at one of the pharmacies. I'm doing an ibogaine treatment in Thailand in a few months. Just looking to get a good nod on for a day. I can live without doing anything shady. Was hoping someone could tell me what they have in the pharmacies there.

FWIW, xanax is otc as well but not much else.

Good luck with the ibogaine treatment.
Look forward to hearing more about it down the track :)

Hi SteelToad, welcome to BL.

I notice you've created this thread in Other Drugs as well. Please don't create duplicate threads across the forum - if you think the thread fits better somewhere other than where you've created it, you can ask for it to be moved. I'll leave this one open for now as I think it fits better here.

Also, we do have strict guidelines against helping people source drugs, and against providing information on drug availability. From the guidelines:

1. DON'T solicit the sale of prohibited substances online. This means no dealing. Bluelight is an information resource, not a place to get or sell drugs. An extension to this guideline is that we don't allow sources for anything to be posted. This means no URLs for online supply, no listing of sources to buy or obtain ANYTHING.

2. DONT request information on the availability OR pricing of street drugs, pharmaceuticals or anything else. (Amended to include pricing 21/11/02 in line with standard Forum practise).

That being said, we do allow more general discussion on the drug scene in particular locations, so for the time being, I will leave this open. Any specific information on where to find drugs, instructions on how to go about scoring, or how to conduct any other illegal activities (such as concealing or importing drugs) isn't allowed, so it would be appreciated if everyone could avoid that kind of discussion. Thanks.

Hi SteelToad, welcome to BL.

I notice you've created this thread in Other Drugs as well. Please don't create duplicate threads across the forum - if you think the thread fits better somewhere other than where you've created it, you can ask for it to be moved. I'll leave this one open for now as I think it fits better here.

Also, we do have strict guidelines against helping people source drugs, and against providing information on drug availability. From the guidelines:

That being said, we do allow more general discussion on the drug scene in particular locations, so for the time being, I will leave this open. Any specific information on where to find drugs, instructions on how to go about scoring, or how to conduct any other illegal activities (such as concealing or importing drugs) isn't allowed, so it would be appreciated if everyone could avoid that kind of discussion. Thanks.

Hey, yeah... sorry about the double post. Someone told me I might get more feedback here.

I know the deal. Was there something in my post that was out of line? Rereading it, I guess it did sound borderline fishing. Sorry about that. More than anything, I'd like to know what meds are OTC there. Is that allowed?

^ All good, my post was directed at everyone contributing to the thread, not just you. I think your question could have been intepreted as asking where and how to find smack or other street drugs, for example when you asked 'How easy is it to find? Is there specific names for things (in burmese pronunciation)?', so my post was just a reminder for everyone to stay on track and not stray to sourcing discussion or provide instructions on how to find anything. Asking what's OTC is fine, just no specific details like specific pharmacies or what have you.

any news about Myanmar? Knows anybody if Tramadol is otc available in Myanmar?
thanx...