• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Exist in Peace, Sepher

I had been taking some time off BL lately, but herby told me last night and my jaw dropped as fast as my tears fell. Another beautiful soul moves on, another beautiful that, in celebration of his life as we currently are, can teach us ways we can be better people too. We can learn how to love ourselves in the ways that we loved Sepher. I think a l lot of us in TDS/RS saw some of ourselves in him. I just hope he knew that a lot of these were positive things we saw.

I miss your drunken PMs (from way back), and then you'd apologise the next day. That's like something I would do. I remember talking with you very personally about a kink we shared, and you gave me great advice on that as well. And, you amazing friend, you taught me loads of great new music, and introduced me into new scenes I now have in my life.

You beat heroin years and years (I think over a decade ago), and that, no matter what other battles you have had since, is amazing in itself. You did it, and I hope we can all find those writings of yours of how you did it. You also beat lots of judgment for alternative ways you lived. And even those nights you felt worst and like the lowest of the low men, you had strengths that many men who appear strong do not.

You are humble and yet you were able to be assertive when you needed to. Unafraid to ask for questions, unafraid to share answers when people don't even ask what you want to say. Anytime I tried to describe a unique beauty to you, you understood right away from where I came. You were more than a man, sepher, you were a man united with the beautiful forces that exist in ways a lot of us cannot even begin to understand. You would have been my best friend had we lived in the same town, and I would have always been there for you at your worst. Wish I couldn't have been right now, I wish I could have seen you post one more time. But I know that it would just say "guys, don't worry. I love you all and I will be okay.

I know we both shared a love for The Unbearable Lightness of Being. I was just reading it again, actually. So an strange turn of events. So let me share a quote from the story:

For an actor going on cold, you warmed a lot of our hearts. Mine included.

Peace & Love to everyone. We lost a friend, we grew stronger as other friends. Love you, Sepher. <3

Right on. <3<3

This is terrible news. I have read many of Sepher's posts and exchanged some private messages.
I don't usually think there is a heaven or hell, and most likely no God(s) or afterlife but I hope there is something after death and that Sepher is out there somewhere in peace and that his loved ones will see him again some day.

I know many on Bluelight will miss him and his posts, including myself.
I want to believe that he and others who have been lost are somewhere better now.
I will pray for him and tonight I will do a private ceremony/ritual that I do whenever someone I know in any way has died. I did not know him well only exchanging a few private messages, but I could see that he was a good person from reading many of his posts.

This was a great loss to Bluelight and I am sure a significant loss to the world.

Just found this out. Terrible. We have lost far to many BLers over the years.

E.I.P

I've been off Bluelight for awhile, so only heard about Sepher's death through Motherwolf and Herbavore. Neil was unfailingly kind and had struggled so hard for so long. He was a blessing to me and clearly to many, many others. May his soul be bound up with in the bond of eternal life.

Seeking Where?;11687792....May his soul be bound up with in the bond of eternal life.[/QUOTE said:
A friend sent me these words this morning. I came to post them in Caleb's shrine but after reading your words, I think they fit here:

Nothing is "deep'. Trauma, death, affliction, wounds.

They all happen on the skin of consciousness.

Deep down, its eternal, immortal, universal, infinite.

Whenever I hear Moody Blues' Legend of a Mind, I think to myself: "Sepher's on the outside...looking in."

I had an absolutely dreadful day today. I was in a terrible mood with good reason and I am highly emotional. The first thing that made me smile was a political sign that I know Sepher would approve of. I wished I'd had a camera handy, but that first good moment of my day is for Sepher. I'd almost think he had something to do with it. ;) His wise counsel remains valuable and precious to me and to our community.

Neil, someone pissed me off at work today and I wanted to call them a "bloody muppet" :sus: I always laughed when you used that word!

<3

I had an absolutely dreadful day today. I was in a terrible mood with good reason and I am highly emotional. The first thing that made me smile was a political sign that I know Sepher would approve of. I wished I'd had a camera handy, but that first good moment of my day is for Sepher. I'd almost think he had something to do with it. ;) His wise counsel remains valuable and precious to me and to our community.

I have always thought that Sepher knew more about American politics than most Americans and what is doubly shameful is that he cared more as well. I really miss his dry wit and unblinking eye. And I hope your day got better, Mari.<3

RIP dude, can't believe it :(

No waaaaaay! Damn, life is so fragile :X

Sorry for the indiscretion but what is the cause of death ? :\

Neil <3 you'll be here forever. In my heart. You were a great presence beneath a pile of difficulties that were beyond your control, but you still shone through. I am honored to have known you.

I've been away from BL for a little while and couldn't believe it when I read about Sepher passing on.
Another loss,so sad. Been too many this year on Bluelight.

I didnt know sepher personally but i read (and laughed along with) lots of his posts while i was a 'lurker' and his kindness, empathy and humour shone through.
If the depth of feeling from other people is in anyway a measurement of a persons worth, then sepher was truely priceless.
My sympathies to his family and friends at this difficult time.