• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Exist in Peace, Sepher

One of the best and now the world is a lesser place. Thoughts with family and friends.

just read this in another forum never spoke but alway saw them around R.I.P MAN hope your in a better place now

didn't know sepher but read many of his posts, very sorry to hear this; exist in peace indeed, wherever you may have gone.

RIP Sepher :(
Had just started getting to know you. I wish well upon your family and friends.
<3

Eulogy, A Sonnet

Agapanthus burst as a purple flood,
a crown of white floats amid the self-made royalty.
Why remain pure in this world of mud;
out of hope, despair or misguided loyalty?
In summer heat, life clings and sticks,
the bright solstice sun offers no respite.
We trudge on and on seeing no way to fix
this grim morass of boiling light.
Perhaps when we wilt we do not rot,
but leave a jeweled colyx, like statice.
A fragile, lasting beauty to adorn man's lot,
on which men can lean and grow, a lattice.

Now we who remain sing as the moon arrives.
Songs of grief and joy, of yours and our lives.

Last edited:
Thank you, Sepher for leaving a piece of yourself here with us. I'm sorry I didn't have the honor of knowing you better. :(

I have just gotten word that Sepher has died. Sepher gave of himself, through humor and wit and honesty and empathy, to those here on Bluelight as well as to everyone in his life elsewhere. He was an amazing human being and he brought light into the world every day. Even in his own dark times, he never had trouble summoning words of hope for others.

One of the sweetest and kindest acts that anyone has ever done for me was to follow me into my own son's shrine here on Bluelight. He subscribed to the thread so that he could see when I posted something and he always took the time to read it and to engage me in a conversation about what I had written. He let me have my grief, never tried to talk me out of it--he just let me know that he was off to the side somewhere holding a flashlight for my way back. Our deep friendship grew out of this seemingly small act of genuine kindness.

I never thought I would see the day that Neil's name would be here. He has left many people missing him but no one more than his devoted partner. This shrine is a place to remember Neil--to tell our stories of his gifts. He would want us to laugh more than cry but we will undoubtedly do both.

Bluelight is sometimes like a planet with huge craters. They open up and swallow beautiful souls and those of us still standing are left with words that cannot describe at all the enormity of the loss.

This was beautiful to read. Thank you, Herbavore.

Oh wow I just now found this out.:(
I'm so sorry to hear this my thoughts and <3 go out to his family & friends.

though we never met, i truly enjoyed reading his posts... and indeed he seemed like genuine interesting, intelligent and kind person.
my thoughts go out to his friends and family.
may he rest in peace.

I never so much as exchanged posts with Sepher, and yet I went numb and frozen at seeing his name in the Shrine. I thought incoherently, "Surely that can't be the Sepher I know. Surely it must be another user with the same name. That's possible, right?" That's how much I didn't want to believe he could be dead. And I knew him only through reading his posts to other people. There was such a steady, thoughtful kindness in those posts. He was irreplaceable.

Last edited: