• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to take recreationally?

titty sprinkles

Greenlighter
Alright I'm relatively new to taking scripts recreationally. I've really only done vics and morphines, and that was a couple months ago during college. The most I've done at a time was 4 10:500, codeine:acetamenophin vics, then on a different day 2 15mg morphines. The vics felt really nice and the morphines floored me. Which makes me assume my opiate tolerance is pretty low.

I recently got some minor surgery, and have some 5:325 norcos, and some 600mg ibuprofens.

I always snorted the vics and M's before, but from reading the bioavailability thing, I'm curious as to the best method to take my norcos. I've never done hydrocodone before, so I'm guessing I don't really have a tolerance for it. I'm going to just take the ibuprofen and Tylenol for the pain, and save my norcos for recreational use.

So, Snorting vs Traditional Oral vs Parachuting. Ready set go :)

I'm considering doing 1 each way to try it out. Taking one orally, waiting about 20 minutes, parachuting one, then when they start to kick in snort the last. Or, start off parachuting, snort one when it kicks in, and follow with orally so I'll get a boost in an hour or so.
Any and all input on my idea, or any other methods would be greatly appreciated.

I've also read somewhere (can't recall location) that taking ibuprofens with any opiate painkiller makes the high better? Or increases the half-life of the pills ingested? Any truth to that?

you don't really want to sniff those pills because they are mostly filled with acetaminophen. i tried snorting a vic 5/500 once when i was a young'un and it didn't really do anything for me. most people here will just tell you to take them orally, and be sure to do a CWE if you're going to consume a bunch at once (too much acetaminophen will destroy your liver). NSAIDs (and antihistamines) can potentiate the pain-killing effects of opiate meds but they won't in any add to a "high" or "rush" or anything like that.

edit: let me give you some firmer guidelines. if this is your first time at it, just take maybe two or three of them orally. start small. no need to build your tolerance up right from the start. that should probably have you feeling good. try not to consume more than six or eight of these in any 24-hour period and try not to eat huge numbers of them every day, due to all that acetaminophen in there. i never understood why doctors don't prescribe vicoprofen instead of always scripting hydro with acetaminophen THEN some prescription strength ibu on top of it... seems to be it would be safer to just get the acetaminophen out of there all together. it's not really even a good anti-inflammatory.

Last edited:
Ibuprofen doesn't potentiate opiates. Also IMO its a horrible idea to snort anything with APAP in it. That leaves you with oral and parachuting, which are the same thing basically, they will kick in faster if you parachute. The main thing you want to be careful about with pills like these is consuming too much APAP, it can really harm your liver. But, since you have the 5:325s and no tolerance that shouldn't be too big of an issue. You could also do a cwe (cold water extraction) which would take all the APAP out and leave you with opiate water which you could just drink. Also hydrocodone is one of the weakest opiates, at a time when I had no opiate tolerance I could barely feel anything from taking 10mg. But everyone is different and it is better to be on the safe side. If I were you, I'd just take them orally, maybe take 2 or 3 then wait an hour to see if you need to redose. Have fun!

Yeah I know snorting isn't exactly pleasant, but I know the burn and I'm willing to suffer a few minutes to get a better euphoric experience. I also know that acetamenophin wrecks your liver, but I looked it up and some medical site said that 1000mg at a time, or 4000mg in 24 hours should be the limit to avoid liver damage. Unfortunately we were dumbasses and drank a lot after railing our vics this year lol. I'm just trying to find a method to get the most euphoric experience without taking a lot of pills because I only have a little more than a dozen with no refills.

So, taking some DPH with them would increase the actual medical purpose of reducing pain, but wouldn't add to the high?

Edit: I've seen the Vaughn Painkiller comparison chart before, (http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/painkiller-comparison.htm) and this said that norcos are better than vics? Just wondering.

the thing is, when you sniff these, the proportion of hydro to acetaminophen and binders is so low, you're probably clogging up your membranes with that crap and inhibiting uptake of hydro as much as the ROA has the potential to speed the time for the hydro to kick in. DPH may potentiate the pain-killing effect and also add to the sedation, but it won't really make you feel "higher" or more euphoric.

i never understood why doctors don't prescribe vicoprofen instead of always scripting hydro with acetaminophen THEN some prescription strength ibu on top of it... seems to be it would be safer to just get the acetaminophen out of there all together. it's not really even a good anti-inflammatory.

I honestly believe they add so much APAP to discourage recreational use. But wouldn't drug companies adding something toxic to the body that they KNOW is abused be responsible for some type of negligence? Haven't the feds gone after some company for this in the past?

Unrelated, what would be a good dose of DPH to add to the sedation effect? I've taken it as a hallucinogen before, but I don't wan't that kind of effect obviously lol. So like, 100mg?

Yeah I know snorting isn't exactly pleasant, but I know the burn and I'm willing to suffer a few minutes to get a better euphoric experience. I also know that acetamenophin wrecks your liver, but I looked it up and some medical site said that 1000mg at a time, or 4000mg in 24 hours should be the limit to avoid liver damage. Unfortunately we were dumbasses and drank a lot after railing our vics this year lol. I'm just trying to find a method to get the most euphoric experience without taking a lot of pills because I only have a little more than a dozen with no refills.

So, taking some DPH with them would increase the actual medical purpose of reducing pain, but wouldn't add to the high?

Edit: I've seen the Vaughn Painkiller comparison chart before, (http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/medicine/painkiller-comparison.htm) and this said that norcos are better than vics? Just wondering.

Norcos and vics are the same thing, except for the ratio of hydrocodone to acetaminophen, so norcos are only better in that you are dealing with less acetaminophen for the given amount of hydrocodone. So if you had 6 5/500 vicodin pills it would be the same as 3 10/325 norcos, although your liver will be more forgiving of you if you take the norocs.

As for how to take them, take them orally and stay away from snorting them. as 'alovesupreme' mentioned, you will be clogging your membranes up so much that the hydrocodone won't have a chance to be absorbed nasally. 5mg of hydrocodone is basically a microscopic amount, so the chances of those 5mg coming in contact with your mucous membranes in your sinus cavity when there is 325 mg of acetaminophen up there too is pretty slim. Even if all 5mg did get absorbed nasally, it's not worth it from a bioavailability standpoint.

I recommend chewing on 3 or 4 of them, and taking it with 2 tall glasses of water. I have found that it kicks in better when you drink a decent amount of water with it. And chewing them it a good middle ground between parachuting them and taking them whole. It's like breaking them into 8 pieces, and they are small enough that they will dissolve pretty quickly with a few glasses of water. It's not really worth the trouble of parachuting IMO.

I'm moving this to the proper forum.
OD --> BDD

Norcos and vics are the same thing, except for the ratio of hydrocodone to acetaminophen, so norcos are only better in that you are dealing with less acetaminophen for the given amount of hydrocodone. So if you had 6 5/500 vicodin pills it would be the same as 3 10/325 norcos, although your liver will be more forgiving of you if you take the norocs.

Well the vics I had were codeine, and my norcos are hyrdos. I just read a different thread that said by weight, hydrocodone is about 6x more powerful than codeine? Wondering the validity to this.

Vics are not codeine, codeine is just codeine. norcos are hydros, as vics are norcos and hydros also. they all have the active ingredient Hydrocodone, which is the opioid that gets you high in these pills. "hydros" is short for hydrocodone, the active ingredient in all the mentioned above(or "generic name"), (except codeine). i Know hydrocodone is alot stronger then codeine however IDK how much stronger it is on a 1-10 scale, but on the top of the bluelight webpage, there is an opioid Conversion Chart, just click the link, it will answer ur question.

definitely don't snort these, as somebody said already the good stuff won't absorb very well and bioavailability is better when you eat them. Also as before mentioned be careful on how much APAP you consume, I'm not entirely sure but I think the most you want to take in a day is 3-4 grams at the most, but with your low tolerance, it shouldn't be a problem. The opiate potentiation thread deidara posted is very useful especially if you are trying to conserve and stretch your stash.

Well I know the vics I took were definitely Codeine and Acetaminophin. I never saw the bottle personally, but i'm going to assume he was given Tylenol w/ Codeine. Which are Tylenol 3's, correct?

Edit: So I guess this would make them not actual vicodin. My mistake.

maybe in ur area of town the term "vics" are a slang for codeine w/ APAP, but to be literal, lol which i hate doing, vics are hydrocodone..no harm no foul. my town has slang names other people dont understand either :)

maybe in ur area of town the term "vics" are a slang for codeine w/ APAP, but to be literal, lol which i hate doing, vics are hydrocodone..no harm no foul. my town has slang names other people dont understand either :)

Yeah I caught a glimpse of the bottle and saw codeine, but my buddy just always said they were vicodin. At the time I was new to pills so I just went with it. Glad I got the correction :)

Well I know the vics I took were definitely Codeine and Acetaminophin. I never saw the bottle personally, but i'm going to assume he was given Tylenol w/ Codeine. Which are Tylenol 3's, correct?

Edit: So I guess this would make them not actual vicodin. My mistake.

Looks like you figured it out judging by your edit. Norcos are the same as vicodin but they have less acetaminophen in them (325mg) whereas vicodin has either 500, 750 or 1000 depending on the pill, but the active ingredient in both of them is hydrocodone. And yes the tylenol with codeine is usually tylenol 3's which have 30mg of codeine, and then there are tylenol 4's which have 60mg of codeine, and both have 300mg of tylenol. Also, fyi tylenol is the same thing as acetaminophen, which is also referred to as APAP on prescription bottles, and Paracetamol in areas outside of the USA.

As for how to take them, take them orally and stay away from snorting them. as 'alovesupreme' mentioned, you will be clogging your membranes up so much that the hydrocodone won't have a chance to be absorbed nasally. 5mg of hydrocodone is basically a microscopic amount, so the chances of those 5mg coming in contact with your mucous membranes in your sinus cavity when there is 325 mg of acetaminophen up there too is pretty slim. Even if all 5mg did get absorbed nasally, it's not worth it from a bioavailability standpoint.

I recommend chewing on 3 or 4 of them, and taking it with 2 tall glasses of water. I have found that it kicks in better when you drink a decent amount of water with it. And chewing them it a good middle ground between parachuting them and taking them whole. It's like breaking them into 8 pieces, and they are small enough that they will dissolve pretty quickly with a few glasses of water. It's not really worth the trouble of parachuting IMO.

Tommyboy basically covered everything I was going to say.

When I could take hydrocodone and get an effect without needing to do a CWE, I would just chew them up and take them on an empty stomach, and make sure to drink plenty of liquid. They kick in fast this way, you should be feeling them in 20-30 minutes.

One thing I wanted to mention is be careful with your dosing. If you snorted the codeine and morphine, you didn't absorb all of it so don't use a conversion chart and assume you can handle the equivalent of hydrocodone. I didn't think codeine was effective at all when snorted, and I know morphine has a very lose intrnasal BA. Hydrocodone has a very high oral BA so you will absorb most of the dose you take, so just be careful and don't overdo it.