• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

My story.

XxFlyingKitsXx

Greenlighter
When i was a kid i was abused by my moms boyfriend she didnt do anything. My real dad doesnt know im born. The first time i tried to kill myself i was 9 years old. When i turned 10 i started having a eating disorder. At age 10 i started smoking cigaretes and weed. When i was 11 i was taking pills and overdoses 4 times that year. When i was 12 my eating disorder got worse. I was taking pills daily i wouldnt be able to sleep for weeks at a time. Now i am 13 almost 14 i still have a eating disorder i stil smoke weed and cigartes i stopped pills finally but now im in worst drugs like molly and acid. Im tired of feeling alone. I just want someone to talk to if anyone wants to message me i just want someone

Please don't feel alone. So many know exactly the kind of pain you are suffering. One of the awesome moderators will jump in here in a bit and give you some awesome advice I am sure of it. There is always some one around here at BL to talk to. You have been through some horrible things and I'm sorry those happened to you at such a young age especially. It sucks when you are so young too and feel like you have no control over anything including your own self. When I was your age I went through a horrible time but felt like I was so young that no one respected me as a person with my own thoughts and feelings.

It won't be long before you have a little more control over the things that happen to you. Just remember that no matter how far away it seems that you have a whole wonderful life ahead of you waiting for you to jump into.

Hi, XxflyingXx. Welcome to TDS. There is a lot of misery in your post--way too much for someone your age (or any age!) to have to deal with alone. Many people here have suffered abuse and eating disorders are one very common way that kids cope with such a breach of trust and lack of safety over their own bodies. Is there anyone in your life that you feel you can trust to talk to about these things--even a school counselor?

It's fantastic that you were able to stop the pills and I hope that you will give yourself a few more years before getting into anything else. The adults in your life have really failed you. You are going to have to be your own mom and your own dad. It isn't easy but it can make you the strongest person imaginable. The best way to take care of yourself right now is to stay healthy and to imagine the life you want to live--then set goals about how to get there. You can find a lot of good support here with others that have experienced some of the same hardships that you are going through now.

I am going to PM about ways to go about using this site (or any other) in a safe way. <3

Hi FlyKits <3 Welcome to Bluelight. It sounds like you had and are still having a rough time now. Bluelight and our Recovery Support section is a very helpful place, we have a lot of social threads that would perhaps be of interest to you. We are a little family here and we'd love for you to join, it is very fulfilling to know you have friends on here to talk to even when you feel alone in the real world. <3

your so young the only advice i have for you is get away from drugs while you still have your whole life ahead of you you can do so much and be so happy but drugs are never the way to true happiness

Uhm Just saying... you don't have to be your own mom or dad, I mean as romanticized as that may seem, if you WANT a better family you can reach out for help and you will be placed with a more supportive family. You are 13 and don't need to be dealing with that shit. If you love your family and want to stay, I mean do that if you want, but if you genuinly feel like you deserve better, you can reach out for help. If you need help, I am sure someone here can help provide you with it.

As far as the drugs go, I mean psychdelics can be valuable tools for self growth and as far as being your own parent but Honestly not the way you are looking at it and certainly not at your age or in your situation. But yeah an opiate addiction at 10?! What the fuck man, get some help, not becaues of even your own mistakes but because of your parents!!

Find out who your real Dad is...

Jesus, that is truly shocking. Not much to add to Herbavore's advice but listen at your age you are owed a duty of care. Be it from a parent or the state, no kids should be attempting suicide at nine. Given your drug use, a good friend of mine Cassie recently killed herself (three weeks ago tomorrow). The only drugs she took were MDMA speed and acid. These drugs can exacerbate a low mood. Bit dramatic sorry but if you're in a fragile mindset, stay away from everything. Good luck

You're so much stronger than you think. I went through serious physical/sexual abuse that started when I was 8 and my way of coping was self-harm. As a teenager, I would constantly beat myself up for how much of a freak I thought I was from having scars all over my chest/arms I had put there when I was younger. But you aren't your negative coping skills, you aren't the reason you were abused. You are the person that survived in spite of all those terrible things. Nobody who survives something like that deserves to have it define the rest of their life. The only advice I can offer is to reach out to others who can help - a therapist, a close friend, a support group. I know for me, the only thing that has helped is to share how I feel, no matter how awful it is, with people who care. Despite what I thought for most of my life, once I started to look I found out they do exist.

Hey buddy you hang in there :) You can always PM me Im online often and I love to help others. Youve been dealt a shittier hand than many people and this sucks. But I must strongly, strongly caution you against using any more drugs. See if you cant start cutting that stuff down please. Your movement to serious drugs like LSD and MDMA at such a young age is troubling. If/when you progress into more serious drugs as they present themselves, it could be disastrous. Ive seen a 15 year old heroin junkie who is either dead or in juvenile detention again, this kinda stuff can happen to you easily man. Youre playing with fire and at this rate youre only gonna burn yourself man.

On top of that, your brain is at a very critical point in its development. Its is so important for you to let your brain mature naturally, without drugs that slow it down. Your entire future depends on it.

Uhm Just saying... you don't have to be your own mom or dad, I mean as romanticized as that may seem, if you WANT a better family you can reach out for help and you will be placed with a more supportive family. You are 13 and don't need to be dealing with that shit. .

Words to live by, My father was a womanizing, cheat. He drove my mom away and into deep depression of feeling worthless. She ended up using Heroin to not feel pain, and she ended up hooking to support her own habbits. By the time i was 13, my mom had died from an overdose, and for years i diddnt have any awnsers untill one day when i was 16 me and one of my aunts had a big talk, and i got to learn how fucked up my life really was.

I was angry, i abused extacy, alcohol, cocain, and psychedelics till i was about 21 and met mother Opiate. Ive cheated on every single girlfriend in my life, i feel worthless, My drug of choice is heroin and aside from taking my own mother from me, that drug has taken all of my money, numerous jobs, my friends and family, and recently.... my first and only vehicle (lightly crashed it while driving a friend to the hospital after he litereally stopped breathing and turned blue after mainlining some new dope in town)

I used to be set in a narrow way of thinking, that just because my mom died of an overdose, thats how i wanted to die also..... i was more curious than anything, as to why my mother chose drugs over her children..... and Stupidly i fell head first into the same trap as her, and when i thought i couldnt keep up with my emotions and my own failures... yeah, i tried to take my own life.
Luckily i reached out to somebody before i decided to hang myself, and the authorities got there just in time to cut me down from the ceiling. But fuck me, after going through all this bullshit, that i diddnt even need to go through, but thinking I did, because my parents set the stage for me, makes me actually ashamed of how stupid and sheep-like i really could of been (because i consider myself to be a very open-minded person) to think i had to follow in the footsteps of my creators.

and Hunny your not even at the worst of it yet, trust me.... this was a 11 year period of my life starting when i was about your age now.
I ended up fucking up my own life even more because of my stupid, narrow way of thinking..... but you know what??? It could of been alot worse.....

and thats all you gotta realise, is that nomatter how bad it gets, no matter how much damage you think youve done, no matter how much pain or frustration, or sadness, or hate you are feeling......... atleast you wernt born(ASSUMING) in a war torn country, with aids because both your parents carry it, homeless, cuz both parents where killed thanks to a mortar landing in your front yard, and your only family is a bunch of kidnapped children, most of which boys, and your teenage warlord millitant sargents , who are getting you high on cocain and sending you into a hostile town soo you can murder and rape innocent and military civillians, all for a lost cause...... dont believe me??? Look up Sierra Leon, or ugandan child soldiers..... even somalian pirates have it worse.....

Yet we are all programmed with the same survival instinct. dont forget that.

Be thankfull that it isnt as bad as it could be, and give yourself some credit for actually being intelligent enough to reach out for help. Even if its on the internet, the People in this community have enough shared experiences to comfortably give you proper anwsers, that a university graduated drug Councillor with no prior history of addiction or physical/mental abuse could ever fathom.

the more you endure in life, the stronger you become, not the opposite.

Resilience is a great life skill to master

im still alive to this day, and No i am not cured, I will always be battling with addiction

because when i started using and abusing substances, i diddnt fully realise why i wanted to get high or fucked up all the time.
I diddnt realise i was Running from my emotions, and i ended up shaping my brain into the adult brain of a drug addict, With no knowledge or tools for coping with anxiety, depression, or stress, other than getting high/using substances.

Your brain and body are still developing, and unlike me, its not too late for you to help yourself and finding legitimate and healthy ways of gratitude, and proper ways to cope with stress and depression.

its kind of hard to even really understand, because i do remember what it was like to be 13 and not being able to understand something untill i went through the motions for it myself.

I couldnt just comprehend a story of what it was like to go to a huge house wrecking rager until i experienced it for myself, and thats is OK.

people have to make their own mistakes, so they can hopefully learn the lessons that come from it.

Just make sure your mistakes aren't permanent, or lifelong regrets

Last edited:
^ That was a really powerful post to read, deroxer. I was going to pull out quotes that I found especially powerful but really it is every single word you wrote.<3

And, to be clear, Magicduck, when I said that the OP was her own mother and father, I meant emotionally she had put in that position. You are very right to point out that you do not ever have to stay in a family that you were born into when it is abusive. Thanks for making that clear.<3

thank you, i have been a part of this community for almost 10 years now. i joined this site at the age of 15 and now im 25..... The things i have experienced, and learned in that decade feels like its been a life time of experience.

im just happy that i lost all my immature boyish and irresponsible qualities and while gaining their polar opposites, and im able to actually appreciate life for the natural beauty of things while enjoying most of the time i spend awake and not by the amount of fun or money I have.

Hey kid, anything you want to talk about to, just PM me. I've been intoxicating myself with the medicine in my mother's cabinet since 6, and drinking since 8 hiding from others. I'm still on the battle against it all, some small victories here and there, some small defeats here and there as well. As someone who went through the psychological horror that my father put us in (not to mention me and my brother having our asses kicked) until i was seven, and now having to even take care of him (he's a schizophrenic) after years as a kid wondering if ma was a whore as he said or not really took a toll on me. I started with pot and codeine at 11 and from then on it was a journey culminating in me almost losin my right arm because of a bad shot (it's crippled now) but still carrying on with cocaine and crack involved. I've got a mental ilness aggravated from too much drug use (and i needn't mention the rampant alcoholism that happened to me during my entire life, a battle of which i won) and the helplnesness i felt and keep on feeling at times. Just don't give up. I know I didn't. PM me. You're not the reason of who you are.

I was reading one of your posts about medication resistant depression and I wanted to talk because I am struggling with many of the same issues and would like to talk about medicine and see what helped u

I only made this account because I came across your posting from 2013 and was unable to comment on it and I wanted to reach out plz let me know if you would be interested in speaking. I am also curious as to how you are doing