Thread: Phenibut taper and wean

1. Collapse Details
    Phenibut taper and wean 
    I know this has been discussed so many times...

but what would be a good tapering schedule for a 1 month phenibut habit, consisting of no more than 3.5 grams per day and skipping days throughout. I only did a consecutive day, semi-binge this past week, and I'm on day 3 of abstinence and feeling the heat. I want to get off this medicine for good.

Since I'm already into withdrawals, do you think I could do:

Day 1: 1000mg
    Day 2: 875mg
    Day 3: 750mg
    Day 4: 625mg
    Day 5: 500mg
    Day 6: 375mg
    Day 7: 250mg
    Day 8: 125mg

Too fast? I'm using capsules that contain 125mg of phenibut in addition to other herbs. I'd like to do this comfortably, but I don't really want to consume much more of this stuff.
    Any input is greatly appreciated.

2. Collapse Details
    European and African Drug Discussion
    Finding new lows.
    If you've only been taking it for a month, and even then not daily your WD shouldn't be that bad. I'd try your taper at dropping 125mg a day, but if that is too harsh, take an extra half (62.5mg). Let us know you get on.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey thanks Toucan & Sprout. I forgot to mention that I'm on 1500 mg of gabapentin per day. I've been on it for about 5 years, so I have a big tolerance, but it still helps tremendously. It takes care of a lot of the shakes and that's why I think I can pull off this quick taper.

I also started St. John's Wort about 6 weeks ago and it's effects seem to mingle terribly with the phenibut withdrawal. I have been through it before, but not like this. I've been getting those shallow, "artificial" yawns at a rapid pace, the ones that people associate with antidepressants and psilocybin. In addition the anxiety has been worse, and has an element of what I think is depersonalization, or a disconnection to my surroundings that is freaky in a bad way. It turns out that I may have to slow the tapering down significantly while I take a break from the St. John's Wort.

The most problematic symptom is the insomnia which of course interferes with general functioning, so I am on a baselining dose of 2 grams that I will have to drop slowly as I feel things out, and can find a time during which I can afford to lose some sleep.

I will keep you updated, so all of this can be added to the online phenibut canon of knowledge.