MAPS how does a bluelighter get involved with MAPS?

AlphaMethylPhenyl

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
I want to work with you guys.

I have lots of research/psychopharmacological and general knowledge.

I'm a good writer.

I'm an accomplished rhetor.

I'm open-minded.

I have personnel experience with high-dose psychedelics/ extended meditation/pharmaceutical medication/therapy/psychology/philosophy and have read works from the likes of McKenna and Pinchbeck.

Thanks!

I know one thing you can do is donate & become a member. Kinda obvious, but felt it worth mentioning. Or throw a little dinner party fundraiser. Even things like sharing conference presentation videos, articles, etc via social media are a help. And of course talking to people irl about the new research & world of potential these substances have to offer is important as well.

As for how to be more directly involved, I'll have to let one of the MAPS guys chime in. Though I do know they offer internships sometimes.

Asia obviously ;)

(that was a joke if you couldn't tell)

Haha, thanks for the nudge nudge and the wink wink. Yes, I could've guessed that the man (?) were Vietnamese, but I just thought I'd ask anyway. Depending where Nguyễn's from, I might be able to answer his question... that's why. :)

So... where you based dude?

North America

My name was created a while ago based on the resemblance of my favorite cat to the revolutionary in question

I'd love to get involved/ volunteer as well! I have my B.S. in behavioral neuroscience, I have pre-clinical experience in an animal behavioral pharmacology lab & want nothing more than to someday write my PhD thesis on graduate research concerning psychedelic drugs!

*exhale*

I will donate whatever I can & am in the DC area if you've anything going on 'round here ;)

If you couldn't tell I am excited about this forum & there's no better place than bluelight!

Edit: I just saw the links above my post & feel kinda foolish but my post stands! :)

Yes, arguably the most exciting place in the world to be involved with psychedelic research, if you ask me.

Just posting on Bluelight helps. Think about in real life turning on one person, who turns on another, and so on.

Things like psyc research more than anything lack widespread awareness or political agreement.

MAPS has a facebook page. You could start by sharing those articles.

No push for awareness is pointless no matter how small. Thats the nature of social paradigms and trends.