• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids can i take norco if its my first time on methadone

GETHIMOFFTHEDRUGS

Greenlighter
like i said today is my first day they gave me 30 mg methadone 5 hours ago and now im starting to feel like shit again little headache and i wanted to take one or 2 norco my normal tolerance is 300-400 oxycodone daily so would it be ok

I would say given your tolerance that you should be safe. But combining methadone with any CNS depressant is never a good idea.

Norco is a company name. If you're talking about taking other opiates while on methadone, namely 20mg of hydrocodone, it's not even going to do anything.

Norco is a company name. If you're talking about taking other opiates while on methadone, namely 20mg of hydrocodone, it's not even going to do anything.

This is not necessarily true. Rarely is 3o mg of methadone enough to block the effects of other opiates/opioids, especially for a first dose. Generally it take dosages of at least 40-60mg at a minimum and sometimes much higher for some to begin to have a blocking effect. The average blocking dose is at least 60mg though this amount is not exact for everyone.

But again, 30 mg of methadone is very rarely enough to block other opiates/opioids.

Yeah people don't know, methadone doesn't block or strip/remove opioids from receptors, that is misinformation. Methadone maintenance though is designed to build up such a high methadone tolerance that using other opioids (like heroin) won't really work. For a first dose keep in mind it takes a few hours to really get going, and you should be fine taking 20mg hydrocodone considering your tolerance, definitely don't go nuts though, and methadone has a long half-life, especially before your body gets more efficient at processing it. So if you take another 30mg tomorrow you will have still ~15mg in your system on top of the new 30 giving you more than 30mg in your system when it peaks. With this increase, and the way respiratory depression works, you can easily overdose, so be very very careful, but 20mg hydrocodone on top of 30mg methadone should be ok, let us know if it helped at all.