MAPS Donations in bitcoins

reflux21

Greenlighter
I'm just curious to know if MAPS will start excepting donations in bitcoins at any point in the future? I know a lot of organizations have including erowid, the electronic frontier foundation, wikileaks, riseup, the foundation for economic education, P2P foundation, the libertarian party, and a number of others. Accepting them is now easier than ever using services such as bitpay.com.

Thanks for all the hard work over the years =D

I'm just curious to know if MAPS will start excepting donations in bitcoins at any point in the future? I know a lot of organizations have including erowid, the electronic frontier foundation, wikileaks, riseup, the foundation for economic education, P2P foundation, the libertarian party, and a number of others. Accepting them is now easier than ever using services such as bitpay.com.

Thanks for all the hard work over the years =D
Thank you for the suggestion! I'll make sure this idea is a discussion topic at a future meeting.

Just noticed you guys started accepting them, awesome. I'll be donating soon=)

is there another anonymous way to donate besides bitcoin? MG or something? Bitcoin is such a process. And I would rather not use MAPS as it is not anymous. Regardless I am knew to posting but old to reading and I want to make a donation. I will do bitcoin if I have to but in a week once I am out of China where i hate doing anything with financial information (even with the VPN) I am using. If I shouldnt post here I apologize I could not find any other way to ask as a newbie.

Also do donation amounts help with status or anything? I would hope they could help to incensitise to give more, but I did not see anywhere. Thanks for the great site. I want to do my part to keep it running

^udogg are you talking about donating to MAPS or to Bluelight?
To donate to MAPS, go directly to their website.

I was just thinking today, that if i just invested all the bitcoins I used to buy drugs online, I would have at least 10 bitcoin! That is 160k!. Only if I had kept them in my wallet!

I was just thinking today, that if i just invested all the bitcoins I used to buy drugs online, I would have at least 10 bitcoin! That is 160k!. Only if I had kept them in my wallet!

So very true, capt'n ! And "they" said it was just play money, the laugh is on "them."