• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Where should I inject meth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TweakerBirdie

Bluelighter
I've been injecting meth recently (the past few weeks). I'm super new at it, so I don't know a lot. I can't inject it in my arms, because I can't pull the syringe back without moving the needle around in my arm or push the syringe down without moving the needle.
Because of that dilemma, I've been using my feet. Sometimes it takes me a few pokes to hit a vein, but I always manage to hit one. The problem is, I don't want to keep hitting the veins in my feet in exactly the same place, and there's only 1 or 2 places where I can hit a vein. Otherwise, I can't see veins in my feet well enough to hit them. What should I do? Keep hitting in the same place, or find somewhere else?
If I need to find somewhere else, where else can I do it? Preferably somewhere where I'll have both hands free- I can't hit myself if I don't have both hands free.
How do I pull the syringe back and push it down without wiggling the needle when I use my inner elbow?
And how long does injecting keep you high for? I've heard a couple hours, but I've also heard a couple days. ?

Thanks so much everyone!!

Last edited:
You really should get somebody experienced with IV drugs to show you first hand.. it's the only way to really learn. Some people can pick it up by themselves easy but.. you don't sound like you are.

IV'ing in your feet is a bad idea. They are much more prone to infection and complications. The forearms are the best place to IV.

Read the IV thread in my signature.

heroin460.jpg

You see how this guy is holding the syringe? You have to rest your hand on your arm so it's steady, then hold the barrel of the syringe with your fingers/thumb, leaving your pointer finger free to manipulate the plunger.

Like I said though, you really should find someone who knows what they are doing to show you first hand or you could end up really hurting yourself.

Thanks for answering, I seriously appreciate it. I watched someone have someone else hit them for a long time, which is how I learned, then I had someone hit me once or twice, but otherwise I've been doing it myself. Like I said, when I use my feet, it goes fantastic. It's just when I try my arms I can't pull or push the plunger without it moving the needle. Your description definitely helped, though. I'm gonna give it a try soon, so wish me luck!

Thanks for answering, I seriously appreciate it. I watched someone have someone else hit them for a long time, which is how I learned, then I had someone hit me once or twice, but otherwise I've been doing it myself. Like I said, when I use my feet, it goes fantastic. It's just when I try my arms I can't pull or push the plunger without it moving the needle. Your description definitely helped, though. I'm gonna give it a try soon, so wish me luck!

Good luck. Be careful. Make sure you are using clean, fresh needles everytime, alcohol swabs, and being in general sterile.

That's the part I'm best at, actually. I seriously don't want anything to go wrong health-wise, so I'm really careful about being as sterile as possible. How long is shooting supposed to keep you high, by the way? I heard hours to start with, and now I'm hearing days. I usually smoke and snort at the same time I'm shooting, so I have no idea.

That's the part I'm best at, actually. I seriously don't want anything to go wrong health-wise, so I'm really careful about being as sterile as possible. How long is shooting supposed to keep you high, by the way? I heard hours to start with, and now I'm hearing days. I usually smoke and snort at the same time I'm shooting, so I have no idea.

Hah, days? I wish.

The high begins to fade after about 3-4 hours. Snorting lasts a lot longer. 6-8 hours.

Last edited:
Yeah, I figured maybe 6 hours. I thought maybe you'd be high for days if you did a ridiculous amount, but I still doubted it. Thanks for the answer!

When I IV, I use my pinkie and third finger along with my thumb to hold the barrel, while resting my hand on my arm (for steadiness, as described above). This leaves my first two fingers to get a register, which makes the process very easy and steady. Good luck, be safe.

If you fear slipping out of the vein, what you should do is pull back on the plunger when you know you Havnt hit yet. Keep the plunger held back and then try to hit a vein-this creates a vacuum, and once you stroke gold the blood flows up the barrel without you needing to do anything.

Also always make sure that your syringe is at a shallow degree and the needle is all the way in, it takes a veteran to have the hands necessarily to push down and not miss when the needles halfway out in the air.

Meth is not the drug you should be learning how to inject with, just my 2 cents. Please go back to non-IV routes, or have an expert help.

If there was anything I could say to dissuade you I would. I wish there was.

Stop stop stop.
Anywhere on the arm is usually good, just be sure and rotate sites and and try and find what you're comfortable with. Comfort is key here.
Hydration is important on a variety of levels especially as far as I.v. goes.
If you can't get it STOP drink a liter of water wait 1-3 hours eat some veggies

You guys don't see the trolliness of this post? Both hands free? How is that even possible?

Mr. Scagnettie said:
You have to rest your hand on your arm so it's steady

:! I knew I was fucking up something my last few IVs (after a very lengthy break, though it's been a while since those now). I feel plain stupid, I was entirely self-taught though.

I don't ever plan on injecting anything, let alone meth. But I am curious, what the Meth rush like? The only thing I can compare it to is Nicotine as I've smoked beyond my fair-share of cigarettes, but I've taken most all of the Prescription stimulants. I know those don't give you a rush, but if you could maybe use those to to compare it, it might make it easier to explain....

When I IV, I use my pinkie and third finger along with my thumb to hold the barrel, while resting my hand on my arm (for steadiness, as described above). This leaves my first two fingers to get a register, which makes the process very easy and steady. Good luck, be safe.

Yeah this is what I do, makes it super easy.

As others have said, make sure you're approaching at a shallow angle, you want the needle to be as close to the angle of the vein as possible. Also, maybe you need a different type of needle. Some people prefer short tips so they can put most or all of the needle in the vein so slipping out is harder to do. Or if you have deep veins, you may need a long tip to be able to reach them comfortabley.

Whatever the problem is, you need to figure it out because your feet are just about the worst place you can shoot. They have a higher risk of infection due to feet being sweatier and dirtier than somewhere like your forearms - keep in mind that even if you clean up the area prior to injection it's still more likely to get dirty when the site. Is healing in the hours/days afterwards. Also your extremities (hands and feet) have poorer circulation than areas closer to you heart so it's harder for them to heal, and they run a higher risk of complication, especially if something goes wrong during the injection (like a missed shot). And speaking of a missed shot, if you miss in your feet there's not a lot of fat or muscle to absorb it so it sits there longer, again raising the probability for complications.

I'd recommend a few things:
1. Stop iving. It's a risky and addictive roa that most of us wish we'd never picked up.
2. Practice. Get a big box of clean syringes, alcohol swabs, and a sterile 0.9% NaCl solution, and practice hitting yourself. If you do it this way you should be able to repeatedly poke yourself with no complications. New syringes will be sterile and cause very little damage to veins since they won't be reused, alcohol will keep injection sites clean, and the saline is isotonic so you can inject a lot of it (though you don't need to put a lot in the rig if you're just doing it for practice) without throwing off your electorlytes, and as long as the solution remains sterile, even a complete miss won't cause a problem. Now obviously I'm not telling you to go poke yourself a thousand times, but a dozen or two times so that you get the hang of it with very few risks unlike if you were using street drugs should be a better alternative. I also find that saline gives me a distinct smell/taste when injected so you can use that to verify you hit since there won't be any rush or effect of a drug.
3. If for some reason you really still need both hands to hit yourself, and that fact doesn't dissuade you from using a needle, there are places you can hit besides your feet. Your ankles/lower calf usually have a few easy to see veins, and there. Are surface veins all over your legs that can be hit. I'm not sure about the thighs and the risk of blood clots, I've never had to try and hit there.

Wow...I'm sorry about the fucking novel, I hope some of that makes some sense. Good luck though :)

If you keep using meth, you'll lose weight rapidly. This will cause more veins to be apparent, so the problem should sort itself out. lol
I'm not being serious of course. IDK where else to shoot. Unless you grit your teeth and just use your arm until you become more practiced at it or have a trusted non-sober aid you.

The length of the high depends on the dose, though in general injection seems to wear off faster than when I use other ROAs with similar quantities.

I guess the few times I've done it, I come in an a slight angle. Maybe that stabilizes the syringe, because I have no problems with it wiggling.

I agree with CH above, don't start with meth to learn as complications from misses can be horrendous, look at the case studies thread. I should've mentioned that as my previous post wasnt quite HR

I agree with CH above, don't start with meth to learn as complications from misses can be horrendous, look at the case studies thread. I should've mentioned that as my previous post wasnt quite HR

Megalum knows what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.