• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Where should I inject meth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-read this post again...God, you've just started injecting and you're using your feet? I've been shooting Heroin, coke, multiple stimulants, and other drugs for seven years, and even now, as I sit in my room poking myself for up to an hour sometimes to get a good hit, I will not use my feet. The thing is, I've tried, and the circulation is just so poor, that whenever I register, it fill so slowly it freaks me out.

You really should try and learn to use your arms. If you need to use a tourniquet, than use it, but as long as your on the slim side it's likely not needed. Also, what size syringes are you using (like, whats the gauge, and are they 1/2" points or 8mm/5/16" short tips?)?

Surprised nobody has mentioned it already, but the closest way to do a "hands-free" injection would be to get a hold of a butteryfly needle with a luer-lock fit in its tubing. This way you can use your usual syringe to prep the shot, backload it into the luer-lock syringe with the butterfly needle attached, push it so a drop comes out and it's filling the tubing between, and then take your time to place the butterfly needle.

This way, the tubing will allow for you to use one hand to push the plunger even when it's shaky without you actually affecting the position of the needle, plus the butterfly needle design allows for you to tape down the "wings" after inserting it for added security.

Definitely wouldn't be the most economically-wise method, but it'd certainly be the most helpful in terms of providing you with an answer to your original question.

right on....but the pain and suffering of making sure one of those butterfly needles is in might defeat the whole purpose....Those are usually some much wider gauge needles than what we'd normally use....for drawing blood? yeah... for a 1ml shot? I think you're better off just getting a vein and figuring it out with the smaller, more maneuverable needle...

The question is not where, but why?

Oral, or smoking is way better in terms of the safety and length of the high...

Thanks to everyone that answered! I'm actually extremely good at hitting myself in my inner elbows, and anywhere else for that matter, now. I figured out how to hold the needle still while you register and inject. And to those of you that said stop IV'ing, I'm not going to take your advice, but thanks for giving it. And I used my feet because someone suggested it and I thought "Eh, why not try?" and it ended up being so easy that I just kept using them. I generally use my arms unless they're all healing now, though.

Last edited:
The question is not where, but why?

Oral, or smoking is way better in terms of the safety and length of the high...

I don't like oral or smoking. Oral is too weak of a high, and smoking doesn't get me high anymore. It hasn't since I started banging. Plus, I don't like either as much as banging, so that's just what I'm gonna do. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

You guys don't see the trolliness of this post? Both hands free? How is that even possible?
I'm not a troll. I just hadn't learned how to hit myself somewhere like my arms or hands yet. I've got it down now, thank you :) but seriously, why post if you're not going to help at all?

Into the toilet and flush it.

do you really think you're helping anything? Trust me, you're not. You're just making me 1,000x more likely to continue doing it :)

TRUE THAT! TweakerBirdie ;) Any attempt by posters trying to discourage certain behaviors like that are demonstrating epic futility... You guys don't think that people considering doing these things haven't heard all that already? 8) I can say from personal experience, that reading posts like that did indeed strengthen my resolve to do exactly what they were advising me not to do. Honestly, to me, those posts appear to be absolutely ridiculous... :? 8(

TRUE THAT! TweakerBirdie ;) Any attempt by posters trying to discourage certain behaviors like that are demonstrating epic futility... You guys don't think that people considering doing these things haven't heard all that already? 8) I can say from personal experience, that reading posts like that did indeed strengthen my resolve to do exactly what they were advising me not to do. Honestly, to me, those posts appear to be absolutely ridiculous... :? 8(

There's nothing wrong with people who have the experience you don't and that have been there, to try and dissuade you from going down a road they know is going to end in misery. You're making a big mistake not listening because all of us who were told the same things in the beginning sure wish we listened.

Where should I inject meth?
into a glass of water, then drink it.

I don't like oral or smoking. Oral is too weak of a high, and smoking doesn't get me high anymore.
That being said....................................

:!

Just re-read this post again...God, you've just started injecting and you're using your feet? I've been shooting Heroin, coke, multiple stimulants, and other drugs for seven years, and even now, as I sit in my room poking myself for up to an hour sometimes to get a good hit, I will not use my feet. The thing is, I've tried, and the circulation is just so poor, that whenever I register, it fill so slowly it freaks me out.

You really should try and learn to use your arms. If you need to use a tourniquet, than use it, but as long as your on the slim side it's likely not needed. Also, what size syringes are you using (like, whats the gauge, and are they 1/2" points or 8mm/5/16" short tips?)?

31g short tips.

do you really think you're helping anything? Trust me, you're not. You're just making me 1,000x more likely to continue doing it :)

you're a fukin genius aint ya?? old heads tell you dont do it and you come back with something like " oh well now im just gonna do more because you told me not to" wtf are you 14. jeezus H kriste. its a HARM REDUCTION SITE. smarter people than you have fuked their lives up by banging, but you know better right?? some people here just baffle me they've lived as long as they have. :?

you're a fukin genius aint ya?? old heads tell you dont do it and you come back with something like " oh well now im just gonna do more because you told me not to" wtf are you 14. jeezus H kriste. its a HARM REDUCTION SITE. smarter people than you have fuked their lives up by banging, but you know better right?? some people here just baffle me they've lived as long as they have. :?

I'm very sorry for offending you. I'll try to be more respectful in the future. And yes, I used to be extremely smart, but I definitely killed a few brain cells with drugs. And no, I'm not 14 :p
Just saying, but when i think "harm reduction", I think tips like "use clean needles, clean your arms before you bang, don't share needles" type of things, not "don't do it." That's hardly harm reduction considering that 99% of people will, indeed, still do it :)
But thank you very much for your opinion. I do value it, and I appreciate everyone's opinions at this point in my life. So, to anyone that I offended by that post, I'm very, very sorry. I will be more considerate and respectful in the future. Thank you everyone for your opinions.
I hope that everyone can respect my opinion as I now respect theirs. Your post really did change my views on things.

Last edited:

That being said....................................

:!

Thanks for the opinion, but I think I'll probably stick to shooting it. I will consider your advice if I'm ever out of needles or something though. :)

Last edited:
I'm very sorry for offending you. I'll try to be more respectful in the future. And yes, I used to be extremely smart, but I definitely killed a few brain cells with drugs. And no, I'm not 14 :p
Just saying, but when i think "harm reduction", I think tips like "use clean needles, clean your arms before you bang, don't share needles" type of things, not "don't do it." That's hardly harm reduction considering that 99% of people will, indeed, still do it :)
But thank you very much for your opinion. I do value it, and I appreciate everyone's opinions at this point in my life. So, to anyone that I offended by that post, I'm very, very sorry. I will be more considerate and respectful in the future. Thank you everyone for your opinions.
I hope that everyone can respect my opinion as I now respect theirs. Your post really did change my views on things.

its not that u offended me. people are trying to help u. the absolute best advice a fledgling junkie can get and take is dont shoot up. i shot up and it literally killed me in 08. was it worth it, hell no and i havent done it again. if i wasnt with my buddy when i fell out, id be dead, two other people in that house wanted to drag me into the street and leave me there. luckily my buddy is a huge biker and told them to fuk off and he called 911....do what ur gonna do i guess....... /shrugs

^I don't even remember my post in this thread...but didn't you say something about shooting up "hands free" into your foot? I don't really see how that ones possible unless you can hit yourself with your other foot? IDK, shooting meth will turn you into weird looking, sketchy mother fucker, but if you wanna do it!

Thanks for the opinion, but I think I'll probably stick to shooting it. I will consider your advice if I'm ever out of needles or something though. :)

The reason we said this is because meth is fully absorbed orally.

You will get higher for longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.