• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

any doctors who specialize in MDMA around the world?

Hey PMZ,

I am 2 years and 7 months into recovery.
No matter what anybody else says, you know the cause of the problem was the drug and the dosage that you chose.

The first few months of my recovery were, without a doubt, the most difficult and traumatic period of my entire life.
There will never be a suffering that can equal this experience.

I was certainly an OCD personality type prior to my drug use.
Always have been...

But after my MDMA-induced neurotoxic brain damage, my OCD nature seemed to take over.
I researched to the point of exhaustion.
My mind, while suffering, seemed fueled beyond reason.
I literally read THOUSANDS of research articles, including a large number of meta analyses, which are research papers written by a qualified research scientist that have spent a LONG time reviewing the literature on MDMA toxicity.

I felt as if I was capable of learning as much as a seasoned doctor, in a period of months.
On the internet...

Was I right?
Maybe...
Was I crazy?
Absolutely.

I was a very bright young man and an excellent student.
I pushed myself to the limit mentally, trying to understand the neurological and chemical basis of what had happened to me.
I telescoped my efforts solely on the function of serotonin as a neurotransmitter and the known toxic effects of MDMA.
I prayed that somehow, in my brilliance and desperation, that I could discover the treatment or medication that could STOP what was happening to me.

I was wrong.

Read through some of my old posts, and you will understand the lengths that I went to.
If I never located the 'cure' to MDMA brain-damage, then perhaps you can accept this process as inevitable.

Yet I recall a rather insightful revelation from long ago, something I would have said in the initial research phase...

There is no way to stop the racing mind.
At least not completely.

There is a trend among the 'victims' of MDMA to research, to read, to write, to ramble....some endlessly.
The energy that fuels the suffering mind is almost without limitation.
Those who do not experience this type of 'brain damage' simply cannot understand the nature of it.

Therefore, advising those early in the recovery process to simply 'let go' or 'calm down' is foolish.
Its a joke.
Cue laughter!

It is not POSSIBLE to stop thinking about the dysfunction of emotion that you find yourself in.
The brain is FORCING the victim to worry, to wonder, to suffer.
And those who look back at their own recovery and proclaim that acceptance is the key - they forget (necessarily so) that it was the process of suffering that ALLOWED them to accept their fate.

You will not be able to understand this until later.
You will not be able to think and learn enough to alter the course of your suffering in a substantial way.
The thing that allows the suffering to improve is the suffering itself.

Are you familiar with the relationship between serotonin and cortisol?
It is a critical relationship, if you are to understand what is happening to you...

The more serotonin transmission that occurs, the greater the release of this stress hormone.
With MDMA use, cortisol can skyrocket to 800% of normal levels in some people.
But all users experience a spike in cortisol of some kind.
After the peak, cortisol tapers off and both prolactin and dopamine flood the brain.

Cortisol is a defense mechanism against serotonin.
It increases the metabolism of serotonin, thereby reducing it.
The brain fights back when serotonin levels rise.

Why is this?

Serotonin is a modulator, a control mechanism with widespread effects upon other neurotransmitters and capillary beds in the brain.
It also has a profound impact upon the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis.
This is a structure you should also become familiar with.

When damage to the serotonin nerves occurs, serotonin levels don't simply drop.
Yes, MDMA depletes serotonin stores and inhibits the enzyme that produces more...
But when the actual nerve structure that branches from the brain stem through the hypothalamus and into the frontal lobes experiences a neurotoxic event - the re-growth of new serotonin axons is NOT associated with positive emotional or cognitive experiences.

Serotonin INHIBITS brain cell function.

As the tree of nerves starts pulsating with serotonin, your highest brain structures are literally being dimmed or shut off.
The suffering that you feel is a result of this process.

Your mind is fighting back.
Cortisol is released in an ongoing relentless pursuit of homeostasis.
One that is never achieved.

No matter the amount of cortisol released, your nerves are damaged.
You can put a leash on the process, but you cannot stop it.
Every day you awaken to a new reality, one in which your stress levels simply do NOT relent.
It is unreal and unimaginable.

Welcome to the world of mental illness.
Yes, this is what major depression or psychosis feels like for some people.
Understanding and accepting this came easily to me, and intellectually it helped.

The good news is that plenty of research on MDMA has been done that shows depression and anxiety do eventually resolve.
But it takes a year or two.
Two months is only the beginning.

But it is the hardest part indeed.
The first four months were absolute hell for me.
Words cannot express...

One day your cortisol levels will drop, perhaps due to exhaustion.
This is known as chronic fatigue and it is a serious metabolic and cognitive event.
It took six months to hit me.

When it finally did, two things happened.
First, the cognitive changes started setting in.
Second, I got VERY tired in the middle of the day - especially after eating.

I decided that when cortisol levels are finally exhausted, after months of suffering, the brain's serotonin network is finally able to sprout new axons in the cortex.
This means life-long alterations in structure.
And long-term changes in personality and cognitive abilities.

But until your cortisol levels finally drop, this is not possible.
You are currently fighting an inevitable process.
Right?

Well there is one other approach, other than waiting for exhaustion and cognitive decline to set in...
It involves going the other direction.

What happens if cortisol were significantly increased?
Beyond what your mind is capable of doing on its own?

No, I'm NOT talking about taking another dose of neurotoxic MDMA!

I'm talking about Electro-Convulsive Therapy.
ECT.

Yes, it is still in use.
And some psychiatrists swear by it, while others demonize it.
But it seems to be the ONE treatment with the potential to resprout a significant amount of your cortical serotonin nerves and restore your mind to working order.

ECT releases powerful waves of BDNF, or brain derived neutrophic factor, a protein that literally grows serotonin nerves.
It is also released by physical exercise, but in much smaller amounts.
Nothing comes close to the BDNF release of ECT.

It also releases cortisol.
In fact, the level of cortisol release is associated with recovery.
The patients with higher cortisol response to ECT are the ones with the most reliable and successful recoveries.
Those with lower cortisol levels during ECT are predictive of poorer long-term prognosis and the need for re-treatment in the future.

A massive wave of cortisol and BDNF at the same time might be the one thing that can 'cure' the re-wiring process that you are experiencing right now.
And it is my humble opinion that this treatment is most effective EARLY ON.
The same is true in other mental illnesses - with severe depression the sooner treatment of any kind (including ECT) is performed the more likely recovery is going to happen.
With schizophrenia, evidence exists that if ECT is performed within the first year their is an 80% chance of life-long remission.

For me, I felt like the first six months were the opportunity I missed.
Beyond this time, I felt like long-term changes in brain structure had already occurred that rendered ECT treatment less effective or even damaging.
But if I could return to the initial first months of this process, if I had a time-machine to travel back to that era of unimaginable suffering, I wouldn't hesitate to seek out this treatment.
I would search until I found a doctor to administer it, no matter the risks.
Memory loss? Big deal, worse things can happen than forgetting names, faces, and how to read quickly.
All that happened to me anyways.

ECT may be the magic bullet.
It may not be.
As with many areas of brain research, it is too complicated to fully understand.
What we do know is that ECT causes remarkable recovery among a percentage of severely mentally ill people.
And significant short-term memory loss in about a third of them.

There are miracle stories.
And I would BET that MDMA victims, those that report major anxiety along with elevated prolactin and cortisol plasma levels, would benefit very clearly from this treatment.
We should be testing this treatment out on primates to prove it.
Or disprove...

Through all of my research, no doctor that studied MDMA offered treatment opinions other than the lack of effectiveness of SSRIs.
But I did find a case study of severe depression in an MDMA user that was cured with ECT and showed no return of symptoms within the one year follow-up.
And many psychiatrists offer support for this treatment - pointing to the robust growth of serotonin in the hippocampus as evidence.
This may also explain memory loss in some patients - remember that serotonin inhibits neuronal firing.

Even if you chose to avoid this treatment, which is a very big decision...
You can be comforted by the knowledge that significant amounts of MDMA research have shown that severe depression among its users does eventually resolve - with abstinence from drug use.
Alcohol is to be avoided or used with reason - it kills nerve growth factors in the brain.
Moderation...

But 12 months is the typical recovery period for anxiety - many papers bear this out.
The first four months are always the worst.

You may still get lucky and see resolution in the next few weeks.
But if you make it past month four with continued struggles, then count on twelve months.
Mark the weeks off the calendar.

And start working out.
Every single day.

Exercise is the ONLY coping mechanism that really works.
It will increase BDNF more with each consecutive day of effort.
This restores some serotonin axons, thereby reducing overall serotonin transmission and cortisol levels.
At least for a while.

Constant exercise will help your brain rewire itself.
Believe me.

No excuses, get out there and run.
I did many pushups with tears streaming down my face - wondering when the suffering will end.
It took a VERY VERY long time, but here I am 2.5 years later telling you it gets better,.
Start sweating and wait for month 6 - you will feel alive again.
By month 12 you will believe that you will be ok and you can accept whatever fate has in store.
By month 24 you will really understand what 're-wire' means.
And every month beyond that you will understand that you have the rest of your life to work on 're-wiring' who you are.

Life is still ahead of you, in the distance.
Stay strong.

FBC

Scary as shit, but i know it will be along run for me. The hardest part is knowing how I will ever get my life back on track after this. I had a good job and good friends. 2 years and will not be able to go back to this. I dont want to be 30 and finally starting my life again. Its scary to know that I will have to start my entire life over because of this. I understand that my life is going to be filled with nothing but suffering for the next few years. Its scary and sad to have to accept this. I used to love the person I was. I was constantly happy for no reason. I was sucessful will many friends and was loved. I feel like I have lost all of this due to a drug that supposed to make you happy. accepting my life will be changed forever is the scariest thing in the world. I feel like a accident victim who lost his legs. Coping with this is not easy. Ive always had soooo much energy and my entire mentality about life is just have fun. Life is short and it needs to be enjoyed. The fact that I can no longer enjoy life is the saddest part. making be borderline suicidal. I wont act upon this because I care about my friends and family too much and have faith that I will get better. But I will never be the same. that much I do accept. I know im still young. but this was the best year of my life and now it came to a crashing hault. I feel like i have already died. I have no idea how to return back to life after this. all I want to do is go back out with friends and laugh and enjoy the simple things in life. I feel like Ill never be able to do that again. I need to stay strong though. For my family, I need to keep going.

This will be an endless battle, and Ive never been so afraid in my life. Noone seems to understand what I am going though, nor they will ever. Its like a death sentence for my youth right now. Ive done something very stupid and now I have to live with it. I wish there was an easy way out, but there isnt.

I am grateful to have supportive parents that are seeing me through this. As young as I am, I need to be able to get my life back on track somewhere down the line at some point.

There are not enough stories about people going through any of this at the extend that I am. Ive only read about depression and anxiety. But my depression and anxiety are purely fueled by the fact that I feel and know that my brain has been altered in the most negative way.

Ive been ripped of my soul. SSRIs, anti-anxiety pills, sleeping pills, nothing will fix this. I know there has been a terrible tearing in my brain that occured. Im trying to be optimistic, I really am, but its wearing me thin. The fact that I cant even think or organize thoughts the same way is the scariest part. I just want to be independent again. I cant even hold down a job at the moment.

Did I really fuck my self up that bad? Why do I feel so alone in this struggle? No one seems to be as bad as I am. The pain is far deeper than I ever thought I would imagine. Its not physical, its not even emotional. Its a pain of loosing everything I had that I enjoyed. My own self, my personality was my own best friend. I relied on him to get me everywhere. I loved the person who I was, and spend years to gain the knowledge and confidence that I had. That person had died and all I was able to do was sit there and watch him burn.

Im very regretful for what I have done to my self and wish I could take it all back. But I made my bed and I have to lay in it.

Im seeking professional help and doing what ever I can. but sitting and chatting with a doc wont rewire my brain. I guess it will at least feel good to just vent. I have no other option really.

Last edited:
Did I really fuck my self up that bad? Why do I feel so alone in this struggle? No one seems to be as bad as I am. The pain is far deeper than I ever thought I would imagine. Its not physical, its not even emotional. Its a pain of loosing everything I had that I enjoyed. My own self, my personality was my own best friend. I relied on him to get me everywhere. I loved the person who I was, and spend years to gain the knowledge and confidence that I had. That person had died and all I was able to do was sit there and watch him burn.

i hear you pmz, these lines express exactly how i felt 6 month ago - BUT now i am me again, it all came back, trust me i know how awful it is and no one can understand it until experienced first hand, give it time, you will feel normal again.

best of luck

i hear you pmz, these lines express exactly how i felt 6 month ago - BUT now i am me again, it all came back, trust me i know how awful it is and no one can understand it until experienced first hand, give it time, you will feel normal again.

best of luck

thats good to know. I mean, how much of a cognitive effect did you feel? I feel just so much dumber/slower and no nearly as sharp. My reading even kinda sucks. Relatable?

thats good to know. I mean, how much of a cognitive effect did you feel? I feel just so much dumber/slower and no nearly as sharp. My reading even kinda sucks. Relatable?

... totally ... i couldnt even walk straight for a week and stuttered the first month

... totally ... i couldnt even walk straight for a week and stuttered the first month

shit, how much did you take to do that? and how long did the cognitive stuff last? Insomnia was bad im assuming? what about any sexual issues? sorry for all the questions. Trying to see how relatable some people are. I need as much success stories as possible.

Everyone i read who has these issues have problems from small doses. I know i took a large dose(500mg), 2 days in a row. I have no fucking clue what I was thinking.

I understand that my life is going to be filled with nothing but suffering for the next few years.

You have to remember PMZ that not all recovery times lead into years of suffering. On my first long term comedown experience it only lasted 6 months. None of us will ever know how long your recovery will take but if you focus your mind on a three to four year recovery you are just going to drive your anxiety levels further and further down hill.

accepting my life will be changed forever is the scariest thing in the world. I feel like a accident victim who lost his legs.

This has all the hallmarks of anxiety im afraid. You really need to try not to think like this. Losing your legs is a permanent thing. Although you are in a state of stress and anxiety this will change and eventually you will be that person again I promise.

I feel like i have already died. I have no idea how to return back to life after this.

I know exactly how you feel its like living in a horror movie. Once you recover everyththing all of a sudden feels okay again. Thats exactly how it went for me. You truly have to have faith in this.

Its like a death sentence for my youth right now.

For now yes but its a blip nothing more. One day you will look back on this experience and all these crazy nutters you met on bluelight and just laugh. I truly mean that as you will eventually smile again and it will be all over.

There are not enough stories about people going through any of this at the extend that I am. Ive only read about depression and anxiety. But my depression and anxiety are purely fueled by the fact that I feel and know that my brain has been altered in the most negative way.

I think you are mistaken there. There are plenty of us here also experiencing the same thing I mean the symptoms I have are bed ridden 24/7 I cant even go outside. That is pretty severe wouldnt you say? I am sure everyone suffering has that dreadful feeling of fear and tension riddled by excessive anxiety and underlying depression. Dont think its only you were all in this together.

You really need to try and focus your mind on something other than your conditions on Bluelight in your case I really dont think it is helping you. Reading FBCs post above although informative as they always are you have to be careful you dont apply his condition of say a 2.5 year ongoing recovery and assume that is you. I know many more people whos recovery has been much shorter. Cope is living proof of that. I was there with him in the early days and he could barely move from his flat now he is back to normal and able to party and hang out with chicks again.

Please for your own minds sake look into some alternative things to focus your mind on. Do you like computer games? I can give you some links to some awesome games for free download if you like. Try bike riding that is quite nice. Another thing I did whilst in mental hospital was swimming that always made me feel very good after. perhaps some trips to the gym, maybe the sauna anything along these lines is better than reinforcing your fears on BL.

I hope this helps you PMZ I understand you are very unhappy but stay positive.

You have to remember PMZ that not all recovery times lead into years of suffering. On my first long term comedown experience it only lasted 6 months. None of us will ever know how long your recovery will take but if you focus your mind on a three to four year recovery you are just going to drive your anxiety levels further and further down hill.

This has all the hallmarks of anxiety im afraid. You really need to try not to think like this. Losing your legs is a permanent thing. Although you are in a state of stress and anxiety this will change and eventually you will be that person again I promise.

I know exactly how you feel its like living in a horror movie. Once you recover everyththing all of a sudden feels okay again. Thats exactly how it went for me. You truly have to have faith in this.

For now yes but its a blip nothing more. One day you will look back on this experience and all these crazy nutters you met on bluelight and just laugh. I truly mean that as you will eventually smile again and it will be all over.

I think you are mistaken there. There are plenty of us here also experiencing the same thing I mean the symptoms I have are bed ridden 24/7 I cant even go outside. That is pretty severe wouldnt you say? I am sure everyone suffering has that dreadful feeling of fear and tension riddled by excessive anxiety and underlying depression. Dont think its only you were all in this together.

You really need to try and focus your mind on something other than your conditions on Bluelight in your case I really dont think it is helping you. Reading FBCs post above although informative as they always are you have to be careful you dont apply his condition of say a 2.5 year ongoing recovery and assume that is you. I know many more people whos recovery has been much shorter. Cope is living proof of that. I was there with him in the early days and he could barely move from his flat now he is back to normal and able to party and hang out with chicks again.

Please for your own minds sake look into some alternative things to focus your mind on. Do you like computer games? I can give you some links to some awesome games for free download if you like. Try bike riding that is quite nice. Another thing I did whilst in mental hospital was swimming that always made me feel very good after. perhaps some trips to the gym, maybe the sauna anything along these lines is better than reinforcing your fears on BL.

I hope this helps you PMZ I understand you are very unhappy but stay positive.
I know you are right. Its so hard to have a positive outlook. I'm almost disgusted in myself for the things that come out of my mouth. I wanna do things bit literally I fond no enjoyment in anything. And the messed up part was I Dont exactly have much in the way of hobbies. I used to just look up music and shows and go out with friends to kill my time. Im not interested in either at the moment. As far a video games. I should probably get into that. My twisted mind at the moment says I'm not capable of learning a video game. As fucked up as it sounds. Its kept me away from picking up my father's Xbox and just playing. Send me some links why not. I'm sure its better than clicking refresh on blue light every 10 min to see if I got a new response.

hello pmz

I sent you a PM with the link.

Although the game emulator is GNU Licence (ie freeware) I am not sure if I am allowed to post links to games?

if anyone else wants games PM me and ill post you the link.

If one of the Mods gives me the all clear I can post the link here :)

There is a fairly good chance that a lot of these stories are just regular mental health issues. If you combine hypochondria, OCD and anxiety you end up with a massive cluster fuck. In the cases I'm reading here MDMA may well of been the trigger.

It also may be the case that some of these individuals would of had some mental health issues anyway possibly triggered by anothet event, job loss, bereavement etc

Beyond this time, I felt like long-term changes in brain structure had already occurred that rendered ECT treatment less effective or even damaging.
But if I could return to the initial first months of this process, if I had a time-machine to travel back to that era of unimaginable suffering, I wouldn't hesitate to seek out this treatment.
I would search until I found a doctor to administer it, no matter the risks.

I dont think ECT would be prescribed by many doctors/shrinks by pestering them or requesting it. It is usually a last chance saloon treatment.

There is a fairly good chance that a lot of these stories are just regular mental health issues. If you combine hypochondria, OCD and anxiety you end up with a massive cluster fuck. In the cases I'm reading here MDMA may well of been the trigger.

It also may be the case that some of these individuals would of had some mental health issues anyway possibly triggered by anothet event, job loss, bereavement etc

Wow and you acuse me of repeating myself.

Again a big question has to be asked why you would want to come into a support thread and say this abusive crap all the time.

Your not helping anyone so why bother?

I would say judging by this repeated abuse to people suffering you must suffer from some type of mental problem or social disorder yourself.

Just out of curiosity, Is it worth sending in my "molly" to get tested my pill reports? I mean the damage is already done. Ive done the marquise test and it turned up purple/black though. Im just curious if there wasnt anything else in it. This was the brownest molly I have ever seen. I was told it was "unbleached molly" with Sass oil in it hence the color. Sound right at all?

If you have an extra 100 bucks you are willing to blow, go for it. But remember, it is not going to change anything.

It's not like they are going to say "wow this is a piperazine, now to fix yourself take 2x fish oil and then jack off thrice daily"

Do your best to quit obsessing. Everyone here is rooting for you, but you gotta push yourself to try to live as normally as possible. The more you shut your life down due to your feelings, the bigger of a hole you have to climb out of later.

Seriously, take a break from BL. You are not going to find an easy quick fix for what you are experiencing here. Everyone is offering support but no one can fix what you are going through. You just have to ride it out. Part of that is mitigating the damage that has already been done. That means not working yourself up anymore with excessive stress and worry about your condition.

If you have an extra 100 bucks you are willing to blow, go for it. But remember, it is not going to change anything.

It's not like they are going to say "wow this is a piperazine, now to fix yourself take 2x fish oil and then jack off thrice daily"

Do your best to quit obsessing. Everyone here is rooting for you, but you gotta push yourself to try to live as normally as possible. The more you shut your life down due to your feelings, the bigger of a hole you have to climb out of later.

Seriously, take a break from BL. You are not going to find an easy quick fix for what you are experiencing here. Everyone is offering support but no one can fix what you are going through. You just have to ride it out. Part of that is mitigating the damage that has already been done. That means not working yourself up anymore with excessive stress and worry about your condition.

your right. Im already in a huge hole as it is. I just like this forum as an outlet. Not seeing a shrink yet, so rather than bottling things up i can open up here. Is it making things worse, I dont know, probably, but its a place I can talk for now. If I didnt stop checking BL, I would not have found Catinthehats success post. So for me, my obsessive checking here has paid off...

This was the brownest molly I have ever seen. I was told it was "unbleached molly" with Sass oil in it hence the color. Sound right at all?

I love all the dealer slang they use LOL.

Unbleached molley is an attempt to suggest white would be bleached. Total nonsense.

If its white then thats the nice clean stuff. When its brown usually the darker the more impurities. Sometimes if its really rough it can also be hydrous ie it attracts water and is mushy.

If you look at a close up shot of a speaker one of the famous dutch imports you can actually see the white crystals embedded into the pill. Thats the stuff you want nice clean and white means its been filtered and washed properly.

In terms of getting an analysis off edata I would say NO.

The reason why is because if you do you are surrendering to your anxiety. Kind of like staying off bluelight for a while. Try and break out a bit, force yourself to go to the gym, force yourself off bluelight for a day and play some computer games see how you feel then. likely a lot better. Each one of these steps you take the closer to recovery. I know it feels like shit but just do it.

Just out of curiosity, Is it worth sending in my "molly" to get tested my pill reports? I mean the damage is already done. Ive done the marquise test and it turned up purple/black though. Im just curious if there wasnt anything else in it. This was the brownest molly I have ever seen. I was told it was "unbleached molly" with Sass oil in it hence the color. Sound right at all?

Brown "molly" that tests purple / black is probably quite impure MDMA, or one of the other actives that test purple on marquis (MDA, APBs, etc.) "Unbleached"? Nope. Bad chemistry? Yep. It could be a little impure or it could be a *lot* impure, hard to say.

We all know that MDMA is neurotoxic to some degree, but one thing I have wondered is if any MDMA impurities are far more neurotoxic than MDMA itself. At any rate, unfortunately, I don't know of a public way to analyze impurities. The analysis services out there will merely tell you pharmacologically active ingredients. Useful to find out if your MDMA really was MDMA or whether it was a cocktail of chemicals, not so useful to tell you purity level. The neurotoxicity of MDMA impurities at any rate has not been studied much at all, so at this point all a test will do is make you worry I think.

(It is useful to remind people however that pure MDMA is white, though. Though white powder or crystals does not necessarily indicate purity level, brown MDMA is *definitely* impure.)

Brown "molly" that tests purple / black is probably quite impure MDMA, or one of the other actives that test purple on marquis (MDA, APBs, etc.) "Unbleached"? Nope. Bad chemistry? Yep. It could be a little impure or it could be a *lot* impure, hard to say.

We all know that MDMA is neurotoxic to some degree, but one thing I have wondered is if any MDMA impurities are far more neurotoxic than MDMA itself. At any rate, unfortunately, I don't know of a public way to analyze impurities. The analysis services out there will merely tell you pharmacologically active ingredients. Useful to find out if your MDMA really was MDMA or whether it was a cocktail of chemicals, not so useful to tell you purity level. The neurotoxicity of MDMA impurities at any rate has not been studied much at all, so at this point all a test will do is make you worry I think.

(It is useful to remind people however that pure MDMA is white, though. Though white powder or crystals does not necessarily indicate purity level, brown MDMA is *definitely* impure.)

from the looks of it, i have a 40x magnifying glass. There are white crystals and there are some brown crystals. Its def a mix of stuff. Isnt Sass brown, It could be mixed i guess? Dont know