View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I didn't explain that very clearly with the wine analogy, sorry. Think of a half a glass of white and a half a glass of red, together. The experience was not harmonious or synergistic as I had hoped it would be. Not like say mdma/mda combo. In this case a half and a half did not add up to a whole, it was dischordant. I was going to relate it as hearing two songs at once but that is often quite pleasant. With 150ug of each I have had not got "stuck" but maybe tolerance is starting to come into play now (one 150ug dose every two weeks for a little while now, no LSD for a couple of years before that). Would be interested to hear how you go with a combo, or anyone else, as I have not read of many other experiences, as always ymmv.
I should start by saying that I don't spend very much time on these forums. (You'll notice that this is my first post on this one.) But, I figured I'd register and share my experience with LSZ and AL-LAD in combination since there doesn't seem to be very much information out there.

Like orphu, I was disappointed in these two together. I was hoping for the ideal combination of introspection (via LSZ) and euphoria (via AL-LAD), but I got neither. Instead, my impression was that they were working at cross purposes ... with LSZ trying to get me to a "thinking" place and AL-LAD trying to get me to a "feeling" place. If only it had worked! But, no ... in the end, the two together got me to no place. Or at least no place very special. In fact, I recall feeling very distinctly at one point (hours in) that the LSZ experience was giving up or letting go and turning me over to the AL-LAD experience -- and I was very appreciative. They were fighting each other. And all this is to say that the wine analogy makes perfect sense to me. No harmony. No synergy. Just like orphu explained it. BTW I tried the combination only once -- 300 mcg of LSZ followed by 150 mcg of AL-LAD a couple of hours later. (You're welcome to do your own speculation as to dosage, timing, and cross-tolerance issues.)

Now, since I'm here, I might as well contribute something unique to the thread. And since this isn't the LSZ thread, I guess I'll relate what AL-LAD does for me. Emphasis on "me" since my experience strikes me as a little different than what I've read in the last few hundred(!) posts.

* It's not nauseating in the least.

* It can cause severe chills -- although not always. (When it does, warm clothes and blankets don't seem to help. They just cause cold sweats. The chill is "inside" if that makes sense? I've learned just to deal with the shivers, and I'm almost to the point where I enjoy them. You can get used to almost anything ... LOL!)

* There's definitely a certain anxiety associated with the come-up, but it's not at all unpleasant -- very much in the nature of first-date jitters. A "butterflies in the stomach" sort of feeling, which can actually be delicious in anticipation of what's to come.

* And what's to come is the most intensely pleasurable experience I know. Imagine the feeling of getting everything you've ever wanted in your whole life, all at once, and having that feeling keep washing over you in great waves -- over and over and over again for hours. I don't mean to be crude, but it's a 4- or 5-hour mental orgasm. Pure euphoria. The thought has occurred to me MANY times on AL-LAD that I would, without a second's thought, choose to spend the rest of my life chained up in a cell if someone could guarantee me a permanent AL-LAD peak feeling. And yes, it does scare me to say that. See my point below about the day and days following. (P.S. All that stuff that doctors like Sidney Cohen wrote in the '60s about how no one could possibly want to stay in a permanent psychedelic state because the "knower" knows that it isn't reality ... well, let's just say that doesn't apply here!)

* I can't imagine this ever going south on me. It's just too "nice." Benevolent to an extreme. (But, who knows?)

* AL-LAD is not necessarily terribly introspective. In fact, it can easily turn into a non-stop giggle fest if you want it to. (I've strained abdominal muscles laughing so hard for so long. Sometimes the giggling gets out of control, and there's actually the unpleasant feeling of not being able to stop it. There's a real sense of being in pleasure overload.) It *can* be extremely introspective, though, if you're equipped to connect up the feelings of intense pleasure with the concept of absolute bliss (or at least one component of that state) that gets a lot of play in Eastern thought. Now, I haven't spent infinite lifetimes sitting on a cliff in the Himalayas sorting it all out -- I don't think! But, I wonder if AL-LAD has offered me the tiniest glimpse of the pleasure component of what I'm calling absolute bliss? As I said, the "knower" seems to disappear, levels of awareness are no longer differentiable ... ecstasy is all that exists. You don't so much experience it as become it or be it. That said, what's missing -- and hugely so, and hence my interest in combining AL-LAD with LSZ -- is any sense of all-pervasive knowing. There's none of that.

* Sometimes the come-down is a little rocky. Klonopin helps; Xanax would probably help more. Sleep is usually not a problem within a reasonable amount of time.

* The following day (and even days) can be very depressing. That feeling of "ugh, who wants to be here ... why can't I just spend my life back there?"

Overall, I don't feel any compulsion to compare and contrast with LSD (which I'm not convinced I've even had for *years* -- lots of imposters out there). All of these chemicals do their own thing, in different doses, at different times, in different settings, to different people. What's that old phrase ... "there's more difference between Aldous Huxley and me than between mescaline and LSD" ... or something like that?

Anyway, like I said, this is my experience. Of course YMMV. It should, I think. ;)

They were fighting each other. And all this is to say that the wine analogy makes perfect sense to me. No harmony. No synergy. Just like orphu explained it.

Vindicated! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. They really were working at cross purposes. As sample size of 2 is not really enough to draw any real conclusions from though so maybe some of the doubters could get in on the act. Gratuitous Grace would I be correct in assuming you felt the combo to be benign enough to recommend to others?

GG - that was a great report. Thanks! I've no experience w/ LSZ, but I observed similar things with AL-LAD when I used it. Keep on posting those reports, folks. I live vicariously through these reports.

This last page people are describing no effects to ++++ from a single blotter. I don't think this is due to some property af AL-LAD, which I found rather consistent, but rather that some of the blotters might be unevenly laid.

I remember some one earlier in this thread saying that these blotters were laid by using a multichannel micropipete. If this is true it could explain it, because although being a very precise method for small scale, I'd think it would prone to errors when laying many sheets.

And I don't think that's how LSD blotters are normally laid proffesionally. I'd guess that would be by controlled submersion or spraying.

^ I'm starting to think this as well. It remains guessing though, I have no means of prooving it.

I've tasted this compound twice so far. Once at 150ug, and once at 450ug, both times combined with cannabis.

A few euphoric body rushes with only minor perceptual changes were noted with 150ug. Maybe touching a ++ at times, but nothing beyond that. Felt like I was on the verge of something special though. Took a 3 week tolerance break before the trial so I doubt that was an issue.

One week later I trialed 450ug to spectacular results. Felt extremely safe on the body - none of the NBOMe "jaggedness" I've grown accustomed to over the past year or so. Visuals were of a higher quality as well. A solid +++ for sure.

May try combining this with an APB/APDB next time to see how it goes :)

Vindicated! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. They really were working at cross purposes. As sample size of 2 is not really enough to draw any real conclusions from though so maybe some of the doubters could get in on the act. Gratuitous Grace would I be correct in assuming you felt the combo to be benign enough to recommend to others?
Benign enough? Totally. That's not to say that I thought the experiment was worth the money, resources, and time invested, however.

(My understanding is that any price discussion is forbidden on the forum, so I won't go there. Let's just acknowledge the fact that running experiments can get expensive. The resources issue is connected to my hunch that these chemicals may not always be just a few mouse clicks away. And the time invested has to do with spending the better part of a day sub-optimally, and needing a "cooling off" week or so following. Given all that, my overall recommendation is not to bother. I personally won't try it again -- I'd rather enjoy LSZ and AL-LAD on their own, allowing each to do what each does best. But, if you're into cocktailing, then I won't fault ya!)

In response to comments above that we don't really know how accurately these blotters are dosed ... yeah, absolutely true. I do have a trusted source, but I have no means of doing anything more than blindly conveying the information given to me -- the accuracy of which anyone is completely free to doubt.

P.S. Nice pun, orphu. ;)

I wandered about the accuracy of the hits as well. The hits I have contain 150ugs and I have heard a very wide range of effects from that dose but then again different people can have greatly different effects from the same dose of the same substance. I found 150ug to be pretty nice, not out of this world powerful but still a full on trip with good synesthesia.

How is the dose response curve with this substance, is there a great difference between 150ug and 300ug? I'm thinking about mixing 2 hits with some K in a day or two.

This last page people are describing no effects to ++++ from a single blotter. I don't think this is due to some property af AL-LAD, which I found rather consistent, but rather that some of the blotters might be unevenly laid.

I remember some one earlier in this thread saying that these blotters were laid by using a multichannel micropipete. If this is true it could explain it, because although being a very precise method for small scale, I'd think it would prone to errors when laying many sheets.

And I don't think that's how LSD blotters are normally laid proffesionally. I'd guess that would be by controlled submersion or spraying.

I think I was the first one in this thread to mention multichannel micropipettes. I have absolutely no idea whether they were actually used. I suggested observing the blotters in UV light and draw conclusions from the shape of the stain. Until then...

I just posted a trip report for 300ug AL-LAD in the Trip Reports section of the forum. It was a spectacular level 4 experience, click here to read.

I should start by saying that I don't spend very much time on these forums. (You'll notice that this is my first post on this one.) But, I figured I'd register and share my experience with LSZ and AL-LAD in combination since there doesn't seem to be very much information out there.

Like orphu, I was disappointed in these two together. I was hoping for the ideal combination of introspection (via LSZ) and euphoria (via AL-LAD), but I got neither. Instead, my impression was that they were working at cross purposes ... with LSZ trying to get me to a "thinking" place and AL-LAD trying to get me to a "feeling" place. If only it had worked! But, no ... in the end, the two together got me to no place. Or at least no place very special. In fact, I recall feeling very distinctly at one point (hours in) that the LSZ experience was giving up or letting go and turning me over to the AL-LAD experience -- and I was very appreciative. They were fighting each other. And all this is to say that the wine analogy makes perfect sense to me. No harmony. No synergy. Just like orphu explained it. BTW I tried the combination only once -- 300 mcg of LSZ followed by 150 mcg of AL-LAD a couple of hours later. (You're welcome to do your own speculation as to dosage, timing, and cross-tolerance issues.)

Now, since I'm here, I might as well contribute something unique to the thread. And since this isn't the LSZ thread, I guess I'll relate what AL-LAD does for me. Emphasis on "me" since my experience strikes me as a little different than what I've read in the last few hundred(!) posts.

----

Overall, I don't feel any compulsion to compare and contrast with LSD (which I'm not convinced I've even had for *years* -- lots of imposters out there). All of these chemicals do their own thing, in different doses, at different times, in different settings, to different people. What's that old phrase ... "there's more difference between Aldous Huxley and me than between mescaline and LSD" ... or something like that?

Anyway, like I said, this is my experience. Of course YMMV. It should, I think. ;)

I think you're answering your own question here. You seem to be just looking for LSD. There is a possibility of another one being more to your liking but ultimately it's a matter of trying them all till your satisfied with what you get. For the majority the lysergismide seems to be acid, haven't seen many people here been converted to this etc. Anyone actually?

I think you're answering your own question here. You seem to be just looking for LSD. There is a possibility of another one being more to your liking but ultimately it's a matter of trying them all till your satisfied with what you get. For the majority the lysergismide seems to be acid, haven't seen many people here been converted to this etc. Anyone actually?
Even though I didn't come with a question, per se, I think your observation is extremely insightful. Let's say that there's an "implicit question," here. And yeah ... totally! Of course I'm looking for LSD. (Kind of begs the question: who isn't?!? LOL!) That's the short version anyway. The longer version is that I'm looking for LSD that falls into a legal grey area, that I can order impersonally over the Internet, that's sourced from a reliable (IMO) supplier who stands by chemical genuineness and potency, and that I can pick up in an envelope from my mailbox a few days after placing my order. *That's* really the appeal here, isn't it? If you told me that I'm never going to find something *better* than LSD, then I wouldn't be heartbroken. If you told me that it's back to the street to navigate that world of unknown chemicals laid on weird slips of cardboard and peddled by an anonymous chain of shadowy figures, then I would be very disappointed, indeed. The days of that being fun are long gone...

It seems to me that this all comes back to something that's been expressed here and on all of these forums countless times. The availability of AL-LAD and LSZ and all (well, most) of the RCs has been an unbelievable turn of events. If you had told me twenty years ago that I'd be surfing something called the "Internet" and ordering psychedelics on my "laptop" semi-legally, then I would have begged you for a couple hits of whatever you were on, right? I don't know how sustainable this state of affairs is. I hope it's very sustainable. But, I'm not counting on it. Just taking it day by day for now ... and thinking about what to stock up on so that I can loosen up a bit about it and start taking it year by year.

Nice post! We live in interesting times!

Even as the RC & Legal High scene gets more & more media & goverment attention the calls & reasons for decriminalistion grow! Even the most serious crack down on internet vending & the postal service would struggle to inhibit the free, albeit illegal, trade in drugs & NPC's.

I don't see too much changing while RC vendors R&D are thinking 5,10 even 15 years ahead & on the rare occassions that governements see beyond their own noses, its never beyond the next election, 5 years.

i wish i could get my hands on some more of this substance for furthur research, as i only got to try 150 ug and it was slightly underwhelming..

lsd is way easier for me to obtain.
oh well =/

Nice post! We live in interesting times!

Even as the RC & Legal High scene gets more & more media & goverment attention the calls & reasons for decriminalisation grow! Even the most serious crack down on internet vending & the postal service would struggle to inhibit the free, albeit illegal, trade in drugs & NPC's.

I don't see too much changing while RC vendors R&D are thinking 5,10 even 15 years ahead & on the rare occassions that governements see beyond their own noses, its never beyond the next election, 5 years.

Was watching BBC Parliament t'other day.
They said they have will never legalize, regulate or decriminalize anything. In their words 'it is not worth the risk'.
I can't understand why but official figures say drug use is down ( the only possible reason this could be true is if RC use has had an impact I don't even know how they come up with these figures, but am kind curious ) so their strategy is working.

One MP also mentioned that the UN declared drug use as crime because drug use is 'immoral'. Anyone living in the UK is kidding themselves if they think a rethink is ever going to happen.
Also if RC vendors are so goddamn smart then where is our MXE replacement ?
Sorry, not tryin to be a dick or a smartarse...just shooting the breeze

Sorry for off topicness

I'm so excited to try this, maybe even the coming weekend (if the postal service is good to me).

From all I've read I'm probably going to take 300 µg (minus the allergy test). I know this could potentially lead to a heck of a trip but 1) I'm gonna have a trip sitter present; 2) have experience with other tryptamines and 3) have etizolam stocked for the emergency.

With 150 µg I'm anxious to get a "stuck between the worlds" experience as I've had multiple times, so I'm going all the way this time. With precautions and mental preparation this should work out well.

Damn I'm giddy!:D

I've tried it quite a few times now with 150 ug blotters, and it's actually made me appreciate the bodyload on other psychedelics. You should have to suffer a bit to appreciate the chemical more, man these AL-LAD trips are pure heaven and there are no negatives to speak of. It feels like cheating. My sweet spot is 300 ug, or 20 mg 2C-B mixed with 150ug AL-LAD, amazing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.