View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
One week might not be long enough for a complete tolerance reset, so I wouldn't be surprised if your LSz dose was slightly diminished in effect. Though at a week I wouldn't expect tolerance to be just a huge factor.

One 150ug official al-lad printed blotter with picture of molecule on the back from a trustworthy source was very underwhelming for me, + with zero visual effect, no tolerance at all. Possibly degraded in transit idk? Stored the same way I would L. It did have minor effects and was tasteless so I'll reserve judgement for when I get time to try 3 or 4 next time, but just wanted to throw my experience out there for all that say they tripped off one blotter, imho with what I received, no where near the strength of LSD not even close. Once again not hating, just hoped for more from all the glowing reports.
Better luck next time I hope.

Better luck next time I hope.

Yeah, don't give up yet!

Consider something may have spoiled your blotter, wrong roa, try another or different batch before assuming anything.

Be aware of the unknown response curve, higher doses definitely produce stronger effects, but the curve up them might be surprisngly sharp & might even be idiosyncratic, unquie to u. Be sure to take a min 10 day break, but I'd think twice about going from 1 to 4, I really would. If the curve is different to acid, that hit might surpass a hefty 300ug LSD dose, if you plan 4 X 150ug!

Fine building up by doing two next time, three in a month or two. But assuming one thing about 150ug & using it to QUADRUPLE the very next dose, well, you strole bravely in where I wouldn't dare to tread my man!

Do report it!

Yeah, don't give up yet!

Consider something may have spoiled your blotter, wrong roa, try another or different batch before assuming anything.

Be aware of the unknown response curve, higher doses definitely produce stronger effects, but the curve up them might be surprisngly sharp & might even be idiosyncratic, unquie to u. Be sure to take a min 10 day break, but I'd think twice about going from 1 to 4, I really would. If the curve is different to acid, that hit might surpass a hefty 300ug LSD dose, if you plan 4 X 150ug!

Fine building up by doing two next time, three in a month or two. But assuming one thing about 150ug & using it to QUADRUPLE the very next dose, well, you strole bravely in where I wouldn't dare to tread my man!

Do report it!

Thanks for the advice. Harm reduction wise you're absolutely right, I will take a more cautious approach with dosing. It will be a minimum of a month, more likely two before I have an opportunity for any self exploration. That's what makes it hard because I may just go with something familiar I have with known potency. Defiantly not giving up after one trail though. Blotter was held sl briefly to confirm tastelessness then swallowed without a drink. Something I failed to mention is, it's possible that I didn't get to experience the full nature of AL-LAD because at t+2:30 hrs. I proceeded with a combo of MDMA+MDA which was beautiful! but felt like just rolling though, no hint of a candyflip. A better question would be potency compared to LSD, which without the issue of stability I found at maybe 1/3 of LSD. The AL-LAD did travel very far to get to me, but I've personally never experienced any stability issues with LSD.

Thanks for the advice. Harm reduction wise you're absolutely right, I will take a more cautious approach with dosing. It will be a minimum of a month, more likely two before I have an opportunity for any self exploration. That's what makes it hard because I may just go with something familiar I have with known potency. Defiantly not giving up after one trail though. Blotter was held sl briefly to confirm tastelessness then swallowed without a drink. Something I failed to mention is, it's possible that I didn't get to experience the full nature of AL-LAD because at t+2:30 hrs. I proceeded with a combo of MDMA+MDA which was beautiful! but felt like just rolling though, no hint of a candyflip. A better question would be potency compared to LSD, which without the issue of stability I found at maybe 1/3 of LSD. The AL-LAD did travel very far to get to me, but I've personally never experienced any stability issues with LSD.

What effects did you get prior to dropping the MDMA/MDA?

I was planning on making an AL-LAD candyflip myself and was not sure if it would cancel anything out.

Thought it might be worth mentioning (for anyone on Mirtazapine), have been on Mirtazapine 45mg for almost two years, stopped taking it 48 hours before trying AL-LAD. Got it from as reputable a source as I can find online (lots of reviews/forum reports).

Tried one blotter first day. Absolutely nada. :(

Waited one more day (so another 24 hours Mirtazapine out of system), and took two blotters. Felt a bit warm all over, but absolutely nothing else. Very disappointed, but well aware that this may be the effect of Mirtazapine. Will try and come off it for a week before trying again.

Considering that mirtazapine has a half life of 40 hours with chronic use, it will take 6x40=240 hours=10 days for you to be able to trip fully assuming that there is no downregulation etc (there will be some minor ones).

I would be very cautious about abruptly discontinuing treatment to take recreational drugs, especially consider that psychedelics can worsen the effects of conditions mirtazapine is used to treat.

Mirtazapine blocks trips pretty good... i have taken 15mg to cancel/stop a trip successfully before. I have a friend who stops taking it for a couple days before tripping and then still needs a much higher dose than normal people.

I did an IM injection of 30mg MXE/50MG DPT (Very average dose for myself) at the +6:30 mark of my first AL-LAD trip of 300mics after being mostly disappointed with the substance. I got very little colours, no morphing objects, I felt very clear-headed the entire time and really felt near sober at that point and it was either do my favourite (DPT/MXE) and see if the AL-LAD would add a little bit to the experience or go to bed.

My expectations were blown clear out of the water. I've had that level of intensity before and it's very uncomfortable. Complete lack of time comprehension, and really, comprehension of everything. If it wasn't for previous times where I've overshot I would probably have been in full-blown panic mode. I laid down in my bed with music to veg out to some music and the sound was just so incredibly dysphoric despite being some of my favourite music. Everything was a hallucination. The folds in my bed covers looked like animals (Mostly pigs & dogs) that were running all over the place. If I shut my eyes I would instantly be pulled down into a hole and lose all rational thought and my interpretation of reality would get more and more skewed until I opened my eyes and could re-focus on what reality actually is. I spent the trip with my eyes mostly open, watching the world completely change and morph in front of my eyes, which I had mental control over to a point, it literally felt like I could manipulate reality which was the only enjoyable aspect of it, except for the fact that I couldn't keep together a contingent line of thought and everything was just nuts.

I know that it is rather ridiculous to combine psychedelics that way especially on your first time on a substance, and even then should have picked only MXE or DPT but I really felt sober at that point which made sense as I had read AL-LAD was generally 6-8 hours.

Overall I would be very cautious combining with AL-LAD, and give this specific one a vehement thumbs down. I personally probably won't bother with AL-LAD again as I got very little effects from what is considered a strong(er-ish) dose, and yet when I supplemented with others it kicked into hyperdrive. If it wasn't for the "Buy the ticket, take the ride" mentality you can develop from experience in psychedelia I would have been very frightened, as it was, I was just annoyed and waited for the effects to go away and stayed hydrated.

First time with AL-LAD. Took tester dose tonight, 75mic, at 11.50pm. Lay on bed, felt comfortable, could hear myself lightly snoring/grunting. Felt content, fell asleep quickly.

Had a nice dream.

Woke up at 3.00am. Felt quite perky. Had a look about the room, not much. Closed my eyes, very little. Decided to get up for a brew.

Sat here having a brew. Nice brew.

Summary so far: 75 mic has acted as a pleasant, short-acting sleep aid, whereupon I had a dream that I was dealing a technicoloured substance in a forest clearing.

I'll try 150 next time, but I've a feeling this is going to be another 4-aco-dmt experience, where bugger all happens, lol. =D

Edit: I had 500mg phenibut during the day. Thought I'd mention it, just in case it makes an difference. :)

Could someone verify that this is what I'd probs expect from 75mics?

Last edited:
Yea that seems to be right, it's now pretty much been proven that AL-LAD has a higher dosage than LSD

Lack of cross-tolerance with LSD? Lack of LSD-like synergy with Ketamine

I tried AL-LAD recently at 150mcg and found it to be quite pleasant. It was clearly very reminiscent of at least 100mcg of LSD-25, but I found it to be less kaleidoscopic. Unlike some other posters, I experienced less visual effects and the head trip was more fuzzy and disassociated, with less thought-merging and psychedelic ideation. The disassociation actually had a nice painkilling effect (I'm injured at the moment), but might have made it a little harder to interact and converse. It was, as some have mentioned, a little smoother and more easygoing than acid, with a little less muscle tension and anxiety. Decidedly euphoric. The comeup was a little more like abrupt steps of suddenly being higher, and the peak effects dropped off after a shorter amount of time.
Interesting notes:
There was far less cross-tolerance with LSD than I expected. I ate a couple hundred mics of LSD the next night, and tripped like I hadn't taken anything the night before! I am exceedingly intrigued by this, and will repeat the experiment near the end of the month.
AL-LAD did not have the same synergistic effect with ketamine that LSD does. Usually, when I do K on L, the effects are staggering. K causes an awesome augmentation of an acid trip, even at the tail end. This was not the case for AL-LAD. It felt a lot more like doing K on a clear head.

Hope these notes will be useful. I'll post again to confirm these findings next month once I've done this experiment again.

Recently did a ladyflip/alleyflip/whateveryoucallitflip with 150 mg MDMA and an initial 150 ug AL-LAD at an Ozric Tentacles concert. The MDMA had a bit of the upper hand, so I redosed with another 150 ug AL-LAD (within 60-90 minutes after the first AL-LAD dose). Definitely had a fantastic time. Nice visuals too. It seems that MDMA overpowers AL-LAD a little more than it does the same amount of LSD. As a matter of fact, I never feel that MDMA is really overpowering LSD in amounts of 150 ug and higher. 300 ug AL-LAD was marvelous in this combo.

mmm ozric tentacles while tripping sound fun!

but back om topic, did you takr the mdma first and then the allad? because dosing lsd after mdma has a similar effect, giving the flip more of an empathogenic tendency rather than a psycjedelic one...

I did 110mg mdma 3 hours after taking 150ug al-lad. The two peaked at the exact same time, seemed like perfect timing. Absolutely amazing.

mmm ozric tentacles while tripping sound fun!
Hell yeah ;)

but back om topic, did you takr the mdma first and then the allad? because dosing lsd after mdma has a similar effect, giving the flip more of an empathogenic tendency rather than a psycjedelic one...
I did. I took the AL-LAD at T+1 ish, just when the MDMA started to take effect. I always do this with LSD as well, to get into a comfort zone where it is almost impossible to feel bad or freak out. Sometimes the peaks do fall together and when they do it's utter bliss. I find it a nice mixture of empsychedelicness. I can imagine that it would be more psychedelic when taking the lysergics first, but I just never tried that, yet.

It's amazing me how different all these experience reports are, considering the fact that it was all sourced from the same person.

I've been to OZORA this summer and sitted some really nice people, trying 150mcg of AL-LAD for their first time.
It was sourced shortly before and stored under perfect conditions. One person (very used to psychedelics) was frightened to hell, having the strongest trip of her lifetime. She was a really experienced user but this was unexpectedly strong. Having a +4 experience and lost touch completely, forgot who she was and had to be caught to not bring herself into a dangerous situation. She was completely paralyzed having VERY strong hallucinations, experiencing death and rebirth several times. She reported that every trauma she ever experienced came into her mind immediately. Quite a ride for a psychedlic festival (one might say: That's the way it should be :D). I think from comparing it with LSD, it's about the same potency. The other subjects reported it to be like ~150-200 mcg of LSD - and they didn't think of shitty "street Acid".

Nevertheless, I'm convinced that it'd be nearly impossible to distinguish AL-LAD and LSD in a blind test.

The other trippers did all agree with Sasha: "Clearly one of the best materials ever".

Last edited:
I concur. I've sampled al-lad 3 times. Once at 225ug, 300ug, and 450ug. Every time has been phenomenal and groundbreaking. Truely priceless stuff.

I would also say that the dose response curve is about linear. 450ug is probably the most I would take. I felt safe the whole time, and could've handled more, but why try? I was more than content with the level of psychedelia. It's all there, in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.