View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
To celebrate Friday the 13th and having the day off from work I took a 150ug blotter about six hours ago. It seems to be tapering off now. It was an extremely relaxing +1/light +2 trip, and I was even yawning a lot and felt like I might pass out at a few points. It reminded me of the tiredness I'd get from LSA (the only other lysergamide I've tried). My mood keeps wavering between amused/giggly and strangely wistful, and my mind doesn't quite seem to know what to do with itself. But generally I've been in a positive mood all day.

There's another Friday the 13th exactly 13 weeks from now in December, it'll be the 2nd and last one in 2013. I just may celebrate this wonderful numerological convergence by taking two blotters that day. ;)

How it was in the visual department ?

OK, so the onset was *extremely* slow for me, with peak effects not taking place until past the fifth hour, but the material did yield the expected solid ++. It even touched on light +++ at times. I'm not fully recovered yet, but I will say that this compound feels extremely clean and smooth at this level (i.e. 150ug). All the important and cherished qualities that one expects from a good psychedelic were either there or on the verge of manifesting. Meanwhile, the body load is very minimal on this one. AL-LAD is really excellent material, I reckon. Will repeat.

How it was in the visual department ?

Very mild, I noticed some vague blues and lavenders where there should only have been white. A Hendrix song came on the radio (Born under a Bad Sign) and I closed my eyes for a while and saw sort of a faint tunnel going here and there. Otherwise not much going on. I think I need to take two next time :\

Funny thing is, that, just as with LSD, if you take less the experience tend to be more on the 'shitty' or kind-of-uncomfortable-side while on high(er) doses, you're just too engaged to really bother having thoughts about this one's being not as 'entertaining' as it could be.

If your anxious about a bad trip, you shouldn't trip at all, but for me it seems, that it's all about high dosing, i.e. 200µg+.

Thing is, i don't wanna say more means better 'quality' but a lesser possibility of experiencing mindfuck, if that makes sense somehow :?

I said that about anxiety & tripping & Transform ripped me w new one ;)

I'm a lightweight, pretty cautious about tripping & inclined to light trips with damned near zero tolerance & if I like 200ug you can be sure most other people would too. That is not "advice", just reportage. ALWAYS start low (half tab) with a new compound or if you're new to tripping or inclined to anxiety.

OK, so the onset was *extremely* slow for me, with peak effects not taking place until past the fifth hour, but the material did yield the expected solid ++. It even touched on light +++ at times. I'm not fully recovered yet, but I will say that this compound feels extremely clean and smooth at this level (i.e. 150ug). All the important and cherished qualities that one expects from a good psychedelic were either there or on the verge of manifesting. Meanwhile, the body load is very minimal on this one. AL-LAD is really excellent material, I reckon. Will repeat.

Interesting stuff huh?

I'm a lightweight, pretty cautious about tripping & inclined to light trips with damned near zero tolerance & if I like 200ug you can be sure most other people would too.

I'm pretty sensitive too, but with psychs i think with more going on (hence a higher dose) you have less to fear about (because you're just too engulfed). You'll find this conclusion very often troughout the forum, that especially low(er) dosed trips tend to be somewhat stressful (because of the sometimes simply terrible 'in-between-state').

But sometimes it's exactly such low doses which tend to be very nice to do something else than just lying around, being totally hammered while listening to music etc.; like watching a cool movie for example :)

Last edited:
indeed, i second that one is better off having something to do on low dose trips than just waiting about axiously to be swept away by a dose that just doesnt have that power.
probably why its also good to have someone around to sit with the first time, at least that way your fears are put to rest, and you ahve someone to talk to if you get bored ... :)

Exactly! God, i've seen, or literally 'consumed' some phantastic Stuff while on/or after a Psych. I dunno if i've found TRON: Legacy actually good while sober, but on a somewhat lowish dose of shrooms it was just as unbelievably as it was miraculously enchanting, and believe me when i'm saying i still remember exactly how great i felt troughout the whole time; and speaking of that, Battle Royale on low dosed LSD was in now way less captivating ;)

Coming back to topic i'd like to say, i'm happily counting the hours till i drop my 2nd ever dose of this one: 300µg finest Aladdin.

The 1st trial was, i already mentioned it somewhere here, at half the dose now planned and it was totally lame fun-wise yet strangely intense at some points; overall it was just not well planned and really nothing i wish to experience again.

So yeah, i'm really thrilled, especially since last weeks 300µg-Session with the absolutely lovely LSZ was oh-so damn phantastic <3

It's just too good to be true, having the luxurious possibility to test actual, i.e. 'real' analogues to a classic substance, which is not without reason THE N°1 psychedelic there is!

Last edited:
Indeed the "in-between-state" it's something really uncomfortable,being an anxiety prone person i can't stand 25C,for example,even at high-ish doses,i'm not sober,but not even totally gone...at first it's boring then the boredom becomes anxiety and restlesness.

...at first it's boring then the boredom becomes anxiety and restlesness.

That's exactly how it is!

Btw, i dunno if it's just me (regarding all the positive reports about Aladdin), but even after yesterdays second venture with 300µg of AL-LAD; positive headspace, perfect set/setting etc., simply said: everything's fine - i'm still not really convinced about it.

It for sure has something interesting about it, no question, but there's also a somewhat unexplainable, 'fractional' negative side to it, which is defo not present with LSZ or even the 'oh-so-sinister' ;) LSD itself.

So now, after testing both of 'em, i've found LSZ, even though it's still having it's very unique feeling to it, to be far closer to what LSD feels like, while AL-LAD has this somehow strange vibe, which is exactly as weird @300µg as it was @150µg...

Conclusion: 450µg next time =D

I'm usually not prone to become anxious during trips, i mean a bit of 'mindfuck' here and there is common i'd say, but with AL-LAD i sometimes feel the strong urge to just become 'normal' again and i just don't know why afterwards?

The positive thing is that AL-LAD, just as LSZ, feels exactly as smooth or better, natural, as LSD itself.

On a sidenote i think, besides my initial thoughts of it being a good mix-up, AL-LAD doesn't mix well with Methoxetamine.

Last edited:
300 ug's of Al-Lad was fairly positive, it wasn't nearly as intense as expected but still pretty crazy. It was a solo trip in the apartment, I finally had it to myself for the weekend. The trip was pretty good overall for me just hanging out. I did however get some funny feelings in my stomach, now these could just be related to my un-healthy eating the day before but then again IDK. I definitely didn't want to eat while on it which is something I found a little upsetting.

To be perfectly honest, I'm a tad bit skeptical as to weather this is real AL-LAD or not. The reports outlined in THIKAL just don't seem to quite add up in my opinion. I feel like 300 ug's should have been wayyy more intense, especially considering what Shulgin wrote about just 150 ug doses. Now I am aware that a blotter was sent off/tested and they assume its derived from some type of ergotamine but that's the only real conclusion that was drawn.

PS: My blots didn't glow like I thought they would under my black-light. No big deal just thought I'd mention it.

Last edited:
For me, 300 µg made me feel awful for the full 8 or so hours of the trip. I was tremoring like crazy the whole time and had a feeling of a toxin being in my body. The visuals were a bunch of small areas of lines somewhat similar to LSD but LSD is more one big area of lines instead of a bunch of small ones. With LSZ I got nausea for the first 3-4 hours and then smooth sailing thereafter. No tremors with one hit, minor tremors with two. No toxic feeling like with AL-LAD just the preliminary nausea.

Last time with LSZ I took 50 mg diphenhydramine about 3 hours in and the nausea disappeared completely but it was at the time when the nausea usually drops off anyway so it was hard to tell if it was the diphenhydramine or not. Next time I'll take it at the beginning and find out. Also, very little visuals at one hit, just a hint of them really. Not a bad feeling overall though, after the nausea. I still think I made the right move by buying 100 LSZ instead of AL-LAD. The initial nausea is really the only bad point and that may be treatable with diphenhydramine. I actually like the light visuals as opposed to being swept away in unreality anyway.

I've heard people mention that LSZ produces more nausea that AL-Lad which sounds pretty bad to me. I do want try the Z but I dont want to hurl when coming up

I've heard people mention that LSZ produces more nausea that AL-Lad which sounds pretty bad to me. I do want try the Z but I dont want to hurl when coming up

Yeah LSZ does produce nausea but only for the first few hours and if you take diphenhydramine it helps. AL-LAD didn't make me nauseous and had no real bad effects at one hit but two was very uncomfortable for me. It wasn't nausea so much as tremors and a general discomfort like my body was trying to resist a toxin. I was really glad when the effects finally wore off. One hit is a nice light and pretty much bodyload free trip though, with some minor visual disturbances. With LSZ I get nausea even with one hit but I only hurl if it's two.

You should remember that psychedelic drugs affect different people in markedly different ways. Jason7 asserts that all psychedelics give him nausea, and LSZ does particularly.
I haven't had nausea from aMT nor mescaline, which both are purported to produce nausea, and LSZ didn't give me nausea either

Maybe next time I'll try 1.5 blotters (225 UG's) to see if the nausea goes away. Had I smoked more grass the nausea probably wouldn't have been as bad. I usually burn like crazy on L but for some odd reason I didn't really feel the need like I normally do.

Like I said before I'm skeptical as to weather this is really AL-LAD or not. I'm not saying it's not really good I'm just still having a lot of trouble realistically matching this up with the reports in THIKAL.

Like I said before I'm skeptical as to weather this is really AL-LAD or not. I'm not saying it's not really good I'm just still having a lot of trouble realistically matching this up with the reports in THIKAL.
I think it matches up fine, it's just a lot less potent than Shulgin found it to be. And it wouldn't be the first time that the communities findings don't add 100% up to what's written in TIHKAL and PIHKAL.
And honestly, we have no way of knowing if these really contain 150 ug, it could be a lot less. Then again, the pure powder is for sale as well, and some one buying that would find out.....Yeah, well anyway, if it really is 150 ug per blotters I would say it's definitely a lot less potent than LSD. Maybe 1/3 the potency.
I totally get the people who say the right dose is 2-3 blotters. I've only tried eating one (3 times now, last one was this weekend) It's just a mellow dreamy floating kind of high, CEW are just around the corner so I'd like to take maybe 2 next time. Then again, I really enjoy it at this low dose. It's just completely non-complicated, pure enjoyment. No big revelations either though.

Very mild, I noticed some vague blues and lavenders where there should only have been white.

Precisely =D Lavender, blue, magenta. I find these colors to be the dominant color scheme of AL-LAD. Actually the completely same colors of allylescaline. A funny coincedence probably? Or maybe not.......Could it be something with that allyl group? A combo of allylescaline and AL-LAD could be interesting, I'm sure there would be a nice synergy :)

@ Jason-I am not sure why you continue to sound like someone who is in the business of dissuading people from taking both LSZ and AL-LAD. I know you do this here and on another forum. You throw these warnings out there as though it's the "norm", yet with few exceptions, most people's reports include some of the lowest/non-existent body load for ANY compound active at such low doses. I have taken over 600ug of both, more than once, and had virtually NO negative effects, physical or otherwise. That's just me. I just find it odd that you state, almost unequivocally, that "LSZ does this" or "AL-LAD does that", when you have had what appear to be anomalous experiences with both. I just, for the life of me, don't understand why a) you use these compounds that "make you feel poisoned" and b), why you offer info as thought it's true for EVERYONE. If everyone listened to you, and not the myriad glowing reports, they'd run as far away as they can. Now, maybe they should anyway, but dude, this who rap about how "poisonous" they are is getting old. Once more, you sound like your experience is the norm, and it is pretty clearly the exception. If I were you, I'd take up a different hobby than taking psychedelics as they obviously don't agree with you. You even admit that, yet you seem bent on finding ways around that fact. It's odd, because you sound like you've taken the role of the official "anti LSZ/AL-LAD guy", which is a tad bit odd, but that's just me. Just food for thought. If you have to have one counter measure after another just to try and not feel "toxic", there's clearly a problem.

@ Jason-I am not sure why you continue to sound like someone who is in the business of dissuading people from taking both LSZ and AL-LAD. I know you do this here and on another forum. You throw these warnings out there as though it's the "norm", yet with few exceptions, most people's reports include some of the lowest/non-existent body load for ANY compound active at such low doses. I have taken over 600ug of both, more than once, and had virtually NO negative effects, physical or otherwise. That's just me. I just find it odd that you state, almost unequivocally, that "LSZ does this" or "AL-LAD does that", when you have had what appear to be anomalous experiences with both. I just, for the life of me, don't understand why a) you use these compounds that "make you feel poisoned" and b), why you offer info as thought it's true for EVERYONE. If everyone listened to you, and not the myriad glowing reports, they'd run as far away as they can. Now, maybe they should anyway, but dude, this who rap about how "poisonous" they are is getting old. Once more, you sound like your experience is the norm, and it is pretty clearly the exception. If I were you, I'd take up a different hobby than taking psychedelics as they obviously don't agree with you. You even admit that, yet you seem bent on finding ways around that fact. It's odd, because you sound like you've taken the role of the official "anti LSZ/AL-LAD guy", which is a tad bit odd, but that's just me. Just food for thought. If you have to have one counter measure after another just to try and not feel "toxic", there's clearly a problem.

Maybe his blotters are bunk IDK, poisoned is definitely over-stating it.

Lavender, blue, magenta. I find these colors to be the dominant color scheme of AL-LAD. Actually the completely same colors of allylescaline. A funny coincedence probably? Or maybe not.......Could it be something with that allyl group? A combo of allylescaline and AL-LAD could be interesting, I'm sure there would be a nice synergy :)

Actually, on allylescaline I mainly saw oranges, yellows, and lime greens. I think we need a few more data points... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.