The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, AL-LAD blotters stored:

* for ~two months
* in darkness
* in a hermetically sealed jar with a bag of dessicant thrown in
* at room temperature

didn't exhibit any loss of potency, subjectively speaking.

In the spirit of sharing bits of research data ;) I will add that AL-LAD does seem to establish rather strong tolerance, IME. Two trips with 600mcg spaced a week apart produced markedly different experiences - the latter trip felt as if the dose was reduced by half.

This surprised me somewhat, as a week is generally enough to pretty much reset my tolerance when it comes to LSD (obviously, not taking the "childlike wonder factor" into account - we're probably talking something like two months to reset that "tolerance" :)).

* for ~two months
* in darkness
* at room temperature

In the spirit of sharing bits of research data ;) I will add that AL-LAD does seem to establish rather strong tolerance, IME. Two trips with 600mcg spaced a week apart produced markedly different experiences - the latter trip felt as if the dose was reduced by half.

This surprised me somewhat, as a week is generally enough to pretty much reset my tolerance when it comes to LSD (obviously, not taking the "childlike wonder factor" into account - we're probably talking something like two months to reset that "tolerance" :)).

25 mg of psilacetin taken the day after a 300 µg AL-LAD trip were found to be active and extremely pleasant, although probably not as strong as 25 mg without any cross-tolerance.

I ordered my first 3 tabs just as a heat wave was beginning. They arrived in one week and waited more than a week at my apartment for the heat wave to end (no way am I tripping in that kind of weather). Temperatures outside were about °40C inside 5 to 10 less. Worked fine.

Good news! Thanks for that! :)

* for ~two months
* in darkness
* at room temperature

Again, good news, nice one!

25 mg of psilacetin taken the day after a 300 µg AL-LAD trip were found to be active and extremely pleasant, although probably not as strong as 25 mg without any cross-tolerance.

Interesting. 3 days (ALLAD on thurs -> sun) and 45mg psilocin + 150ug lsz produced minimal effects, everything was amazingly vivid and colourful but absolutely 0 psychedelia, nothing really happened on nos on that combo either

Interesting. 3 days (ALLAD on thurs -> sun) and 45mg psilocin + 150ug lsz produced minimal effects, everything was amazingly vivid and colourful but absolutely 0 psychedelia, nothing really happened on nos on that combo either

I've found that 4-AcO-DMT (and I would guess Psilocin too) really loses any kind of punch if you have a tolerance, no matter what the dose is. In fact, when I took it with significant tolerance in a massive dose all it did was give me a heavy body high and make me sleepy a couple of hours later (no psychedelia, minimal visual effects). I would guess Psilocin is the same, but maybe more stimulating.

Didn't know where to post this - here or in the lsz thread - anyone ever combined them? What was that like?

Stuff is great concert material.. I had a blast. Might prefer it to L for live events to be honest. Ended taking around 175 mikes, felt about equal to LSD dosage.

Is the molecule very unstable ? Can i store a few blotters in a dark place at room temperature for 4 or 5 months ?

Is the molecule very unstable ? Can i store a few blotters in a dark place at room temperature for 4 or 5 months ?

Please return in 4 or 5 months & let us know ;)

The jury is still out at the moment, might be fine!

tl;dr - Read the last line.

So I've tripped about 3 times on this stuff. 150ug per trip. Properly spaced out, of course.

Anyway, last trip was the most intense. I was listening to music (shpongle+ott) and actually became one with the music, felt my body lifting out of itself, etc.

HOWEVER, the visuals were next to nonexistent. NO CEV's, very few OEV's (mostly visual disturbances/sparkles in my peripheries). Walls breathing, but thats about it.

I've only ever done shrooms (light doses 3x before... didn't like the headspace at ALL), and even at 2g's I had more "visual" effects than this.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the trip. No body load, no bad vibes, just smooth sailing. Mental clarity and a rush of intricate thoughts.

I take about 2mg clonazepam daily (physically addicted). Could this be what's killing my "visual" aspect of the trip experience? Next time I plan on dropping twice as much.

tl;dr - Read the last line.

So I've tripped about 3 times on this stuff. 150ug per trip. Properly spaced out, of course.

Anyway, last trip was the most intense. I was listening to music (shpongle+ott) and actually became one with the music, felt my body lifting out of itself, etc.

HOWEVER, the visuals were next to nonexistent. NO CEV's, very few OEV's (mostly visual disturbances/sparkles in my peripheries). Walls breathing, but thats about it.

I've only ever done shrooms (light doses 3x before... didn't like the headspace at ALL), and even at 2g's I had more "visual" effects than this.

Dont get me wrong, I loved the trip. No body load, no bad vibes, just smooth sailing. Mental clarity and a rush of intricate thoughts.

I take about 2mg clonazepam daily (physically addicted). Could this be what's killing my "visual" aspect of the trip experience? Next time I plan on dropping twice as much.

I did not get a ton of visuals when I took about 175 milligrams and was in a very stimulatory environment. They were there, but nothing major. This was at an electronic music festival. Lights looked great, and I had some very familiar visuals consistent with a low dose/concert dose of LSD.

Benzos will smooth it out and kill some aspects. However, if you build up a tolerance I would expect it to be less of an effect.
I am not trying to get super spun in a public setting anyways so it was about perfect. I do not like mushrooms at all so it was a decent trade. Recently acquired some MDA and will try a combo at some point. That should be pretty damn visual lol.

Is the tolerance for AL LAD as well as LSZ longer lasting that 1 week normally associated with most psyches?

i would say a minimum of two weeks but myself would wait at least four weeks but that is only my opinion and i am quite old now

Disregard my previous post. Sorry if this seems like a blog post, just sharing my experience in the thread regarding the substance.

Dosed 337.5ug 4 days after my 150 ug experience (stupid, I know... but my schedule basically meant that I could only dose on that day, or not dose at all for several months).

I finally know what people mean when they mean "exponential effects" of psy's.

2 1/4 tabs were exponentially more visual/mindfuck than 1 tab. Even with a tolerance.

Noticeable vasoconstriction. Arms were almost entirely numb, not unlike when I take Sumitriptan for migraines. Full-blown OEV's as well as CEV's. Strangely, the OEV's were more pronounced than the CEV's. Fractals everywhere, walls melting, flashes of light in my visual field, mirrors, etc.

I was able to speak and communicate well enough, but I think others could tell my mind was somewhere else. 75% lucidity I'd say.

[EDIT]: If it weren't for the "acid eyes", I guarantee I would be able to walk around in public without anyone noticing. However, my pupils were the biggest I've ever seen them. Even more than MDMA or high dose amp's. Didn't think that was possible.

HOWEVER, at around the 4 hour mark the psychedelia began to fade rapidly. I was still "out of my head" for 8 hours, but at 4 hours the visuals dimished greatly. I dosed after fasting for 12 hours or so, not sure if that had an effect. The strongest effects were between the 1-3 hour mark.

Very solid compound IMO. Although I've never tasted it's older brother, so I'm not exactly an expert on the matter.

First TRUE psych. experience. LOVED it. Some very intriguing insight was gained, not as "raw" or scary as the insight from my pitiful 2g mushroom dose. Positive vibes throughout.

[EDIT 2]: Also, I began to experience some signs of hyperthermia at around the 2 hour mark. Didn't take my temp as I was unable to find my thermometer. Heart rate was between 80-100 BPM throughout the trip.

Took 750mg of acetaminophen and it wasn't an issue for the rest of the trip. Hope this helps someone out there.

Last edited:
I tried making a nice overview of trip reports on AL-LAD considering the growing popularity of this drug and the expected curiosity a lot of people have. Please post if you find nice reports or worthy summaries anywhere and I will add them. :)

AL-LAD
150mg blotters
Dose 225 mg

Dosed with my usuall trip buddy aswell as 2 other freinds 1 who was drunk and stoned the other just stoned.
Sometime between 6 and 7 We both took a tab and a half held under the tounge for a few mins then swallowed there was no noticeable taste to the tabs unlike nbomes that leave a metallic film in your mouth.

To pass time we had a small line mabey 30 ish mg of Ethypenidate as I had read comeup was quite slow. Although it was only around 10 mins until that feeling where you know youve ingested a psychedelic substance began around the 30 to 45 mins untill first effects kicked in.

Unlike Lsd I didn't really get the giggles although I did get to the point where your cheeks hurt from smileing so much.

No real body load but there was a strange tingle noticed at points it felt quite itchy.

Visualls peaked at around 4 hours. No real push felt the onset was very gradual. I had a few memorable visuals the room filled with green and then red smoke at 1 point, and the other was like my head was incased in a beautiful mesh bubble constantly morphing.

The mind fuck is definitely there I had a few moments where I had got myself stuck in negative thoughts but nothing you can't get a grip of and turn it around. I had gone upstairs to pee and upon returning downstairs to the conversation I was unable to follow what was being said somebody was telling me I was present at whatever it was he was talking about and all I could think was that I was being set up like on a derren brown program I had convinced myslelf that I had figured out thair little plot. It was a bit of a crazy moment.

On the start of the downside we ventured into the garden for a joint then returned inside for a couple of bags on the volcano very nice indeed.

Around the 3 hour mark I ventured to the toilet but was unable to pee 2 hours later I tried again and finally the flood gates opened.

I didn't bother with an Etizolam before geting into bed around 1 sleep was achieved by 4am

Going to try 300 - 450 ug next time.

Thanks, please provide a title for the report and let us know your experience level (first time / some experience / moderate experience / very experienced) if you want it to be submitted in the Trip Reports section. If not we will just keep it here and say that it is too short to be a real report.

I updated the OP to pool together a lot of handy info on it. :) Hope this helps...

Was just wondering if the methallyl analogue was ever conceived? Hmmm.. MAL-LAD.. could be sexy

Last edited:
This stuff is MAGICAL!

Posted a report in the trip reports forum but i posted it before i decided to smoke some psilocin freebase on the comedown, had a full ++++, merged with the universe. The mix of psilocin + AL-LAD was much better than with LSD... overall i'd say i prefer AL-LAD.

It was only a quick report as I have never really written 1 before and Im stuck on my phone atm. I could do it up a bit and go into a few more details. And I have had my fair share of chems over the years. But this 1 is adefinate keeper.

You know what? I'll just come out with the rest of you guys and admit this compound is simply better than LSD. Not greatly, but it is a definite improvement.

I know LSD-25 will always have its aficionados, but IMHO that is simply due to the fact that it was once made illegal. If librium (the first benzo) had been made illegal soon after its discovery, and valium had been discovered by underground researchers, I'm sure many would still prefer librium.

McKenna liked to make the analogy between a drug profile and a hotel room, explaining that in a sense the very history of human use of a specific drug is PART of the drug. I think the quote is:
Ketamine is like visiting a new office building. No one has rented office space yet, but all the water coolers still work.
Hallucinogens are like hotel rooms, some are occupied and some are not. It's always interesting to fiddle with the
unoccupied ones, because it's an empty field. One way of thinking about these things is that when you take a plant, the
plant takes you. In terms of mushrooms, what the trip is is all the mushroom trips that anybody has ever had. You make
a little contribution, you leave little piece of your trip in the trip and the trip is slowly evolving over time. Some
hallucinogens are very recent additions to the domain of human experimentation. There is no archaeological evidence of
peyote use more than 500 years ago. Ibogaine has no evidence of any use before 1850. Salvia divinorum has been
known for no more than 500 years. With the LSA compounds in morning glory and hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, no
civilization is known to have indulged in their visions.

Anyway, this is the explanation why there will always be people to prefer LSD and trash AL-LAD, even though in my opinion, AL-LAD is superior.

Status
Not open for further replies.