Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on!

Then perhaps 150ug and 300ug sounds best. Should I ever succumb to my desires again, I will likely go for a 300ug.

150ug and 300ug would be ideal for the purposes of my project. On the other hand, I'm concerned that those dosages might be a bit low and a bit high (for my pleasure), hence me considering ~188ug and ~262ug. Do you know if cutting blotter -- in this case, one -- will result in some wasted material?

Depends on the way they saturate the blotter. There are micro-pipette machines that are very precise, and otherwise there's the individual dropper, or the sheet saturation. It'll be close enough. lol

But that's the purpose of the experiment, right? To see what the differences in dosage do? If you don't have much of a spread, you may not have a good indication of differences -- also -- make sure you give yoruself a few weeks (I'd do 3, based on my own body's ability to get back to baseline).

150ug and 300ug would be ideal for the purposes of my project. On the other hand, I'm concerned that those dosages might be a bit low and a bit high (for my pleasure), hence me considering ~188ug and ~262ug. Do you know if cutting blotter -- in this case, one -- will result in some wasted material?

Only if you use a wood saw.

Lol Just lay them on your kitchen counter & hack blindly at them with your largest kitchen knife!

I'd halve the blotters, now you got 6 x 75ug. I'd do three of them to start with, & if that ain't enough, add another half when ready. I suspect 3 x 75ug in one dose will be a nice hit.

There are micro-pipette machines that are very precise, and otherwise there's the individual dropper, or the sheet saturation.

These have been saturated, apparently! Should be very even & in my three or four experiences so far, that is born out...

Last edited:
Yes, that's why I said that 150ug and 300ug would be ideal for the purposes of the project, JAG. Nevertheless, there should be a significant difference between ~188ug and ~262ug, albeit less drastic than that between 150ug and 300ug. I'll think about it, but you're correct, and there is a fair chance that I'll simply go for 150ug and 300ug. Anyway, if I had purchased five blotters, my tests would have been 75ug, 150ug, 225ug and 300ug, as that would have been more in line with the project. Thanks to Si Ingwe and Jason7, btw. Don't worry about the wood saw though...

buy three more & we'll start all over again! ;)

I'm a light-weight & proud of it, & I'd say 75ug is too small a dose to test for a grown adult experienced with psyches. 3/4 of a tab is a minimum in my opinion, threshold for psychedelic effects, in my experience about 100ug. I could feel about 50ug but it was barely beyond placebo. I got nothing from a quarter tab with zero psychedelic tolerance. So, 37.5ug or close to it was inactive for a sensitive, tolerance free, 50kg lightweight.

You plan to allergy test? use 10 or 15ug if possible, a teeny corner. Any recent use of LSD would probably negate the need for allergy test but I'd still recomend it.

Thanks. It will take time though... I've been at it for almost two years and I still have another three or four to go! Anyhow, after I'm done, I'll share the results on a PDF.

EDIT: Thank you for the input, Si Ingwe. I was going to get five, but my source ran out of those, hence me getting only three. I'm actually lucky because that company's AL-LAD completely sold out the day after my order was shipped, and they have no plans to restock it due to legal concerns! There's another good company that sells AL-LAD -- the place that properly introduced the material to the "general" market, I think -- but I have no access to that site. That's too bad because it appears to be the same batch, even.

Last edited:
look forward to it.

... & also to hearing from anyone who has stored their tabs successfully for a month or two without going through all this extreme oxygen depriving, deep freezing malarky...

I'd definitely do 150 ug and 300 ug. Don't let my 300 ug story put you off, I just expected it to be weaker, about twice my 150 ug experience, but it was more like 4 times my 150 ug experience. But that's just 2 experiences from only 1 person under certain circumstances.

About storing: at my 2nd time with 300 ug I had the tabs for exactly 6 weeks. I have them stored in their original baggy, wrapped in tin foil, in the freezer. No signs of any degradation yet (fingers crossed).

Maybe it's the meds I've been taking since the first time (Terbinafine, I've noticed some opioids seem slightly potentiated by this). Maybe it's just set/setting (although I don't think it is in this case).

Terbinafine partly blocks the enzyme CYP2D6 which is very important for metabolism of drugs. In my personal experience it even affects metabolism of caffeine, making it last longer and raises the intensity - to the point where i got really bad shivers, very uncomfortable. For that reason I have avoided combination of terbinafine on the same day with other drugs, so i can't comment on possible other interactions first hand, but they are there for sure.

About storing: at my 2nd time with 300 ug I had the tabs for exactly 6 weeks. I have them stored in their original baggy, wrapped in tin foil, in the freezer. No signs of any degradation yet (fingers crossed).

I'm not expecting any degradation under those conditions & after such a short time. I'm looking for someone who's bought Al like 3 months ago, chucked the baggie into a room temperatre box & tried them recently. If anyone has done this, it would illustrate nicely if solid Al-Lad degrades quicker than LSD.

Terbinafine partly blocks the enzyme CYP2D6 which is very important for metabolism of drugs. In my personal experience it even affects metabolism of caffeine, making it last longer and raises the intensity - to the point where i got really bad shivers, very uncomfortable. For that reason I have avoided combination of terbinafine on the same day with other drugs, so i can't comment on possible other interactions first hand, but they are there for sure.

Thanks for this info. I knew Terbinafine inhibits CYP2D6, but to what end and which drugs it affects I don't know much about. But it seems a lot more likely now that it made the AL-LAD trip stronger. I know first hand that it potentiates DHC, Kratom, Gabapentin and now that you mention it, yes, caffeine as well. Not alcohol though. Wikipedia mentions that this enzyme metabolizes several endogenous substances such as hydroxytryptamines and neurosteroids. So I think it's safe to say that you can colour my 300 ug AL-LAD experience coloured :) ...so I will have to do it again when I'm off the Terbi. Unfortunately it is a course of daily use for a while to come, that I have to finish. This stuff also has a major impact on the liver, I'll have to have my ASAT and ALAT (no pun intended!) values in my blood checked later this week. If it wasn't such a nasty med, I could have used it as a potentiator for a lot of things apparently...

I'm not expecting any degradation under those conditions & after such a short time. I'm looking for someone who's bought Al like 3 months ago, chucked the baggie into a room temperatre box & tried them recently. If anyone has done this, it would illustrate nicely if solid Al-Lad degrades quicker than LSD.

Me neither. In fact, I think under the conditions I have them in, they will keep for years to come. I'm also curious though about your degradation inquiry. I'm reluctant to believe some of the dramatized instability stories that have been going around; I suspect the degradation ratio is quite comparable to that of LSD. Having said that, I'm not willing to get a tab out of the freezer and put it in a room temp box yet, but that is because I only have 7 left. :)

I'll get back to yous in a few weeks. I've stored LSD blotter ( by forgetfulness) on a shelf for 5 years and it still worked OK.

I put some dose of LSD in an Record Album cover and forgot about it.. The room I keep my music in never really got above 80 degrees mostly 50 to 75.. Ten years later I found them... They worked just fine.. They where tinfoil wrapped and in a baggie..

I'm personally just gonna vacuum seal these, then toss some foil around it to keep the light off and put it somewhere at room temp.

look forward to it.

... & also to hearing from anyone who has stored their tabs successfully for a month or two without going through all this extreme oxygen depriving, deep freezing malarky...

I ordered my first 3 tabs just as a heat wave was beginning. They arrived in one week and waited more than a week at my apartment for the heat wave to end (no way am I tripping in that kind of weather). Temperatures outside were about °40C inside 5 to 10 less. Worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.