View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy AL-LAD Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boosting or supplementing works fine. Be careful not to overdo it coz you're battling tolerance with each dose & it kinda sneaks up on you anyway. Keep an eye on what you're doing & you'll be fine.

I have heard of a 2c being added to the Al to excellent effect but I have no experience of such...

Right that is what I was wondering... Will the initial dose negate any further doses... I do remember to sorta be able to boost and supplement LSD trips.

Might end up going with the 2c instead. Who knows. Hell maybe 150 will be enough, my main concern is coming down to early.

Another question, how are most people taking this? I tend to take LSD by leaving it on the tongue for awhile and then swallowing it.

Last edited:
Anyone have any experience with booster doses? For example taking a 150 ug blotter, then maybe two hours later taking another 25-50 milligrams (if the 150 is not enough)...

Also wondering if anyone has added small doses of a 2C chemical, I am thinking something like 10 milligrams of 2c-b or 20 mgs of 2c-c a few hours into the trip...

I did 300ug buccal then chewed subbed, swallowed the blots. Once the AL LAD started to take effect , I nasal dripped 6mg of 2c-t-2. This sent the visual aspect to an intense experience, really didn't expect that much from the 6mg of T2, and was it ever nice. I have yet to try AL LAD with other Phens, but look forward to T7, NBOME as well as MAL.

Has anybody tried other ROAs with AL-LAD? Any guesses about improvements in potency? From this paper:
Papac and Foltz (Papac and Foltz 1990) reported that 1 μg/kg oral LSD given to a single male volunteer had an apparent plasma half-life of 5.1 h with a peak plasm a concentration of 1.9 ng/ml at 3 h post-dose. Comparison of this study with the earlier
intravenous one indicates that LSD is well absorbed with a bioavailability that may be around 70%.
I know the common drug culture wisdom asserts IVing LSD is stupid and makes no difference, but, well, the only proper data I've seen indicates that's unfounded hooey. I think I recall talk of AL-LAD being more fragile than LSD. I not sure what this is based on, but my intuition is that a more delicate molecule would tend towards greater potency increases going to ROAs that bypass first pass metabolism than less delicate ones. Given the cost of AL-LAD and how many people are working with smallish quantities because it's their first purchase it may be worth soaking blotters in water and injecting or plugging the water (then swallowing the remainder). I'm not sure how noticeable the increase would be but it would undoubtedly be some improvement.

Last edited:
After trying LSZ I have to say I liked it better than AL. AL gave me a few uncomfortable side effects and less visuals.
Both are still really great though.

The dose response time is interesting, some report it take several hours to take effect. Others have suggested that it only takes about 45 to an hour (which would be consistent with LSD). I am wondering if taking it via the buccal method delays the effect?

After trying LSZ I have to say I liked it better than AL. AL gave me a few uncomfortable side effects and less visuals.
Both are still really great though.

Interesting, I should have both. From the small amount I read, LSZ tends to be deeper? Did you find this?

Also wonder how combining the two would go.

^Well, I kept it under my tongue for about 15mn then swallowed the rest and it took a good 3-4 hours to come into effect - I've heard of other people taking it via the same ROA and feeling it under an hour :?

^Well, I kept it under my tongue for about 15mn then swallowed the rest and it took a good 3-4 hours to come into effect - I've heard of other people taking it via the same ROA and feeling it under an hour :?

Are we talking first alerts at 3 hours or full effects?

My own research shows that it takes 2-3 hours to reach its potential. Peaked around 3 hours and after five began to subside.

In terms of time + effects...
First alerts about 30 minutes in,
between 50 & 1h15 I really start to come-up
1h-3h is peak
3h-5h is like a plateau a little lower than peak, less intense
5h-7h is minimal visually, still a fair bit of psychedelia but definitely coming down very gradually like it's almost unnoticeable.

So I just trawled through this thread looking for comments on the relative potency of al-lad compared to LSD. I couldn't really find a conclusive answer. TiHKAL wasn't really much help either.

Can anyone comment on how a 150μg dose compares to 100μg of LSD? Is 150μg enough for a mild-moderate +++? My last psychedelic experience was with 500μg of 25c-NBOMe about 5 weeks ago and I haven't taken an indole in about 3 months. So my tolerance will be low.

Me and a friend took a 150 microgram tab each before heading out to a club where we planned to roll. both of us felt that the dosage was not enough to break thru, felt sort of uncomfortable, though less mindfuck than acid. Also less visual than I think one tab of acid would have been. I think two would have been a good dosage. It definitely felt less visual than a similar dosage of acid.

I did have some interesting thoughts about harmony and vibrations and energy that I attribute to the al-lad. I have a few more tabs that I'll probably try either two or three by myself or possibly combine one with some mxe.

^ Did you have much drug tolerance at the time? How often do you take MDMA? And other psychedelic use in the preceding weeks?

well for me 1 tab was +++ while a similar dose of LSD would probably get me a ++. i couldnt imagine going out on 3 tabs of lsd, but neither on 2 tabs of al-lad. then again some lsd blotter is weaker than others....
but these things are quite unsure, seeing as though the ug measurements for lsd are all subjective... heck, even with the al-lad there is no guarrantee that what you get ona blotter is exactly 150ug (unless you did the measurements yoursel with high precision instruments).
so, how can one be sure how much lsd 1 tab has? even after eating a lot all your life, one is still subjective in this appreciation as all expereinces depend more or less on set and setting as well as tolerance...

Last thursday, about 4 weeks after my first experience with AL-LAD, I tried it for the second time. Due to the first one @ 150 ug being slightly underwhelming, I took 300 ug this time in precisely the same way (10 minutes SL, then swallowing the 2 midget stamps on an empty stomach).
Within 20 minutes I already felt the first signs, much faster than the first time. Things started to feel increasingly difficult.
At T+1 I had reached the peak, which was a lot stronger than I had anticipated. It was this lowered anticipation that made the whole experience a little bit difficult. My own fault to have put my mind in this set. It's a good thing that this material is so benign and forgiving; was it to be LSD I would probably have spiralled into a pretty bad trip. Benzos were at hand, but I decided against taking them: it wasn't THAT bad.
The peak was a very strong +3: perception of time wasn't altered, but time just completely seized to exist, as did space. OEV's and CEV's were inevitably in-my-face, all over. The character of the peak was serious as opposed to the joyful one in my first encounter, because of the unexpected strength. Much introspection and headfucks. Now that this compound was in full force, the difference with LSD seemed a lot less. Still, not much of a bodyload, even the GI discomfort I had the first time around wasn't really there now. There where my first encounter was a 'mild ride', this was definitely more along the lines of a 'wild rodeo inside a rollercoaster ride'.
The peak lasted from T+1 to T+3. Coincidentally in this time frame the song All Along The Watchtower also came along (I just saw it mentioned here, I was listening to Electric Ladyland, which is a trip in itself, followed by Hendrix @ Woodstock, which is as 'acidic' as guitar playing gets).
After the peak there was some sort of plateau that lasted for 2 or 3 hours. This was more fun, more controllable and a few laughs were to be had.
At the end of this I smoked a little MJ a couple of times to try and bring some of the visuals back. At T+8 the predominant feeling got erotic. At T+9.5 I fell asleep. The next day I felt great (again), not drained, no hangover, even though the trip was strong. I had enough energy to do some planned activities.

My 150 ug AL-LAD experience resembled an approximate 75 ug LSD experience. This 300 ug experience seemed to parallel a 300+ ug acid trip.
I'm not sure why this is or if anybody here feels similar about this altogether. Maybe AL-LAD has a higher threshold than LSD and/or a slightly different dose-response curve. Maybe these particular AL-LAD sheets aren't laid very evenly. Maybe it's the meds I've been taking since the first time (Terbinafine, I've noticed some opioids seem slightly potentiated by this). Maybe it's just set/setting (although I don't think it is in this case).

Comparison with LSD visuals:
The AL-LAD visuals were softer, rounder, more vague. Patterns from my monitor flowed more into the world/complete field of vision (radiation/shimmers/waves/ripples). A lot of morphing and warping and breathing was going on, about the same as with acid. Colours were a lot of rose, violet and pastel green.

Advantages of AL-LAD over LSD:
- Shorter duration
- Possibility of sleeping well, afterwards
- Cleaner, no hangover and great afterglow

Advantages of LSD over AL-LAD:
- Longer duration
- The 'sinistry', the mischief
- More depth

It is hard to choose a favourite. They each have their own character, I would choose one depending on what I would want to accomplish. I mean, I really like the depth and mischief of LSD. But those advantages of AL-LAD are to be reckoned with. I might favour those in the end.
Anyway, in two weeks time I'll be taking 150 ug again, this time at a concert.

I should receive my AL-LAD blotters this week. I purchased only three. I plan to conduct three tests: 75ug, 150ug and 225ug. I expect at least a solid ++ with 150ug and a rather strong +++ with 225ug. However, I have no idea of what to expect from 75ug. Will such a low dose yield anything useful, like a mild ++ perhaps? My alternative plan is to conduct only two tests -- 150ug and 300ug -- but I would rather not...

Using 75µg is a waste of material (tried it). Even after redosing the other half it was rather underwhelming.

Thanks for the input. I guess that I'll have to go for only two trials. Maybe I'll try ~188ug and ~262ug, rather than 150ug and 300ug. By the way, did you administer the dose(s) sublingually or orally (i.e. swallowed)? I ask because the consensus seems to be moving toward oral ROA being more effective than sublingual.

I read that report a few weeks ago. Thanks.

The "problem" with your idea is that I'm doing a project that requires testing various psychedelics at different dosages. This involves objective TR's, spreadsheets, summary observations, etc. I must bio-assay AL-LAD at least twice, and at different dosages...

Status
Not open for further replies.