• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants smoking shake and bake

dopeboy615

Greenlighter
what is the best way to do shake and bake besides IV. smokin or snort or i actually heard swallowing it works

please forgive my ignorance here, but what is 'shake & bake'? i am going to assume that youre NOT talking about the Kraft foods crumbled bread topping 'shake and bake' .... (lol..at least i hope not! 8o )

shake and bake meth, i snorted some eariler and it was alright but I really wanna see what people's input on it for smoking it off aluminum foil, cause i got a little left and that is what I want to try to do with

actually i think i want to go smoke what i have left out of a light bulb. but i would really appreicate it if someone could answer real fast to let me know if that is something you should just do with crystal or if its fine to do with shake and bake because i dont want to waste it....but if no response soon im just gonna go ahead and do it so please someone soon....

shake and bake meth, i snorted some eariler and it was alright but I really wanna see what people's input on it for smoking it off aluminum foil, cause i got a little left and that is what I want to try to do with

Look, I completely understand you want to get the most out of it, but don't smoke shake n bake meth. Think about it. Intranasal (snorting) is just as good.

SNORT IT.

The bioavailability of intranasal and smoked methamphetamine.
Harris DS, Boxenbaum H, Everhart ET, Sequeira G, Mendelson JE, Jones RT.
Source
Drug Dependence Research Center, Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143-0984, USA.
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Patients in harm-reduction treatment programs are switching from intravenous to other routes of methamphetamine (INN, metamfetamine) administration to avoid risks associated with needle use. Relatively little has been reported about the bioavailability of methamphetamine when smoked or used intranasally.
METHODS:
Eight experienced methamphetamine users were administered smoked or intranasal methamphetamine concurrently with an intravenous dose of deuterium-labeled methamphetamine. Plasma and urine concentrations were measured for calculation of bioavailability and other pharmacokinetic parameters by noncompartmental methods.
RESULTS:
Methamphetamine was well absorbed after smoking or intranasal administration, with bioavailabilities of 79% after intranasal administration and 67% of the estimated delivered dose or 37.4% of the absolute (pipe) dose after smoking. Maximum methamphetamine concentrations occurred at 2.7 and 2.5 hours after intranasal and smoked doses. The elimination half-life was similar for intravenous (11.4 hours), intranasal (10.7 hours), and smoked (10.7 hours) methamphetamine. Clearance (272 mL x h(-1) x kg(-1)), steady-state volume of distribution (4.2 L/kg), and mean residence time (16 hours) of the intravenous dose were similar to previously reported values. Dextroamphetamine (INN, dexamfetamine) half-life (all routes) was 16.2 hours. Methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine renal clearances (all routes) were about 100 and 1100 mL x h(-1) x kg(-1), respectively.
CONCLUSIONS:
Intranasal and smoked methamphetamine are well absorbed. Although intranasal or smoked routes may decrease the risk of transmission of blood-borne diseases, exposure to methamphetamine and the possibility of drug-related complications remain substantial.

Considering it seems like you're not very experienced with crystal meth, I'd say snort it. If you don't know how to properly smoke it you can waste a lot of it, also it always seemed to me that smoking out of a lightbulb was really wasteful...

Never inject shake n bake...EVER! Hell you really shouldn't even be using shake n bake to be honest, but if you have to, never inject it!

Shake and bake, dramatically more so than other recipes of meth, will have much more of the chemicals used to make it left in the final product. I'm sure I don't have to warn you that injecting Lye, Ammonium, Acetone, and Hydrochloric Acid will kill you.

Smoking shake-n-bake is possibly the most dangerous method of ingestion.

As it likely has leftover reactants in the final product (specifically Iodic acid... the most potent mineral acid), exposing your entire respiratory tract to this chemical could have detrimental effects, especially if exposed repeatedly over a long period of time.

Remember Krokodil? Same idea. Different drug, but same reactants. Not something you'd want to ingest intentionally.

The least you could do would be to run some simple chemical extractions to help purify the product.

Be sure you water wash the freebase several times before turning to HCL salt. Then wash the HCL salt with anhydrous acetone to remove impurities, and discard the dirty acetone. Then dissolve the HCL salt in anhydrous alcohol, and recrystallize it (evaporate the alcohol) after discarding the insolubles.

Also, I think substituting automatic transmission fluid (a very high flash point nonpolar solvent) for xylene/coleman/whatever should make the shake and bake method much safer. Dare I even say safe if properly ventilated? ATF does not sustain a flame until heated past 400F, so if the lithium catches sparks it shouldn't make a fire.

I'd be interested if someone who does S&B could try a batch with ATF to confirm my theory and make sure the reaction still works well. S&B explosions are some of the worst publicity for drugs at this point, and if simply changing solvents could take most of the danger out of it, this would really help our community.

<rant>
And for fuck sake, take your meth orally and weigh the doses, and keep a dosing plan and stick to it. Smoking, snorting and eyeballing are the paths to hell :X

Despite all the myths and fearmongering, meth can be used perfectly safely if you treat it with the respect it deserves, use low oral doses, and you don't go chasing that peak high constantly. It is a dangerous drug, but the dose makes the poison, and the RoA makes the addiction.
</rant>

Last edited:
Yeah i banged shake and bake. Not one of my prouder moments. Hell of a rush though.

Actually shake and bake sound like a relatively clean and straightforward reaction, except the dangers of pressurized ammonia. There is no heavy metals like mercury or iodine and phosphorous involved like in other popular clandestine methods. On the other hand these method is only employed by absolute amateurs without proper education. And the fact the reactants are from pharmaceutical pills (which are build to be extraction resistant) who knows what is in the final product of the reaction when poor workup is employed.

Smoking shake-n-bake is possibly the most dangerous method of ingestion.

As it likely has leftover reactants in the final product (specifically Iodic acid... the most potent mineral acid), exposing your entire respiratory tract to this chemical could have detrimental effects, especially if exposed repeatedly over a long period of time.

Remember Krokodil? Same idea. Different drug, but same reactants. Not something you'd want to ingest intentionally.

The least you could do would be to run some simple chemical extractions to help purify the product.

Why would there be iodic acid left over from a shake and bake cook? It is essentially a birch reduction,, iodine does not get used in this RXN.

I would only eat SNB unless you carried out the rxn yourself and were confident of your skills at purifying and recrystallising the final product.
Or saw somebody else doing it properly. Although better cooks would probably use other methods to synth meth.

Shake and Bake is crap. Why bother doing methamphetamine if it isn't glass? Shake and bake is a synth for idiots who don't care about quality and / or cannot follow the legit instructions using the correct equipment and chemicals., just large quantity of low-grade crank and my biggest beef with shake n bake is the level of toxic waste produced by it being substantially larger per cook vs. a traditional pseudo RP/I reduction.

Shake and bake is just so damned dangerous, if one tiny bit of moisture gets in there while the lithim strips are "cooling off" then BOOM. you could die, or live with some totally disfiguring disease. Not worth the easiness. No more synth discussion though.

Also, I think substituting automatic transmission fluid (a very high flash point nonpolar solvent)

won't work - ATF is typically polar polyethylene glycol ethers, miscible with water.

except the dangers of pressurized ammonia.

Oh yeah, those are trivial. Death and disfigurement, outright poisoning, etc. The real risk is actually the lithium sparking and starting all your nonpolar solvent on fire (which then burns through your pop bottle, or converts your glass/metal bottle into a bomb).

SNB is a great way to get yourself killed by shaking what is essentially a pipe bomb.

Bro that question is not what we consider harm reduction but I'll let the moderator repeat that for you. If you've been doing a lot of research on it then i don't see the point in asking about that here.

and SnB meth is safe under proper conditions, but proper conditions usually don't prioritize well with the types of people making meth. a lot of dangerous work goes on all around us and it's all fatality free because of stringent measures and strict procedure; SnB cookers are capable of being no different, and some definitely are.

If you are willing to bang 'shake and bake' then you are ready to graduate to 'Krocodil' . Yech.

Be sure you water wash the freebase several times before turning to HCL salt. Then wash the HCL salt with anhydrous acetone to remove impurities, and discard the dirty acetone. Then dissolve the HCL salt in anhydrous alcohol, and recrystallize it (evaporate the alcohol) after discarding the insolubles.

Also, I think substituting automatic transmission fluid (a very high flash point nonpolar solvent) for xylene/coleman/whatever should make the shake and bake method much safer. Dare I even say safe if properly ventilated? ATF does not sustain a flame until heated past 400F, so if the lithium catches sparks it shouldn't make a fire.

I'd be interested if someone who does S&B could try a batch with ATF to confirm my theory and make sure the reaction still works well. S&B explosions are some of the worst publicity for drugs at this point, and if simply changing solvents could take most of the danger out of it, this would really help our community.

<rant>
And for fuck sake, take your meth orally and weigh the doses, and keep a dosing plan and stick to it. Smoking, snorting and eyeballing are the paths to hell :X

Despite all the myths and fearmongering, meth can be used perfectly safely if you treat it with the respect it deserves, use low oral doses, and you don't go chasing that peak high constantly. It is a dangerous drug, but the dose makes the poison, and the RoA makes the addiction.
</rant>

I wish more people would realize this. ANY drug is a demon if you let it get the best of you and control your entire life....and at the same time any drug can be recreational and NOT destroy you if your smart about it.

I personally indulge in speed here and there and have been doing so for about 8 years. I binge once in a while when I am free of responsibility and never go beyond that. No one knows except my SO (who ofcourse tweaks with, that's kinda the point ) and you definitely would never be able to tell in a million years by looking at us. We are normal functioning members of society who just happen to enjoy a buzz once in a blue moon. It can be done!

Why take meth orally in small amounts? When I do drugs I do them to get as fucked up as I possibly can. If I'm not gonna get spun and stay up for days I'd rather just not do meth at all. I'd rather just stay sober. I'm with you though as far as not having any responsibilities when binging. I couldn't imagine getting spun and knowing I've gotta go to work sometime in the same month. I only do it when I'm on vacation. It's been a little more than a year since I last did meth. In two and a half months though the contract with the company I'm working for will expire. I'll be off to Cambodia again with enough money to binge on crystal for at least six months before I have to get another job. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT!!! The only trouble this time around though is I'm hoping to get a job and settle down in Cambodia after it's all over with. I seriously don't know if I'll be able to just quit cold turkey this time since I'll be staying in a country where it's so readily available.