• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids IV'd Kratom Extracts

Disgruntled

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelight! Long time no see.

Well, unfortunately I've been back on the tar train for a while again, but I've found kratom to be a godsend. The first week switching was hell, but I'm now pretty happy with the habit that I have. It gets me through work, doesn't break my budget, and doesn't feel anywhere close to as harsh as the tar was on my body.

My source seems to be pretty legit, and I've recently ordered a reportedly nearly pure extract. Now, IVing this sounds incredibly dangerous to me (leftover plant matter and all), but I've seen second hand accounts online of people banging the stuff. I'm absolutely not going to jump into this without some serious information first, but I figured this would be the place to ask. Has anyone ever IV'd a kratom extract, or known someone that has done it? If so, I would love some elaboration on the subject, as I still deeply, deeply crave a good shot and still frequently cave to this.

Thanks!
DG

EDIT: For that matter, does anyone have any information on plugging? I hadn't considered this ROA and it seems far more practical.

Last edited:
So you quit heroin, so you can shoot kratom?

I got this correct?

You aren't seriously considering this are you??

i would def not shoot any plant material no matter how "clean it is" unless it was totally clear and analyzied to be sure what is in it.

no no no! do not inject kratom extracts! they are rough plant matter extracts in high proof ethanol. totally unsuitable for IV use. plugging again dangerous because of the high alcohol content of the extract for one... if this is not working for you orally your tolerance is likely too high for kratom, stick to dope or use bupe or methadone if you want to maintain... honestly if i were you i would not suggest developing an addiction to kratom as an alternative to using dope. kratom definitely has a rep as being "better" than using dope from the perspective of getting clean - and it's probably a great WD aid used for only a few days at most - tapering down from a smallish dope or pill habit - but used long term it's a tricky beast with it's own addictive properties and some strange psychological side effects in some... not pleasant at all.

what about shooting synthesized mitragynine? or 7-hydroxy-mitragynine? just out curiousity i wonder what it would be like.

I don't think traditional ROA's has been explored thoroughly for synthetic mitragynine or 7-HO(?)-mitragynine, yet alone shooting them. This really sounds like a bad idea and you should stick with swallowing. Even if a super potent injectable form of kratom was developed, it would put kratom straight onto controlled substance status, so lets try to leave well-enough alone on this one

Again, I'm aware of all of the risks--I'm moreso looking to see if anybody has actually tried this, or plugging. I can only find second hand accounts online.

You should give plugging a try if you're curious... Probably works pretty well that way. Start low in case it absorbs really efficiently.

On a different board we have been discussing Full Spectrum Tincture plugging, but it seems we don't have too many volunteers. The only risks I see are those of plugging alcohol (since the extract is in an alcohol solution) and the risk of it just plain not working.

I've heard of a few people shooting the extracts and I've never heard it to be a pleasant experience. I would shoot tar any day over kratom, and that's saying a lot because I hope to never inject black tar heroin again. Also, the plant matter alone is a good enough reason not to shoot it, you don't want to end up with some freakish parasites running through your veins. You said that you've adjusted to taking kratom instead of shooting up dope or other opiates so just stick to what's working. I understand the needle fever, believe me I do, but why fuck up a good thing especially when quitting IV drug use is going to do nothing but good things for you.

Not a very smart idea whatsoever introducing plant matter imdirectly into your bloodstram unless youre willing ti risk your life from the possibly dire results.

If you filter it correctly, the chances of plant matter is slim to none...

I’m talking micron filtering here, not cotton...

Even so with a micron filter there is a slim chance of a contamination.

Plant material shouldnt be injected straight into your bloodstream, imo.

It is no longer plant material if filtered correctly...

Can’t be any worse than shooting up dope off the street... Especially tar...

You got a slim chance with all chemicals that come from plants. And they are all used I.V.

What actually needs to be researched is allergy testing... Which if it was being used orally is kinda nill...

Find reports of I.V. usage of the individual alkaloids.

You have to get the chemical in kratom that you desire, you can't iv plant water no matter how much you filter it... Chemicals aren't extracted by filtering with water, there will be microbials in the solution and you are likely to get horribly ill.

You're better off shooting something benign like dph than a plant extract. Again, we are talking a plant extract, not an chemical extract.

If you filter it correctly, the chances of plant matter is slim to none...

I’m talking micron filtering here, not cotton...

^ the only way it could even be done in theory.

The whole "plant matter" thing didn't deter me from micron filtering extracted DMT and IVing it. I would re-consider about kratom extract though; doesn't seem worth it. You could always dose real high and take it orally.

i.v kratom

I tried it a about a yr ago. i learned how to extract the a.lkaloids. have to say, not worth it. not much happened. N so othing to get excited about.