• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Are there any successful heroin chippers out there?

Sure you can, though it's probably not very common as other people have said. All it really takes is a good amount of self control. Personally I can get heroin whenever I please, but I typically go on small binges. I'll get straight high every day all day for a week or so, then quit for another week and just suffer whatever mild withdraws I might have. Though I admit, sometimes it is very hard when I feel sick to not just grab some more, but to wait and regulate my tolerance and stay away from the addiction is well worth it.

Bottom line, anybody can "chip" with ANY drug with the right amount of willpower. Do most people have that? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual.

EDIT: Also I have been using for about 3 or 4 months now, and about a year of this similar kind of "chipping" with oxycodone. Of course I'm in a constant state of craving, there's no real way around that at all. It's just such a great high ha, but it is entirely possible, I am living proof of that I suppose.

Sure you can, though it's probably not very common as other people have said. All it really takes is a good amount of self control. Personally I can get heroin whenever I please, but I typically go on small binges. I'll get straight high every day all day for a week or so, then quit for another week and just suffer whatever mild withdraws I might have. Though I admit, sometimes it is very hard when I feel sick to not just grab some more, but to wait and regulate my tolerance and stay away from the addiction is well worth it.

Bottom line, anybody can "chip" with ANY drug with the right amount of willpower. Do most people have that? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the individual.

EDIT: Also I have been using for about 3 or 4 months now, and about a year of this similar kind of "chipping" with oxycodone. Of course I'm in a constant state of craving, there's no real way around that at all. It's just such a great high ha, but it is entirely possible, I am living proof of that I suppose.

No offense, but having only been using for a few months... I really don't think you're in a position to make any kind of call on your ability to chip or not.. a lot of people can do it for a few months.. talk to me in a few years.

So you saying you're "living proof" is silly. The only thing you're proving is that you've fallen into the same trap all of us do.. you use for a few months and because you haven't gone off the rails yet, you think you're all good, have beaten it, and will stay that way.. Everyone thinks that in the beginning.

If you'd been doing this and chipping for 5 years straight and never gotten addicted maybe you could say something but a few months? Give me a break.

I chipped for a year and a half on pills and dope. Anyone care to venture a guess how it played out? Yup. About a 1.5 year run of daily use, with a few kicks thrown in. I'm off, for now, but itd be a way easier life if I was never on to begin with.

Yeah okay I chipped with oxys and morphine for a couple years without any problems and same with heroin for about 5 months. It can take a while for shit to hit the fan, but when it does, it really does. So as Mr. S said, you're not living proof of much at all...sorry.
Bottom line is heroin addiction honestly just eats at your soul (yes yes that sounds dramatic but it really isn't an exaggeration) and that simply isn't worth the risk.

^ Exactly. It's not a matter of if, but when.

It took me 5 months to get addicted to Oxycontin. After a year of using I had to force myself to come to terms with the fact that somehow I'd gotten myself addicted.
I quit CT and made it three months... Relapsed on morphine then switched to dope. Never really liked dope but when I picked up the needle I was fucked.

I'm currently on MMT and tapering, down to 35mg. And I do use heroin 1-2 times a week. But I'm not kidding myself, if it wasn't for the methadone I would be shooting daily and when I get down to zero on my taper if I use dope I'll be right back where I started.

Delude yourself all you want, there's no using heroin recreationally. Unless you're just going to try it once or twice in your entire life. Any regular use is not worth the risk.

Heroin is impossible to do just recreationally imo. Anyway as someone who has many heroin addicted friends, and has done opiates (not heroin) himself I know that they always start off smoking it or snorting it. The needle is used later when they're addicted. The high is amazing, you just feel extremely euphoric and relaxed. Also heroins tolerance goes away after a while, but if you're doing it recreationally, tolerance is not an issue. And from what my friends have told me, you won't get addicted off the first time doing it, but its still very hard to do just once, let alone recreationally.

It's the type of drug you do once and then think about for a long time afterwards. Codeine is nothing compared to heroin, or pretty much any opiate out there. I recommend you stay away from it. When I was 14, my friend said he was gonna try some heroin JUST ONCE, 6 years later he died from an overdose. His dealer went dry, and desperate he bought off the street from strangers and ended up injecting fentanyl, and even more potent opiate. Thats the other thing, you don't always know what your going to get.

However if you have you're heart set on this, I would smoke it. It's safer (not safe) than snorting it, but it wastes a lot of the heroin. If you don't want to take my advice, and you want to snort it, snort a little bit, like think of the red part of a match, wait like half an hour or so and continue until you get where you want to be. Same with smoking. Do a little bit at a time.

idk if you could call me a chipper, but I'm on suboxone and have successfully gotten high on dope several times this year, but only for a day or two each. having gotten back on my subs I don't even feel the urge to do it, it seems entirely not worth the time or effort.

I don't think whether or not other people can do it successfully should be taken into consideration. what matters is whether you can. judging by your dad's struggle with the drug, I'd bet you will become addicted too. it sucks, but if you don't want to potentially ruin lives and go through the same hell your dad did you should avoid heroin like the plague.

Yeah try doing it without suboxone and let me know how that works out for you

I'm pretty sure from your posts that you're like 14-17, and you're at the point where you can still take codeine and get something out of it recreationally. Most people work up to heroin, over many years of doing less potent drugs. I think you'd really be screwing yourself by jumping straight into the devil's arms.

Besides, do you really want to be a nasty toothless chav by the time you're 25? Walk the streets, sometime, and see what heroin does to people that can't cope with daily life.

Pretty much what everyone said is correct....I've been doing oxycodone on and off for about 3 years.....3 months ago I tried dope and liked it....now I find myself snorting it 3 times a month....as long as you have self control you can limit your use...but eh idk....I haven't done any opiates in 3 weeks and I think I'm overdue... <see what I mean?

I've been an opiate addict for 4 years now i'm only 21. Started out with eating percs then to snorting roxys. Before 6 months into addiction I was IV'ng Hydromorphone , morphine , and herion. I Much rather do Pharm opiates anyday over street smack. I live in louisville ky the smack here is almost all junk that only fixes you. Only a couple times have I got tar or really good smack with just one shot for me to nod. Basically i'm just trying to say opiates have ruined my life and it doesn't make sense because i'm a amphetamine freak at heart but amphetamines don't have a physical addiction.

I'm completely new here so forgive me for just popping in here like this. This question is part of the reason I joined.

DOC: Oxy; Hydro. ROA: Oral.

I was on a 2 year thing using 120 mg roxy a day. I quit and went through all the BS associated with it. Now I've been using at night every other night or every 3rd night. When I feel really bad about it I will go to the 4 th day without using again, for the past few months and I haven't experienced any WD's. I keep expecting to but I haven't. One thing I don't understand is my tolly didn't drop at all. still 2-3 blues to get high at once where as before I would space 4 out through the day.

I don't know how long this will work and assume since it's not a daily thing if there are any wd's they will be considerably easier than when I first quit, any ideas on that?

What is the answer to this question? I don't know. Am I addicted? I don't know, I know I can go at least 4 days without any problems. Haven't gone longer than that though.

I was while I was going to a community college. But I was on maintenance Suboxone.

I used heroin once every month, or twice a month. And I injected it when I used it.

This was 3-5 years ago.

Come to think of it, I never got addicted to heroin, and was always addicted to buprenorphine. So I was necessarily a chipper. =D

I don't know how long this will work and assume since it's not a daily thing if there are any wd's they will be considerably easier than when I first quit, any ideas on that?

What is the answer to this question? I don't know. Am I addicted? I don't know, I know I can go at least 4 days without any problems. Haven't gone longer than that though.

It sounds like you're not physically addicted, but that doesn't mean you aren't psychologically - and unfortunately, that's the real danger. Physical addiction is the easy one to beat but the psychological stuff usually sets in extremely quickly (frankly IMO anyone who uses on set days, even if they're not that often, is psychologically addicted...and it's just worse if they're fairly close together) and is usually much more unnoticeable, too. I would try to use much less often if I were you. Using multiple times a week is definitely not the way to do it if you want to continue avoiding daily use.

Short answer is that yeah, some people can use heroin for awhile and then walk away without serious addiction problems. That's the boat I was in– I used on and off for several months, culminating in a week-long binge. Then I walked away from it and never looked back. Granted, it helped that I moved from Asia, where I was using it, back to college in the US, where there was know heroin culture that I was aware of. But I've been back in Asia for six months and still haven't touched anything stronger than a codeine tablet.

But even if you can do it without becoming a junkie, it doesn't mean you should. In addition to the risk of breaking out of your rules and into addiction, opiate use has a way of enabling other problems and anxieties in your life. If you make your home into a cocoon where you can feel really great without really doing anything, you're less likely to go out and do things with meaning, such as bonding with your friends without opiates, pursuing a hobby, or, if you're single, pursuing a relationship with the opposite sex. Heroin's pleasure is immense, but it is also incredibly hollow. Why do something worthwhile when you can feel great without it? Even if you don't succumb to addiction, you'll sure succumb to emotional emptiness. And if you feel terrible about your life and think that you might as well use heroin anyway because you won't feel pleasure otherwise, you'll really get fucked.

Well im a chipper i use like every 2 weeks or one day of every week and some times i stop for like more than 1 month, but i only snort and fuck im so high on a speedball right now i just snorted coke and heroin.

Short answer is that yeah, some people can use heroin for awhile and then walk away without serious addiction problems. That's the boat I was in– I used on and off for several months, culminating in a week-long binge. Then I walked away from it and never looked back. Granted, it helped that I moved from Asia, where I was using it, back to college in the US, where there was know heroin culture that I was aware of. But I've been back in Asia for six months and still haven't touched anything stronger than a codeine tablet.

But even if you can do it without becoming a junkie, it doesn't mean you should. In addition to the risk of breaking out of your rules and into addiction, opiate use has a way of enabling other problems and anxieties in your life. If you make your home into a cocoon where you can feel really great without really doing anything, you're less likely to go out and do things with meaning, such as bonding with your friends without opiates, pursuing a hobby, or, if you're single, pursuing a relationship with the opposite sex. Heroin's pleasure is immense, but it is also incredibly hollow. Why do something worthwhile when you can feel great without it? Even if you don't succumb to addiction, you'll sure succumb to emotional emptiness. And if you feel terrible about your life and think that you might as well use heroin anyway because you won't feel pleasure otherwise, you'll really get fucked.

So...you didnt chip
you worked yer' way up to a "week long binge" then quit - Much different
stop fooling yourselves, if you graduate yourself to the needle, your not chipping, period

Well im one of those rare people who can chip. I shoot a few times a week but never 2 days in a row. I buy in semi bulk and then take a break for a few months. I've been doing this for almost 2 years but I'm still careful about it.

I managed it for 4 - 5 years with breaks of up to six months in between generally once a week or so & allways I.V. but the bitch got me in the end was using up to 600mgs MS Contins 100mg Morphine sulfate & heroin per day at the end. Don't know even one who's managed to do it for more than a few years most get hooked or die in the end or chip for a few years and then stop for good, the last is in the minority!

1.whats you roa?
IV.

2.how does the high feel?
Euphoric, relaxing, peaceful.

3.have you experienced increase tolerance?
Of course.

4.and have you ever had any craving of any kind?
Sure do.

I personally don't know any successful chippers, however, once you run out of money & things to sell you'll become a "successful chipper"

Why would anyone who's never suffered any serious consequences give up heroin "for good"? Nobody ever has the foresight to see it getting out of control and stop....It's a very powerful feeling....Doesn't have the intensity of cocaine or amphetamines....It's much more subtle...but once you acquire that taste it sticks with you for a lifetime....

I wouldn't say that anyone who doesn't try it is missing out, in fact, I'd say you're much better off leaving it alone all together...