Bluelight

Thread: Kratom: comprehensive list of chronic side effects

1. Collapse Details
    Kratom: comprehensive list of chronic side effects 
    Ahoy BL community. I've been using kratom several times a week for the past 3 years, at several spoonfuls of ground leaf infused in hot water being the dosage. Seeing as there is no comprehensive long-term side effects list that I'm aware of, I thought it would be useful to collate the anecdotal evidence of chronic side-effects (negative or neutral) here.

I'll start:

1) I've noticed myself getting powerful edginess/anxiousness/wanting to jump out of my skin on occasions several months ago. I don't know if this is due to the KT, but I'd never had anything like that before.

2) Developed a tolerance, of course.

dfo

2. Collapse Details

The country with the world's most prisoners.
    I used to drink a very concentrated tea and I only noticed two side effects. Visual sensitivity to light. And stomach upset which could have to do with the large amount of lemon juice.

3. Collapse Details

Number 1 almost sounds like withdrawal, which is as much as a real thing with kratom as traditional opiates (although not generally as intense or bad).

I've been a mid to heavy user for about a year, but I've swapped to mainly one particular vendors potent kratom extract.

The only real side effect I've noticed is a STEEP drop in libido. I'm less interested in sex than I was with a low dose OC habit.

I also fine kratom more 'spacey' than traditional opiates, so I will find myself daydreaming or staring off more, but this is only occurs during times of heavy use.

All in all I am far happier with kratom than other opiates I've habitually used. It's (generally) cheaper, not worries of drug tests and I don't have the negative emotional side effects (mainly anger/irritability) that I experience with the others.

4. Collapse Details

strigoi, mind if I ask what your usual dose of that extract is?

5. Collapse Details

I've been using about 10 grams per day of crushed leaf for almost a year now. Honestly I've not noticed any side effects other than standard withdrawal type symptoms if I don't take it. I've read a lot about kratom giving people upset stomachs and such, but I've never experienced that even once. The odd time if I take some and maybe it's on an empty stomach or something it will make me feel pretty dizzy for a little while.

It doesn't cause any constipation like regular opiates. I don't make the tea I just eat it, maybe it has lots of fibre in it.

I find far less change to my interest in sex than with pharmaceutical opiates which kill it pretty strongly.

But I might have to withdraw here pretty soon, I think there are some supply issues with kratom right now. Nobody seems to have any stock. I've only got like 70 grams left.

6. Collapse Details

Sorry, just now saw this reply.. My average dose is .6ml.