Bluelight

Thread: heroin vs Norcos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. Collapse Details
    heroin vs Norcos 
    #1
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    I think it's funny how heroin users are treated like scum and like there the worst people ever to exist
    But Norco users are jus perfectly Ok and even people that don't use any drug at all pretty much just Exepts that as not so bad
    I'm not retarded I know the h is stronger and all that but in the end there both opiate and both jus as hard to kick
    And in my opinion speed is the worst drug ever to be made its users are much more grimy and likely to steal or hurt someone to get more drugs
    What's your opinion on this ?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Nobody has opinion huh
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Moderator
    North & South American Social & Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Drug Studies
    brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the Sky With Diamonds
    Posts
    8,364
    Don't bump your own threads, please read the rules in my signature.

    With that being said, I think it's a common agreement that heroin users are treated like shit. There's no argument or really discussion there to be honest.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Bluelighter chinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    9,348
    BDD is thataway ------------------------->
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus View Post
    Don't bump your own threads, please read the rules in my signature.

    With that being said, I think it's a common agreement that heroin users are treated like shit. There's no argument or really discussion there to be honest.
    Yea i know that but my question is why is it not so bad to be a Norco user when the h is so horrible I mean when it comes down to it there basically the same and sorry about the bump didn't even think of it as bump it won't happen again I'm still new and tryin to work it all out
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Moderator
    North & South American Social & Drug Discussion
    Johnny blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    you and I will always know
    Posts
    9,328
    Well, we know that kicking any opioid will be very similar but the average person doesn't. Pills come from doctors and that makes done think that they're safer and as such less of a threat. Norcos are mostly schedule 3 and because of that are very common. Just guessing but, I'd imagine that the majority of people that have been prescribed pain killers have gotten some form of hydrocodone. So really it's just a comfort and education thing IMO. It's not like you get heroin from your dentist for having your wisdom teeth pulled but, it'd be nice.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Moderator
    Anon/Homeless Forums
    Basic Drug Discussion
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Manning the gloryhole
    Posts
    16,030
    BoBL IMHO.

    Heroin is demonized; pills aren't.

    /thread
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Bluelighter chinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    9,348
    what opushes heroin over the top is the association with the needle and thats why people look down upon heroin users. thats bullshit cause theres people like us who dont use a needle, and they all lumpo us together and think we are below them. they look down while reaching for their cigarette sullofane that has their roxys in it and proceede to snort 2 and smoke a quarter of a third.

    fuck you you just paid for your 3 roxys what paid that for a gram of heroin..that would be at least 10 days of getting high for you id you are just starting to switch over..and generally once they find that out that change over rather quickly thinking they can control their habit. and some do for 6months maybe a year, some last a week it all depends on their selfwill but most dont and generally they get into the needle themselves cause everyone else does. even though they tell one "no dont try it! its not worth it", they still do it bc of that they go into a deep hole of depression and almost hit rock bottom cause they cant stand the fact of being a hypocrite and for shooting heroin when you promised yourself you owuld never do it. you absolultly told yourself would would never do itand it kills you to think you actually did.
    Last edited by RecklessWOT; 05-06-2013 at 00:11. Reason: prices
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    It pretty much comes down to people die from heroin. Even when they think they are dosing normal. Now with norcos and even roxy you're not going to die from taking you're normal number of pills. After losing so many friends to heroin, you don't want friends who use. There is a good chance they will die and you are left with the emotions and memories.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Bluelighter anythingbutsober's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    the mitten
    Posts
    135
    most overdoses on heroin are perceived as "dirtier" or "more preventable" than overdoses on pills like norco, which aren't hydrocodone overdoses but apap overdoses. people think because a doctor hands it out a) it is legit & b) it is safe.

    cultural perception is what it boils down to.
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter missmeyet?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southwest United States
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by LucyLovesMolly View Post
    It pretty much comes down to people die from heroin. Even when they think they are dosing normal. Now with norcos and even roxy you're not going to die from taking you're normal number of pills. After losing so many friends to heroin, you don't want friends who use. There is a good chance they will die and you are left with the emotions and memories.
    Well, IMHO, thanks to the media addict of any opiates/opioids are considered pretty much scum. Or even just users. I experience it every month when I go to the pharmacy every month to pick up my legit script for oxy (and used to be same for hydrocodones) and am treated like shit by a prharmacy tech or pharmacists or if I go to the ER and they automatically assume I am there to get "drugsad when I tell them my medications. /o, it is not exactly the same as heroin users but I would not state ther is NO stigma attached like the OP said.

    Also, Lucyloves molly and Anythingbutsober, your statements are incorrect. If you pay attention to the media, it is now reported that more people die from prescription drug overdoses than do from illicit drugs, including heroin.

    And yes some people die from liver issues from APAP, but this does not make up the majority.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    H has had a long history of stigma n abuse, plus you never know what its cut with. Norcos seen as more acceptabe coming from a big pharma lab but esentially the same thing also needles r associated with h. Dont know any norco injectors :-) sadly many people now start out on pills then graduate. Life is grand.
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by missmeyet? View Post
    Well, IMHO, thanks to the media addict of any opiates/opioids are considered pretty much scum. Or even just users. I experience it every month when I go to the pharmacy every month to pick up my legit script for oxy (and used to be same for hydrocodones) and am treated like shit by a prharmacy tech or pharmacists or if I go to the ER and they automatically assume I am there to get "drugsad when I tell them my medications. /o, it is not exactly the same as heroin users but I would not state ther is NO stigma attached like the OP said.

    Also, Lucyloves molly and Anythingbutsober, your statements are incorrect. If you pay attention to the media, it is now reported that more people die from prescription drug overdoses than do from illicit drugs, including heroin.

    And yes some people die from liver issues from APAP, but this does not make up the majority.
    I would say go to a different pharmacy most places don't care what your picking up infact nowadays the person giving you your script popped a couple right before you showed up i don't agree that h and Yellows are looked at the same although they basically are I do agree how ever that when going to the hospital they all look at you like your only there for the drugs I think it's cause they see it everyday and they jus think of everyone like that now me myself I started this thread cause I use both I actually prefer Yellows over h but ether will do in bad times and that's my point there is no difference you me anyone who takes opiate get sick the same without them i would have to say the only thing that makes h worse is the retarded motha Fucka that did so much he/she can't keep there dumb ass from nodding but what's funny is you can take Nuff pills that will make you the same so I'm still left with the same question Wtf is the difference
    The only difference well there is 2 the one I said already the dumb ass that's always nodding and the most important one of all Yellows are made in a legal factory and given to you by a doctor
    Last edited by spiderKane; 11-06-2013 at 02:39.
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Senior Moderator
    Support
    Tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,450
    I will say that you will find a lot more occasional hydrocodone users than you will occasional heroin users.

    Quote Originally Posted by LucyLovesMolly View Post
    It pretty much comes down to people die from heroin. Even when they think they are dosing normal. Now with norcos and even roxy you're not going to die from taking you're normal number of pills. After losing so many friends to heroin, you don't want friends who use. There is a good chance they will die and you are left with the emotions and memories.
    People can die from any of those. The varying potency of heroin is what makes it particularly dangerous, but most people overdose on opiates the same few ways.
    1. Mixing the opiates with benzos and/or alcohol
    2. Taking their 'normal' dose after taking a break instead of factoring in their tolerance drop
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Bluelight Crew
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    16,739
    wow

    "People think prescription drugs are OK to use, but heroin users are scumbags!"

    youre probably the first person on BL who ever came up with this
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Khadijah
    "People think prescription drugs are OK to use, but heroin users are scumbags!"

    youre probably the first person on BL who ever came up with this
    Wow really that's cool
    Dumb ass
    Last edited by Tommyboy; 14-06-2013 at 04:04. Reason: fixed quote tags
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Senior Moderator
    Support
    Tommyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    13,450
    ^ I don't get it, why is she a dumb ass?
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Bluelight Crew
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    16,739
    LOL....Im looking fwd to seeing the reply to this one
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Because its a well talked topic on bl she was being a smart ass if she wasn't my bad but that's how it seemed
    Reply With Quote
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Moderator
    North & South American Social & Drug Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Drug Studies
    brutus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the Sky With Diamonds
    Posts
    8,364
    ^ If it's such a widely conversed topic then why did you start this thread since everyone is on the same page here?
    Reply With Quote
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Bluelighter MsPilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    220
    My 2 cents: Since pain meds are legal, people think it's ok. They think that you have health insurance so you must be a decent citizen. I've never had a script for anything except antibiotics and I pop pills all the time. Not bragging, jus sayin. I think most people have this image of a heroin user as being dirty, homeless, and a raging junkie that they will suck your dick for a bag. While the image of a pill popper is clean, responsible, can hold a 9-5... etc. They are both the same to me. An addict is an addict is an addict... Doesn't matter your doc. My personal experience: I've def bought bags of H when I couldn't get pills for days. It was way cheaper too. It's all the same thing. Opiate and opiate. One is synthetic. I personally do not feel "better" or "cleaner" or more "responsible" than a heroin user. Actually, heroin users are smarter financially than pill poppers.
    Reply With Quote
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by MsPilly View Post
    My 2 cents: Since pain meds are legal, people think it's ok. They think that you have health insurance so you must be a decent citizen. I've never had a script for anything except antibiotics and I pop pills all the time. Not bragging, jus sayin. I think most people have this image of a heroin user as being dirty, homeless, and a raging junkie that they will suck your dick for a bag. While the image of a pill popper is clean, responsible, can hold a 9-5... etc. They are both the same to me. An addict is an addict is an addict... Doesn't matter your doc. My personal experience: I've def bought bags of H when I couldn't get pills for days. It was way cheaper too. It's all the same thing. Opiate and opiate. One is synthetic. I personally do not feel "better" or "cleaner" or more "responsible" than a heroin user. Actually, heroin users are smarter financially than pill poppers.
    I agree completely and it's crazy how the h is so much cheaper I've been clean my tho for 2 weeks its not easy but any way Yea there the same the h lasts longer and is cheaper but I prefer the pills myself but Yea i completely agree with what you said
    Reply With Quote
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by brutus View Post
    ^ If it's such a widely conversed topic then why did you start this thread since everyone is on the same page here?
    As I said if I took it wrong my bad it jus seemed sarcastic to me
    Reply With Quote
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Bluelighter chinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    9,348
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderKane View Post
    Because its a well talked topic on bl she was being a smart ass if she wasn't my bad but that's how it seemed
    sarcastic or not, you got no business talking back to that women...not only does she know what she is talking about, she has probably forgotton more about these topics
    then you will eveer learn.

    lacey is an untouchable with an army behind her..call her the khalessi of the bluelight...so show some fuckin respect newfag
    Reply With Quote
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Greenlighter spiderKane's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by chinky View Post
    sarcastic or not, you got no business talking back to that women...not only does she know what she is talking about, she has probably forgotton more about these topics
    then you will eveer learn.

    lacey is an untouchable with an army behind her..call her the khalessi of the bluelight...so show some fuckin respect newfag
    HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY MY BAD HOLLY SHIT
    Also thanks for confirming the was being sarcastic she's old scoo she for sure knows it's a well talked topic and before you ask why did I start it if it's well talked the answere is cause I wanted answer to it asked the way I asked it that's it
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •