• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why do psychedelics take so long to kick in?

It depends on the drug. LSD and shrooms can kick in in 1-30 mins. Most other ones like the DOx chems can take an hour or two.

It takes awhile for you awareness to kick in, not the drug. I felt LSD once, as soon as I put it into my mouth. I saw visuals within 3 to 5 minutes. I did have a white lotus extract days before and I really think that is why.

^ the DOx class, as well as mescaline and mescaline analogues honestly take 1-1.5 hours for first alerts to occur. With LSD/shrooms you can get first alerts in 10-15 minutes or less if you dose higher but with mescaline and its analogues, first alerts don't even hit until 1+ hours and don't really get going until 2-3 hours. There's something strange about that. It seems like there's a correlation with duration and the time of onset for a drug, though with 2c-p, it hits you within an hour and lasts forever, i don't know.

^DOM hits you within the hour as well I believe

possibly but i remember people back in the 60s or whenever DOM was around, would end up taking too much of it because they thought it wasn't kicking in. I've never tried any of the DOx class though, illegal over here for whatever reason, just read many reports about the extremely long come up.