NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Anything from: Thy Art Is Murder
Infant Annihilator
Slice the Cake

(especially that last one unfffffff)
:D

Really happy to see Pig Destroyer and A*C* on this thread. Makes me feel that all is right in the world.

Fucking love what sounds like a banjo in this song. Shining make some truly unique black metal, plus Kvarforth is a total fucking nutcase.

Sabaton- Smoking Snakes. Fuck yes.

I'm almost gonna say I prefer Burzum post-prison:

but then the light takes us.

Gorgoroth- Wound Upon Wound. Great opening track . . .

Great song from new album by Immolation:

Nice choice with Katharsis Nutty.

It's good that there's a fellow black metal enthusiast on here. \m/ What do you think of Silencer? lol

I was actually listening to Sterile Nails and Thunderbowels a few days back. That is some insane shrieking.

Silencer is interesting but I recently finally completed collecting all the albums by Shining. I think they do the suicide stuff brilliantly. . .

Always pleased to discuss black metal :)

New Satyricon totally sucks. The drumming is great but its an album of filler basically. Really boring but I didn't really expect anything else.

I haven't listened to Satyricon in some time. Besides a few other songs, Nemesis Divina is all I've really listened to but I'll have to see about the new stuff. As far as Silencer the vocals are still taking some getting use to for me. The first time I heard them I was like WTF is this lol. But either way I definitely like the atmosphere and the guitars shred. Speaking of which I'm seriously thinking of getting a guitar again and picking it up. I still have one but it quit working and I ended up selling the amp because it was just collecting dust lol. Drums is my first love but I got kind of bored.

Last edited:
I haven't listened to Satyricon in some time. Besides a few other songs, Nemesis Divina is all I've really listened to but I'll have to see about the new stuff. As far as Silencer the vocals are still taking some getting use to for me. The first time I heard them I was like WTF is this lol. But either way I definitely like the atmosphere and the guitars shred. Speaking of which I'm seriously thinking of getting a guitar again and picking it up. I still have one but it quit working and I ended up selling the amp because it was just collecting dust lol. Drums is my first love but I got kind of bored.

I didn't mind The Shadowthrone but I've really never gotten that into them, though I tend to check their albums out. I think they are really second rate boring BM for the most part. But I am not listening to as much older BM anymore, I totally smashed it when I was young and it just doesn't feel the same. I tend to prefer bands like Deathspell Omega and Blut aus Nord, or the more atmospheric stuff like Alcest. I think Alcest take some influence from Silencer with the vocals and the use of melodic and gentle guitar passages.

But yeah man, play guitar! I play, I'm pretty shit but I enjoy it which is the main thing. I actually used to play drums in a hardcore/bm band back in high school. Its great fun.

Check out the kick here: