NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

More beautiful music from one of the best modern metal bands, Alcest. Their new album, Kodoma, is really perfect. Such haunting melodies. :)

This is the title track. My only complaint is that the vocals are slightly buried, but apart from that it is great.

^Classic footage. Is Varg there?

Been listening to a lot of doom recently. Bands like Sleep, High on Fire, Black Pyramid. Bit of sludgy stuff from Kylesa and Giant Squid too.

Still, the latest Alcest is my album of the year without a squiggle of doubt. There is only one lower quality tune on it, track 6, the formless instrumental and its not that bad. Its followed by a much longer instrumental which is really beautiful. But, every other track is utterly superb. :)

No, Abbath is in the rebel flag shirt tho lol.

Here's one with Varg. Skip to 3:14 to get to the actual rehearsal...

Old Funeral live...

Last edited:
Fucking black whirlwind of almighty fyre!

Deathspell Omega: Synarchy of Molten Bones. Legendary french black metal emerging from the chthonic realm. Check this mofo out, but only if your ears work.

Death, decay, ruin, yet the only victory belongs unto the flies.

I never knew In Flames did something with a female opera singer. Pretty awesome I think anyways...

Nice fucking track. The new Darkthrone album is good, not great, but I don't think they've been great for many years. Still, this is a solid album, this track is cool. I like the title.