NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Morbid Angel-Chapel of Ghouls
Slayer-South of Heaven
Deicide-Satan spawn the Cacao Demon

Most recently it's been SLAYER Seasons Of The Abyss & Hell Awaits...Greatest thrash metal band of all time for me personally but I'm sure some metal heads will argue to that statement haha

Sylosis! IMHO one of the most underrated metal bands of all time. Hardly anyone here in the states knows of them. Every album is great, with transitional moods both between albums and within each song - thrashy, melodic, ominous, slow and lightning fast... They are often fitted under the "progressive metal" umbrella term because of how varied their style is. Very unique indeed, and inexplicably satisfying to play on your own axe (standard tuning!!!)

http://youtu.be/msxWbCvuzyA

alright all you motherfuckers, time for some real old school obscure shit

This band is so fucking bad ass, one of the first NY style death metal bands (suffocation, immolation etc..)

another forgotten classic

Fucking one of the best moments in extreme metal right here, INFESTER ALL THE WAY, fuck all this 'death-core' shit, DM used to be fucking a great form of music, I'm sure there's some great experimental bands out there, other great bands, Athiest, Massacra, Burzum's Det som engang var and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss, ugh....let's not forget Death's Human, of course, the number one death metal album of all time, I need not mention but will, Slayer's reign in blood.. Shit Det som engang var is SOOOO GOD DAMN GOOD, this brings me back to my high school days where I'd get drunk in the morning and listen to Burzum and feel super nihilistic, and then at night I'd smoke weed and walk by the grave yard in brooklyn and listen to Deicide's Legion (another fucking masterpiece, but the only one that band put out, though their first album is decent, everything after legion is bullshit).

What's up with death metal bands putting out like, 2 or 3 great albums and then descending into the mediocre mass?? Morbid Angel (altars of madness, blessed are the sick, both great albums, covenant, starting to go down hill, and then I didn't even bother with the next one, was it Damnation?), Obituary, fuck, oh Celtic Frost, they really went insane, turning all glam after 'To Mega Therion' (another fucking great album). Fuck all the swedish melodic shit, no offense nuttynutskin, but really I never liked any of the stuff that came out of there, possibly a few exceptions, but scandinavia was always better at black metal.

Fuck all the swedish melodic shit, no offense nuttynutskin, but really I never liked any of the stuff that came out of there, possibly a few exceptions, but scandinavia was always better at black metal.

Different strokes and all that, but isn't Sweden part of Scandanavia? I listen to everything from brutal death metal to reggae.

With that said, what about The Craft? Swedish black metal in the vein of Darkthrone or such.

Last edited:
The new album by Borknagar, Winter Thrice is ridiculously good. Normally very hit and miss, but this latest album is brilliant. Great vocals from Garm, ICS Vortex and Lazare from Solefald...