NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
69khNTK.jpg

I hope this is aight, I noticed the 'metal youre listening to" thread is closed for no reason that i could think of, it wasnt at 1000 replies and I didnt see no crazyness or bullshit stupid posting happening in there so wonder whats up with that...but if this is acceptable to the mods I thought we could have this one instead? if i am wrong you just lock this bitch up. I got a couple bands/songs that I wanted to post about but if a very well known and awesome as fuck band like Between the Buried and Me only gets 7 replies and 3 of em were mine lol, I figured maybe a all around metal thread might be better.

I know that some people think of totally different things when they hear "metal"....One person might think Black sabbath and megadeth and slayer and shit like that. Im more talking about more recent type shit , the shit that stupid wikipedia calls these ridiculously specific genre names like "progressive melodic deathcore" and shit like that. but yea...death metal, metalcore, deathcore, "djent" (lol) and that type shit. not labels i use myself but whatever.

Right now I got "Open your eyes" by Tempest on repeat. All I can say is "I came" (an apparently many people agree with me cuz I saw at least 5 other comments on the video for it on youtube that all said the same thing or variations of it. It would be more fun if I was a dude then I could say things like "OMG i just jizzed all over my keyboard" to show my approval of this song but its just not quite the same anatomy. I mean I guess I could still say that, but I wouldnt want to be dishonest on the internet. =D

Whats some of the shit on you guys's playlists at the moment? other than obviously tempest and assloads of BTBAM,

Heres a small little sample of my current metal playlist....

veil of maya-entry level exit wounds, we bow in its aura
thy art is murder-whore to a chainsaw (LOVE IT)
black dahlia murder-deathmask divine, what a horrible night to have a curse
born of osiris-two worlds of design, the takeover
job for a cowboy-misery reformatory
molotov solution-rule by secrecy
behemoth-christgrinding avenue

I love me some periphery too even tho they dont really quite fit in here with the rest of it all.

.....aaand i gotta run before the person i borrowed this laptop from without permission realizes its gone cuz she just got home....what yall got?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this is aight, I noticed the 'metal youre listening to" thread is closed for no reason that i could think of, it wasnt at 1000 replies and I didnt see no crazyness or bullshit stupid posting happening in there so wonder whats up with that.

It's because Laika is a fascist. He closed all of the "What are you listening to?" threads, made everyone vote on new Megathreads, and then completely ignored the votes.

It's starting to look a bit like Nazi Germany in NEMD 8o

Translation:
the staff here are setting up new mega threads for many popular genres. ;)
Khadija said:
I love me some periphery too even tho they dont really quite fit in here with the rest of it all.

Heh...I've played self-entitled [instrumental] like a million times. great record! Right now, I'm listening to a good bit of 'post-metal'. The new Russian Circles and The Ocean records are great. Also listening to a good bit of Shining, but they pretty much defy classification. The new Tesseract is pretty good and fits will into "melodic djent". In 5 minutes, I'll be listening to BTBAM "Colors". ;)

ebola

What are people's thoughts on the new Dillinger Escape Plan?

ebola

^ But NEMD is the place on Bluelight for snobbish elitism (although, I do my best over at F&T). Though, you're excluding a lot of metal bands if you're only looking for growled vocals...that said, the song you quoted isn't metal and needs to go back to 1998 when people still cared about Limp Bizkit and his kind.

It's because Laika is a fascist. He closed all of the "What are you listening to?" threads, made everyone vote on new Megathreads, and then completely ignored the votes.

Lol dick. You elitists are the ones who had to add every fucking obscure genre you could think of for me to add to the poll. I have my condensed list ready in fact. I'm just gonna hold it over your heads for a couple more days.
Please add "Post-Post Music"
Please add "Genres that don't exist yet!"

Fight the power bub, I'm just trying to feel worthy of a mod title by at least attempting to come up with a slight transformation. If you did honestly have a problem with it, please open a thread about the idea and ask everyone if it's too ridiculous. Try to get a simple yes or no out of the people and we'll make a poll.

If you fuckers want to post links rather than discussing, then sure, I'll reopen all of the precious free-post threads that bind us all together here in NEMD ever so perfectly.. There are like 5 of us pretend homos that actually interact with each other. The rest to me are just link droppers. They don't even want to rant about why they love what they're posting.

What are people's thoughts on the new Dillinger Escape Plan?

ebola

i only gave it a perfunctory listen so far, it seemed solid though fairly bereft of surprises. my mood's been thoroughly rotten lately, so i've been listening to a lot of today is the day, especially their last album which i only discovered was out last month.

If you fuckers want to post links rather than discussing, then sure, I'll reopen all of the precious free-post threads that bind us all together here in NEMD ever so perfectly.. There are like 5 of us pretend homos that actually interact with each other. The rest to me are just link droppers. They don't even want to rant about why they love what they're posting.

Fuck i know right? I mean I cant pretend I been around here for the past 2 years but in the time I have been back what the fuck is up with people just replying to a thread with a youtube link? I hate that shit! Tell me what it is and why you are posting it please....

I never click on youtube link only posts in NEMD. Except, in this thread I did.

And I got "Super Bob"...whoever the fuck that is. (The horrible limp bizkit wannabe thing that I recoiled in horror from a few posts ago.)

So, looks like I learned my lesson to never do that again.....:D

Anyways, back to raping and decapitating and fucking the open head wounds...(Dude, whitechapel)

Fuck i know right? I mean I cant pretend I been around here for the past 2 years but in the time I have been back what the fuck is up with people just replying to a thread with a youtube link? I hate that shit! Tell me what it is and why you are posting it please....

I never click on youtube link only posts in NEMD. Except, in this thread I did.

Thank you lacey. Lol this is what I love about you, no bullshit. People will try to argue and defend the youtube links but even they're just playing that card for the sake of starting a debate. I bet even they don't click the youtube links. Youtube links are cool when they're connected to the conversation we've been having in a thread. But threads dedicated to a scroll of 100's of youtube links and no words or conversations is just lame. I wanna talk about music, damnit, not help Youtube get more hits.

http://youtu.be/xaQF-AP8sb0 Burzum From The Depths Of Darkness Full album brilliant music all done by one guy this is comes after his release from jail if im right for the murder of Mayhem guitarist Øystein 'Euronymous' Aarseth and the arson of three churches.

xxxyyy said:
i only gave it a perfunctory listen so far, it seemed solid though fairly bereft of surprises.

Yeah...though I think it seems to bring something that the last couple albums without Chris Pennie lacked. I dunno, some kind of key intensity coupled with variety. We'll see how it holds up over repeated listening (the new Tesseract is good enough that it's actually crowding out my ability to listen to other things :p).
Here's a metal cover of a song from Metriod:

(also quite partial to the theme to Kraid's lair)

ebola

Digging "Gnosis" by Monuments...the vocals took some getting used to, but I'm way into the particular stylistic marriage of melody and rhythm they have. A la Tesseract, melodic djent.

ebola

currently listening to the new the ocean. i agree with your assessment ebola, it's excellent, much better than their last album. apart from that i've been listening to cobalt's gin a lot, so fucking good.

Trying to give Veil of Maya a fair shot...but I just can't do the Cookie Monster vocals these days...SOOO cheesy! Maybe when I'm in a different mood.

ebola

Anyone that hasnt heard Opeth needs to listen to Blackwater Park- Album

Everything this band puts out is amazing.

Also listening to Nile lately, specifically Those Whom The Gods Detest- Album

Trying to give Veil of Maya a fair shot...but I just can't do the Cookie Monster vocals these days...SOOO cheesy! Maybe when I'm in a different mood.

ebola

Man, I dont know, i love their vocals. It depends on the band--sometimes that style sounds cheesy and ridiculous, and sometimes it sounds great. I think VoM's are very much on the better side when it comes to 'cookie monster' style tho. I actually was just thinking the opposite of what you just said yesterday as I was listening to them, that out of all the growlers in that whole 'deathcore' or wtfever genre, that I really like brandon butlers vocals, IMO he's able to pull it off without coming off ridiculous like some others do.

on the facebook page of The Black Dahlia Murder the other day they posted this one video and it was fucking hilarious, the vocals were just soooo low and exaggerated that I couldnt even take it serious anymore. Let me see if I can find it, I think youd get a laugh out of it Ebola...Ahh...here it is:

Syphilic-Cannabilisdick

Check out around 0:45...Straight up mouthfart LOL. See thats the shit that I just cant help but laugh a little so I do understand where youre coming from. Theres a point where shit kind of crosses over from brutal to funny. And I guess that line is in a different spot for everyone. So imagining how the video I just posted sounds to me, I can imagine thats how VoM may sound to you. But then again... maybe compared to Syphilic youll listen to VoM in a new light and be better able to appreciate just how NOT over the top they are :D

Uvbnstacked....I heard 4th arra of dagon off that record not long ago...Shit was too slow for my taste tho.

And man...I still got deathmask divine on repeat. Is it wrong that I find that song to be somewhat sexy? Instead of being repulsed by the idea of digging up and preserving the corpse of your beloved i kinda think its twistedly romantic and weirdly touching. I mean I know Im sick in the head but for some reason I imagine if I was the dead one instead of my fiance, and how if he did that with me I would totally be honored. :D

Anyways, now that Im done saying shit that makes me sound like a necro-whatever-er...Im look fwd to TBDMs new album, it drops june 11. so far theres a couple tracks on youtube. Instead of posting the video for Into the Everblack, the first track, I will share with yall the totally awesome 8-bit nintendo-game-music-style version of it that i found:

fuckin awesome! =D

Last edited: