NEMD Metal Up Your Ass! The MetalHeads Thread v.VIVIVI

^Nice tunes. What's your favorite Burzum album? I gotta say Hvis Lysett Tar Oss. But I also think Belus is up there.

Nice. I haven't listened to Horn for ages, thanks for the recommendation :)

^Nice tunes. What's your favorite Burzum album? I gotta say Hvis Lysett Tar Oss. But I also think Belus is up there.

Hmm, that's a tough one. Either Hliðskjálf or Hvis lyset tar oss or Filosofem.

I play drums and I currently have this song nailed down like 90%. Will record soon.

also covering this masterpiece:

Drums are the best part of Meshuggah. Poly rhythms and syncopation blow my mind. You must be a good fucking drummer! I'm up for hearing it when recorded.

I've never heard of many folks liking Hliðskjálf too much. Its better than Daudi Baldrs but sounds way too Casio for me. Though I can enjoy some dungeon synth from time to time.

Drums are the best part of Meshuggah. Poly rhythms and syncopation blow my mind. You must be a good fucking drummer! I'm up for hearing it when recorded.

Thanks, here is a rough draft I recorded like 5 months ago. I fucked up at the end. That's why the straws weren't pulled.

Let's see, what shall I listen to right now?

Last edited:
Nice drumming. If I tried to drum Meshuggah I would just get pissed off at the weird time signatures lol. Is there a reason you're adding extra notes to where the china would be? I think it's all just single strokes if I'm not mistaken.

Nice drumming. If I tried to drum Meshuggah I would just get pissed off at the weird time signatures lol. Is there a reason you're adding extra notes to where the china would be? I think it's all just single strokes if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks

Yea, it's 1/4 notes...I fucked it up. New video soon.

Also, I still don't understand this but most Meshuggah songs are in 4/4 they are just really tricky to count. I can't even do most.

Take "spasm" for example:

Don't wanna turn this into a drum thread....but yo...Morgan Ågren...Probably my favourite drummer. He's also the teacher of the Meshuggah drummer (Tomas Haake)

Pretty fucking crushing. I normally can't get into death metal but I've actually found myself really digging a few select artists recently such as Immolation. Its slower and has this imposing heaviness to it. Fuck check it out okay!