• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Seizures & Blackouts on Psychedelics Thread

would u think they have to stop psychdelics tho, if nothing is wrong with them, i will let on and tell you it was from snorting 20mg of 2C-T-7. not a good idea i know, and it wont be done ever again .. but it has happened off a high dose mushroom trip before too them but i dont know why exactly. because they have never sufferd any sort of fit or seizure before only these two times, and still they dont believe it was a fit because they just remember passing out. they love psychedelics too, which is a shame if they have to stop if it was just a freak accident from snorting it which almost doubles/trebels effects.

I wouldn't say to stop doing psych's altogether. Not unless it was a frequently recurring thing. I would just agree with you on: dont fucking snort research chemicals. Christ, I've heard the burn from that shit is just unreal. That should say something in and of itself. But people do what they do, i suppose.

Oh, I'd also recommend highly against mixing psychedelics with any other substances (cannabis and benzos excluded). It's just probably not a very good idea if a bad reaction has occured... because had he that time, it could have been much worse.

I think a good seizure makes the trip - the visuals you get while thrashing around are second to none.

at a rave i was at a kid had a seizure after two caps of molly & an eigth of shrooms.
obviously the molly probably helped, but it's funny that mushrooms are always involved.

My friend had a seizure on ~300 morning glory seeds. Having her mum threaten me on the phone at 1am wasn't exactly pleasant :/

ismene i love your post, you make it sound funny cause the person said they felt they were floating in heaven

I have found that smoked 5-MEO-DMT (above 10mg) causes extreme muscle tremors in most people, and it actually can look a lot like a seizure. But that is just one of the effects of the drug...extreme muscle tremors.

So don't mistake a strong 5-MEO-DMT trip for a seizure %)

passing out on shrooms

On 8 grams of shrooms @ t+1.5/2 hrs I had a friend pass out and become unresponsive for around a minute. Was this the result of too many shrooms? He got up after passing out and was fine. Can anyone explain why this may have happened? Thanks!

Well, assuming that your friend's mushrooms aren't shit, he took a hefty dose. And the time frame indicated is around the peak. I have heard of rare cases of people dropping and having bizzare muscle constactions. Not seizures, but more like limbs curling inwards. Anyways.

This seemed to have happened only once from what I read, so your friend should just try a lower dose next time. Especially since it lasted but a minute and was fine afterwards.

Perhaps he had a panic attack during the come up? It happen fucking quick, sometimes you get first alert, then a switch is thrown and you're all tryptamined. Doses that high come on strong, too man.

Hmm, peculiar...buuuut what makes you think he passed out, as opposed to just having a moment of introspection?

Eight gees is a big old dose ya know, and I'm more inclined to believe he was just enjoying a hike through the misty forests and then maybe down along the meandering creeks of his cerebral cortex, rather than actually getting knocked out.

Unless by pass out you mean he was standing and then....FWAP, face+pavement?

It can happen, did to my girlfriend on 8+ grams as well. It seemed to be similar to what happens when people pass out from marijuana (head rush caused by lowered blood pressure)

edit: Didn't mean to imply that shrooms cause lowered blood pressure, I have no idea if they do or not, but from what she described, it sounded like a similar feeling to what can happen with weed.

My hardest trip on any drug ever was on 4ish grams of weird looking shrooms on an empty stomach. When I was just starting to get visuals I took a dry bong of some good weed and passed out. I hadn't eaten very much that day and I had just gotten off probation, so my weed tolerance was very very low. They had to drag me back into the house, where I came to a few minutes later. I couldn't stand up for another 5 or so, I was overwhelmed by the sheer intensity of the body high.

Don't know if it was the ultra potent shrooms, the lack of food, or the weed though. Sorry :|

Did your friend show any spasms, muscle contractions? Did he remember what happened during that time?

It happened to me a couple of times and it was a radical experience. Since then I don't mix shrooms and weed any more.

Why on earth would someone take 8 grams? Thats a very big dose. He prob couldnt handle the intensity. Ive had simmilar experiences on 4-5gs. I never go beyond 3-3.5g.

I've passed out briefly on mushrooms before - I can offer no good explanation - but it happened & I took no harm from the experience.

Pass out or Black out? One of my first trips was 5.4g in a tea. Way too much, ended up lying down on my bed, just enduring the overwhelming onslaught I was experiencing. I distinctly had a period of about an hour that I was just not there. I didn't fall asleep (that was out of the question) but I had no memory of the previous hour. I remember waking up and thinking "what was that? Did I pass out?" but it didn't feel like sleep.

It's as if your mind or brain is so overwhelmed and overloaded that it just says "that's enough, shut down time" as a possible safety measure of some sort.

^ Both actually - the experience I referred to in the abiove post was simply passing out - I've blacked out on mushrooms due to sensory overload before but I was referring to just passing out on a relatively low dose - some 35 liberty caps - my blackout was on 500 liberty caps

hmm interesting. Maybe if someone got enough of those tired yawns while coming up they could possibly just pass out for a nap. Don't know much about liberty caps but the latter dose sounds rather interesting 8(

probably because they were not used to taking high doses of psilo. can fall asleep sometimes on trytamines sometimes though.

The yawns I pretty much always get on mushrooms but i don't believe it's got anything to do with passing out.