European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

cheap but not trashy euro holiday destinations

jancrow

Bluelighter
OK. I have not much money and my gf and I badly need a holiday.

I keep starting looking at destinations and dithering and spending a couple of hours going from site to site and not even settling on a country, so I thought I'd crowdsource it (ha ha) by asking you lot what you'd recommend, whether that be a country, a region or just a useful website. Obviously I'd be happier if you just handed me something amazing on a plate. Looking to go in June, beginning or end.

Criteria:

> Not full of cocks, yobs, cunts, nobs or wankers. Ideally not too busy.
> I don't care about drug availability or throbbing nightlife
> Good food
> Cheap
> Sea (not a total deal breaker but ideal)
> Something else to do when the beach gets boring
> As cheap as possible
> Ideally not Portugal as we've been not that long ago
> If we need to hire a car then so be it. It would be better if we didn't have to.

<3

Croatia? Not sure how cheap that is these days.

Or Turkey, if you can get reasonable flights then once you're out there it's cheap.

Thanks! Both are on my radar. Have you been to anywhere in either? My friendly kebab shop man recommends 'Bodrum, boss, is my favourite place in whole of Turkey' but I fear it might be slightly 18-30 and I am a bit outside the top end of that bracket.

Yep! We went to Dubrovnik about 5 years ago which was lovely but very touristy in the main town and massively busy on cruise ship days, but outside of there was pretty classy and relaxed.. There's not masses to do other than the usual seaside stuff though and I found the locals a bit grumpy though.

We stayed in Turkey on a teeny budget a few years ago around the Fethiye area, was October so got a hotel room half-board for £3.50pppn(!) Stayed in Ovacik which was a little village but decent enough for a base and there's loads of tours around (these guys were great - http://www.caroletayfun.com/). Fethiye itself seemed okay, Calis beach near there was lovely, had a boat trip to Dalyan which looked nice too. If you can get flights to Dalaman I'd recommend that area.. I think Bodrum is meant to be pretty upmarket and well out of our sort of budget, same goes for places like Alacati.

fuck Bodrum.

Dalyan is nice, used to go there for weekends when I lived in Izmir. Even that's getting spoilt now.

Istanbul, you'd love the place jancrow. I promise you.

I've always found Tuscany cheap if you stay in the arse end of no where. The type of place that only has one shop in the village/hamlet which is a bar/newsagent/tobacconist all in one. You can usually eat out for about 25 euro for a pretty decent meal. Ryanair fly to pisa for pretty cheap. Stay away from Pisa/florence/siena if cheap is your thing.

I spent 6 months living in Nice, found a cheap bedsit with tv, kitchenette and glimpses of the ocean from a little Juliette balcony. I would shop at the open air market a couple of blocks away and spent my days drinking cheap red wine and admiring art history. I think we survived on less than £30 a day.

If I was going on holiday I would hire a yacht and sail off the coast of Croatia.

Brighton?

Good food. Cheap. Sea. Stuff to do when the beach gets boring. Not Portugal.

Oh, and icelolly.com is handy for pointing you in the direction of places with a good combinations of cheap flights and accommodation. I tend to search on there for inspiration, not sure I'd recommend booking with them though.

OK. I have not much money and my gf and I badly need a holiday.

I keep starting looking at destinations and dithering and spending a couple of hours going from site to site and not even settling on a country, so I thought I'd crowdsource it (ha ha) by asking you lot what you'd recommend, whether that be a country, a region or just a useful website. Obviously I'd be happier if you just handed me something amazing on a plate. Looking to go in June, beginning or end.

Criteria:

> Not full of cocks, yobs, cunts, nobs or wankers. Ideally not too busy.
> I don't care about drug availability or throbbing nightlife
> Good food
> Cheap
> Sea (not a total deal breaker but ideal)
> Something else to do when the beach gets boring
> As cheap as possible
> Ideally not Portugal as we've been not that long ago
> If we need to hire a car then so be it. It would be better if we didn't have to.

<3

I've analysed your requirements and have come up with the following options.

1) Naples
It's full of disease ridden people but not yobs or cunts. It's very cheap as no one goes to Naples to holiday. By the sea and can fly to direct. This one is an RLP European destination top tip.

2) Jeddah
Setting your sights a bit further afield could yield the adventure of a life time. No one is a cunt in Saudi Arabia because being so would result in hanging. Not particularly cheap but, yet again a seaside destination and isn't Portugal. If you've got the money I would recommend this.

3) Liverpool.
It's full of thieves rather than cocks, yobs, cunts etc. It's cheap and there is free food scattered on pavements. Excellent location by the sea and yep, you guessed it, it isn't Portugal.

If you go to naples you can visit pompeii which is a pretty interesting day out. It also has some of the best pizzerias in Italy I believe. Tbe drivers there are off their nut, proper mentalists.

I second Croatia. Split is lovely -- nice beaches, cheap, calm but fun. Ljubljana (Slovenia) is even better, but no beach.

I spent 6 months living in Nice, found a cheap bedsit with tv, kitchenette and glimpses of the ocean from a little Juliette balcony. I would shop at the open air market a couple of blocks away and spent my days drinking cheap red wine and admiring art history. I think we survived on less than £30 a day.

How did you manage that kind of deal?! Such an expensive area :?

jancrow, Amsterdam is surprisingly cheap considering how cool it is. Or you could also go to Spain or Greece or basically all the countries that aren't doing so great right now and whose prices are very low to attract tourists :\

how about poland? i loved my time there, lovely town and cities, plenty of history... there are some seaside resorts but i particularly liked the lakes in the northeast... gdansk was great as was krakow...

Morocco?

You can have culture, beach, activity etc type of holiday for pretty cheap price if you are willing to compromise on accommodation.

Quick shifty at Expedia brings up a week beginning of June, flight (from London) and hotel cheapest price £310 each - that was for both Marrakesh or the coastal resorts.

It's a fantastic place, beautiful quality of light and landscapes - from desert, mountains to pretty fishing villages on the coast, then there's the moorish design and culture, delicious food. Negatives - you get hassled a lot, booze isn't so cheap as its mostly Muslim, same goes with scimpy dress for ladies in some areas.

It's so very, very hot in June %)

How's your French?

Been there twice, would go back again.

Calpe, north of Benidorm. Not trashy like Benidorm! Gorgeous little resort, quiet, tidy, lovely beach, big mountain called the Penon del Fach to climb, it's hard work but there's cats to feed at the top! Lol We stayed here for 10 days in November about 5 years ago, it was well cheap about £20 a night for a nice apartment. Obviiously, it was well quiet in November, but still nice & warm in the sun. My gf had her first doses of MDMA here & we plan to return sometime when we can afford it (yeah, right!). The Costa Blanca is probably my most favourite part of the world to visit other than Southern Africa, but the flights are cheaper ;)

calpe-apartment-spanish-rentals-calpe-beach-24655.jpg
1597-130483.jpg