VPA Mod Spot Open - Apply Within

Lingo

Ex-Bluelighter
The lovely Ms. JungleFaerie is stepping down from her position as Moderator of Visual & Performing Arts.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send an e-mail to NeoMagic, RadarLove and I with your application.
Give a brief description of who you are and what you could contribute to the forum. What is your artistic outlet? Why do you think you would be a good mod?
If applicable, send links or reviews of your work.
Some things to keep in mind when applying:
1) JungleFaerie played a MAJOR role in this forum. The new mod will have some pretty big shoes to fill. Only apply if you are SERIOUS and PASSIONATE about the topics VPA deals with.
2) The new mod will be responsible for maintaining this forum (Visual & Performing Arts) AS WELL as it's sister forum, the Visual & Performing Arts Portfolio. While these are relatively low-traffic forums, they will still take a great deal of commitment.
3) VPA has always been geared more towards graphic design and movie discussions, but that doesn't mean other artists aren't welcome. We welcome ALL artists, no matter what media they use. Hopefully, this will help VPA grow and expand into a much richer, more diverse forum that appeals to a wider audience. If you are an interpretive dancer, performance artist, painter, actor, dancer, we want YOU!
Again, this is for SERIOUS APPLICANTS ONLY. If you are just looking for a mod title, please don't waste our time.
Adios,
Steve
(VPA mods, if I missed anything, please feel free to edit/amend this as you see fit)
[ 02 December 2002: Message edited by: Lingo ]

Lingo, great job....not to step on any toes, but can I suggest the following amendments:
1. If you want to apply, send an email to all three mods discussing everything that Lingo mentioned. Do not reply to this thread.
2. Please do not nominate other people on this thread or discuss who should get the position. If someone wants to apply, they need to submit an email application. The applicant's merits and qualifications will need to stand on their own.
This is not a popularity contest and seniority does not matter....it needs to be someone who has the time and dedication to put effort into VPA/VPA Portfolio. That can't be emphasized enough.
[ 02 December 2002: Message edited by: Catch-22 ]

I will take the liberty to use this space in this public thread to comment on JungleFairie's bomb-diggety effort to make this one of BL's more stimulating forums. A big thank you and a big bow-down. Major props.

Again, as Steve said, Chrissie left some big, honking shoes to fill. And that's not just because she has big smelly bunion-riddled feet, either. Steve and Neo and I have always had the whole "Film and Art Critiqueing" end of things covered, but *jf* was alllllllll about the design end of things. So bear this in mind.
Now......WOW US!!!!

it might be helpful to list the responsibilities of a moderator - are they written up anywhere?
namaste
alasdair

^^^^
good call....
.....first responsibility of V&PA moderator: to list the V&PA moderator responsibilities.
:D :D :D

respect & uphold the v&p guidelines
on second thought i outta update these guidelines, it has been awile since they were written and we need a movie/tvshow format guideline.
[ 05 December 2002: Message edited by: NeoMagic ]

thanks. is there a closing date for applications?
all the best
alasdair

allow myself, to introduce... myself
Im housekid, some know me, some don't. But those that do probably know that im a graphic design student, about a year in, and about a year from graduating with my BA.
I mostly enjoy working with print, logos, and package design.
I've been an artist my whole life, from coloring books to computers. I also paint and do other random artist things. :)
Ive been on BL for awhile now and believe i know how this thing works :)
Im also on the board many many hours of the day, and while i dont post as often as i should in these forums, i do frequent them very often and would contribute much more as a mod.
Thanks
Peace!

hrmm..lets say the closing date is in late december, after christmas. that way we'll have a spankin new mod for 2003 :D

Alright we've decided to shorten the date. The official cutoff date for VPA mod applications is now late thursday (12/12) night, we will be appointing the new mod on friday the 13th (12/13).
[ 09 December 2002: Message edited by: NeoMagic ]

Yeah, I advised them all against the Friday the 13th thing...but did they listen to me? Noooooo!!! Well we'll see who's laughing when UBB crashes and VPA bursts into flames, won't we???

Yayyyyy for wanderlust!!!! Now there's finally someone to pick up Steve's, Neo's, and my slack again!!! ;)

congratulations wanderlust!
make me proud or expect a firm spanking :D