• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

⫸STICKY⫷ [*OLD*] EADD Thread Index v. Where's the xxxx thread?

knock

Bluelighter
THE EADD THREAD INDEX

Welcome to the new EADD Thread Index. Are you lost? Are you looking for a specific thread but don't know how to find it? Are you wondering what delights EADD has to offer? If you've answered yes to any of these questions, then you've come to the right place! Below you will find the contents of the index split up into nifty categories. Simply click on the desired category & it'll take you to the section of the index with the relevant threads.

If you can't find what you are looking for in the index, then I encourage you to UTFSE. (Use the Fucking Search Engine!)

----------------------------------------------------​

If you have any suggestions for additions, find a broken link or link to an old (archived) thread, or have anything else you want to add... please leave a comment!:)

knock said:
NOTE TO MODS - this will only work if it gets updated when you create a new thread, e.g. when you archive and create a new "megathread".

ALSO it will only work if when some idiot creates a new thread where a perfectly good one already exists, the new thread is merged with the existing thread.

Finally, there is no point tracking ephemeral threads in here. That is, threads that have limited popularity. I think it's fine just to let them get lost.

I have broken this rule already by listing the inspirational stuff thread. But that's just because power corrupts, and I have been corrupted. =D

But maybe ephemeral threads should be merged, some new threads are just gibberings, for example.

PLUR!

Last edited by a moderator:
Harm Reduction

Useful Resources, Directories & Indexes From Outside of EADD

Selected Threads From Outside of EADD

BL Wiki

**Note** Some of these links are more regularly updated than others whilst some are now archived so if in you are in any doubt over the current status or relevance of any information given please contact a staff member or start a thread in the relevant forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!

I'd just like to make sure Shambles get's his credit where due because he was the one who put most of it into bullet points & updated some links before I fixed the remaining broken links & did the design stuff. <3

Last edited:
Wow, that's so organised, great new structure and categorisation. Well done for getting that sorted.

Nice one %)

I'd just like to make sure Shambles get's his credit where due because he was the one who put most of it into bullet points & updated some links before I fixed the remaining broken links & did the design stuff. <3

Did I?

I'm happy to take credit when it's due or otherwise so in this suggested case I'll presume that was during one of my many blackouts ;)

Really is looking much more user-friendly all the same and believe me I know how much of a slog it is doing this kinda thing (my first ever modjob was updating the pre-pre-installed version of the then Index *waves at felix*) so many thanks for slogging through it and producing something of real value to us all <3

I also created an anti-depressant and substance combination thread. Not sure if its worth merging that thread with the older one you linked above. My own thread descended into squabbling but iirc all that was removed and a semi-worthwile thread of info was left intact at the end of the tidying up.

*waves back at shambo*

This a huge and impressive piece of work. I know from experience how tedious and time-consuming it is. :!

However. Can I just throw something out there, that might be considered for a future iteration?

If indeed you all think those categories are easy to apply to every thread...

1) Get a friendly admin to enable "tag prefixes" in EADD, and create all the required prefixes with nice colour codes.
2) You can then either force users to choose a prefix on creation of a thread, or make it optional. Mods would always be able to change them later.
3) Make one sticky thread with only one post required, which would provide links for all those prefixes. For example, click <here> to show all (social) threads, click <here> to show all (drug) threads.
4) This would also provide the facility to search by prefix within the advanced search function too.

I dunno if the use of prefixes has fallen out of favour recently or not, but there's definitely scope there if you want to categorise things in a clear & easily searchable manner. There are a few forums still using prefixes, but they don't seem to be taking advantage of number 3) above.

Doing this would eliminate the tedious busywork required to keep everything up to date. The system does it all for you. :)

I also created an anti-depressant and substance combination thread. Not sure if its worth merging that thread with the older one you linked above. My own thread descended into squabbling but iirc all that was removed and a semi-worthwile thread of info was left intact at the end of the tidying up.

The one I linked is in another sub-forum, although if you have one... feel free to point me in the right direction & I'll include our EADD version in the relevant section. You'll notice I did that with CWE.

However. Can I just throw something out there, that might be considered for a future iteration?

If indeed you all think those categories are easy to apply to every thread...

1) Get a friendly admin to enable "tag prefixes" in EADD, and create all the required prefixes with nice colour codes.

Are those different from the standard prefixes, or is that what you mean? The only one we have is recruitment. I do sort of think that prefixes might not be so much use in a more social based forum... would just look a bit cluttered. Certainly a good suggestion though for whomever comes along to update / overhaul this down the road.

Is there a currently reading/books recommendations thread?