Bluelight

Thread: EADD Thread Index v. Where's the xxxx thread?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    EADD Thread Index v. Where's the xxxx thread? 
    THE EADD THREAD INDEX

Welcome to the new EADD Thread Index. Are you lost? Are you looking for a specific thread but don't know how to find it? Are you wondering what delights EADD has to offer? If you've answered yes to any of these questions, then you've come to the right place! Below you will find the contents of the index split up into nifty categories. Simply click on the desired category & it'll take you to the section of the index with the relevant threads.

If you can't find what you are looking for in the index, then I encourage you to UTFSE. (Use the Fucking Search Engine!)

----------------------------------------------------

Mobile & Desktop Views

For those who you who prefer the full site or the mobile skin here are links to take to whichever you prefer...

Contents:

If you have any suggestions for additions, find a broken link or link to an old (archived) thread, or have anything else you want to add... please leave a comment!

Spoiler for "Note for Mods:
    Quote Originally Posted by knock
    NOTE TO MODS - this will only work if it gets updated when you create a new thread, e.g. when you archive and create a new "megathread".

ALSO it will only work if when some idiot creates a new thread where a perfectly good one already exists, the new thread is merged with the existing thread.

Finally, there is no point tracking ephemeral threads in here. That is, threads that have limited popularity. I think it's fine just to let them get lost.

I have broken this rule already by listing the inspirational stuff thread. But that's just because power corrupts, and I have been corrupted.

But maybe ephemeral threads should be merged, some new threads are just gibberings, for example.

PLUR!
    Last edited by Shambles; 30-03-2016 at 21:49. Reason: New version - P.L.U.R.

2. Collapse Details

Last edited by Shambles; 02-03-2017 at 01:32. Reason: update

3. Collapse Details

Harm Reduction

Useful Resources, Directories & Indexes From Outside of EADD

Selected Threads From Outside of EADD

BL Wiki

**Note** Some of these links are more regularly updated than others whilst some are now archived so if in you are in any doubt over the current status or relevance of any information given please contact a staff member or start a thread in the relevant forum.
    Last edited by Shambles; 23-11-2016 at 17:58. Reason: V2 Opi WD.

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details

Last edited by Sprout; 08-04-2016 at 12:18. Reason: NPS Bill V2...

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details

10. Collapse Details

11. Collapse Details

Last edited by Shambles; 17-03-2016 at 19:03.

12. Collapse Details

European & African Drug Discussion
    Thumbs up
    That is all.

13. Collapse Details

Thanks!

I'd just like to make sure Shambles get's his credit where due because he was the one who put most of it into bullet points & updated some links before I fixed the remaining broken links & did the design stuff.
    Last edited by Chatative; 16-11-2014 at 16:20.

14. Collapse Details

Wow, that's so organised, great new structure and categorisation. Well done for getting that sorted.

Nice one

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chatative View Post
    I'd just like to make sure Shambles get's his credit where due because he was the one who put most of it into bullet points & updated some links before I fixed the remaining broken links & did the design stuff.
    Did I?

I'm happy to take credit when it's due or otherwise so in this suggested case I'll presume that was during one of my many blackouts

Really is looking much more user-friendly all the same and believe me I know how much of a slog it is doing this kinda thing (my first ever modjob was updating the pre-pre-installed version of the then Index *waves at felix*) so many thanks for slogging through it and producing something of real value to us all

16. Collapse Details

The vagabond who's rapping at your door, standing in the clothes that you once wore.
    I also created an anti-depressant and substance combination thread. Not sure if its worth merging that thread with the older one you linked above. My own thread descended into squabbling but iirc all that was removed and a semi-worthwile thread of info was left intact at the end of the tidying up.

17. Collapse Details

*waves back at shambo*

This a huge and impressive piece of work. I know from experience how tedious and time-consuming it is.

However. Can I just throw something out there, that might be considered for a future iteration?

If indeed you all think those categories are easy to apply to every thread...

1) Get a friendly admin to enable "tag prefixes" in EADD, and create all the required prefixes with nice colour codes.
    2) You can then either force users to choose a prefix on creation of a thread, or make it optional. Mods would always be able to change them later.
    3) Make one sticky thread with only one post required, which would provide links for all those prefixes. For example, click <here> to show all (social) threads, click <here> to show all (drug) threads.
    4) This would also provide the facility to search by prefix within the advanced search function too.

I dunno if the use of prefixes has fallen out of favour recently or not, but there's definitely scope there if you want to categorise things in a clear & easily searchable manner. There are a few forums still using prefixes, but they don't seem to be taking advantage of number 3) above.

Doing this would eliminate the tedious busywork required to keep everything up to date. The system does it all for you.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mydrugbuddy View Post
    I also created an anti-depressant and substance combination thread. Not sure if its worth merging that thread with the older one you linked above. My own thread descended into squabbling but iirc all that was removed and a semi-worthwile thread of info was left intact at the end of the tidying up.
    The one I linked is in another sub-forum, although if you have one... feel free to point me in the right direction & I'll include our EADD version in the relevant section. You'll notice I did that with CWE.

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    However. Can I just throw something out there, that might be considered for a future iteration?

If indeed you all think those categories are easy to apply to every thread...

1) Get a friendly admin to enable "tag prefixes" in EADD, and create all the required prefixes with nice colour codes.
    Are those different from the standard prefixes, or is that what you mean? The only one we have is recruitment. I do sort of think that prefixes might not be so much use in a more social based forum... would just look a bit cluttered. Certainly a good suggestion though for whomever comes along to update / overhaul this down the road.

19. Collapse Details

Is there a currently reading/books recommendations thread?

20. Collapse Details

It's in the culture section.

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chatative View Post
    Are those different from the standard prefixes, or is that what you mean? The only one we have is recruitment. I do sort of think that prefixes might not be so much use in a more social based forum... would just look a bit cluttered. Certainly a good suggestion though for whomever comes along to update / overhaul this down the road.
    No such thing as a standard prefix; the admins can make whatever ones are required.

I wouldn't agree that prefixes make a forum look cluttered - witness their popular use in Other Drugs. For some reason BL seems to have removed all the headers that used to contain useful search filters for them. I dunno why they did that.

Anyway, if you ever feel the need to utilise them in some way, that's great and it was worth pointing this feature out again.

I just kinda feel that going to so much work keeping these lists up to date is enabling the laziness of users and their reluctance to use the search function. I personally wouldn't spend my time doing that, except maybe for the HR/drug discussion stuff. Just my tuppence worth, take it or leave it.

22. Collapse Details

Hey, great work. Must have taken a lot of time to compile all that. I feel a little guilty for my outburst the other day now.

23. Collapse Details

this, great work guys.

An alternative to the prefix tags popular in OD, that doesn't clutter up the thread titles, would be the way that they do it in TR, with the tag embedded in the first post, and the directory containing links to searches for the tag.

24. Collapse Details

Do we have a productivity/shit we've gotten done and would like to get done thread?

25. Collapse Details

*titters*

Of course not - this is EADD

That's not to say we couldn't perhaps do with one...

(hint)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast