• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

idea for making edibles w/o smell...

gearfiend

Bluelighter
so i was thinking last night and after about the third bowl i was thinking i should make edibles sometime. ive never tried them before and they sound rather pleasant, but the problem i have is that i absolutely cannot have the smell in the house. this led me to try and think of ways to make edibles without making the house reek of weed.

what if i were to take butter and heat it to approximately 15-20 degrees higher than the temperature at which THC decarboxylates, grind up the bud and put it in a thermos, then pour the butter which is at this temperature, into the thermos. then put the lid on and shake/swirl the thermos for a little while.

would this produce cannabutter without making the house smell? i would open/close the thermos outside and everything...

Honestly, making edibles doesn't smell that much. Besides, what smell their is doesn't really smell like fresh or smoked cannabis.

The best way to make edibles is with bubble hash as your source of cannabinoids. It will make the edibles taste much better.(like regular food) Better yet, in your situation it would be perfect since there will be very little to no smell. It certainly wouldn't smell like bud.

I don't think your thermos idea will do anything for the smell.

Bubble hash usually refers to a method of making high quality hash using ice water and mesh screened bags. Having a minimal amount of plant material makes for better edibles.

making cannabutter on the stove doesn't smell that much, at least in my experience. my mother was in the livingroom which is connected to the kitchen and wasn't complaining about the smell (;

alright thanks for the input guys. guess ill just make edibles then. id just heard several times that it would reek of weed in the house for at least a day when making edibles

nah not really. of course when making the butter it will smell a little bit, but not extremely. just watch out with the temperature when baking that shit. i gave my sister some cannabutter once to bake themselves some nice muffins and forgot to tell her not to turn the oven over 170°C. the muffins were inactive when they ate them.

You do not need heat for THC to attach to a lipid.

Take a pot of water and fill it up halfway, and melt the butter or coconut oil or whatever in it.
Coffee grind up your shake/bud and put it in the pot.
Stir until all the material is covered by the melted butter, then take it off the heat and put it in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, just reheat and strain.

Salutations,

Coconut oil causes an obvious smell when heated but it doesn't taste as much in "Double Chocolate Chunk" cookies so i picked a recipe calling for 8 to 10 minutes @ 177 °C (350 °F), lowered my oven setting to 163 °C (325 °F) and gave it some more time while taking care no to overdo it (texture hardens badly once cool & dry)... This particular commercially-available ready-made mix required 1 egg, 25 ml of milk or water (2 table spoons) and 50 ml of vegetal oil. In my case coconut oil was prefered with ~4 g of liquid lecithin added because the later is said to be a "potentiator". So, i strained it after i leaving still-green VG left-overs stirr in it for an hour or so in a double-boiler @ 87.5 °C (190 °F). That later test wasn't conclusive so i gather i'll need to find a recipe which still works at ~150 °C (300 °F) instead.

Suggestions?

:?

You can water cure your weed before you cook with it, which makes for an even tastier experience in my opinion, and drastically cuts down the smell (or at least distributes it over a far longer period so it's less noticeable).

Just cover all your buds in water, change the water every day, after about a week a whole lot of green and most of the smell and other random gunk will be gone, and you'll be left with weed that once dried weighs substantially less, but is precisely as strong as the weed you had before (so stronger by weight). THC isn't water soluble so you lose nothing of value, and the smell is vastly reduced. I'd also assume it dissolves in the oil a lot quicker, but I've never rushed the process so I cant say :)

Brownies are generally cooked at a cooler temperature.

Making tincture from water cured weed gives you possibly the most beautiful looking liquid known to man :)

cold infusion is the way to go honestly with decarbed bud or ABV it is super easy just let it sit in nutella for a few days and it will just get stronger and stronger.....pm for any recipes

so i was thinking last night and after about the third bowl i was thinking i should make edibles sometime. ive never tried them before and they sound rather pleasant, but the problem i have is that i absolutely cannot have the smell in the house. this led me to try and think of ways to make edibles without making the house reek of weed.

what if i were to take butter and heat it to approximately 15-20 degrees higher than the temperature at which THC decarboxylates, grind up the bud and put it in a thermos, then pour the butter which is at this temperature, into the thermos. then put the lid on and shake/swirl the thermos for a little while.

would this produce cannabutter without making the house smell? i would open/close the thermos outside and everything...

well even though cooking with weed doesnt really smell too bad anyone who has ever cooked with weed will definitely recognize the smell. theres one recipe that is retard easy and you dont need to make canna butter or oil. just make fire crackers. all you have to do is generously apply peanut butter to 2 saltines (not low fat pb) then put between 0.5 and 1 gram of finely ground bud on the crackers, wrap in foil and bake for like 20 min. there is pretty much no smell.

if you are determined to make canna butter or canna oil you can always make it and then purposely burn a frozen pizza in the oven and that will cover the smell up completely

Salutations TDOOMX,

cold infusion... ...pm for any recipes...

I've already identified a locally available no-name cake mix which cooks at 325 °F (163 °C), but it's the white vanilla stuff anyway and i want coconut oil to be use with lecithin, so i'll look at infusion recipes i guess. Thanks.

=D

Salutations TDOOMX,

I've already identified a locally available no-name cake mix which cooks at 325 °F (163 °C), but it's the white vanilla stuff anyway and i want coconut oil to be use with lecithin, so i'll look at infusion recipes i guess. Thanks.

=D

I have a fantastic coconut oil recipe where you just cap it up and let it harden boom thc pills with coconut oil also fantastic for your brain! Another great one I have involved thc infused bacon. I am veg but my friends love brunch at my place! I'd love to give you and exchange recipes EGO!

Look up weed firecrackers. It's just Nutella, weed, crackers wrapped on the foil. I can make them with my mom near me and she doesn't smell it lol and they get you really high

This one damn near put me out of commission at work lol

NSFW:
6A50062A-2852-4CC4-8C84-866A5E82B765-18209-00001C1EC7A7B7DC.jpg

That's .8 of dank and .3 of kief. PM me and ill give you the exact way to make it

I'm far too lazy and baked to read your question or the replies but heres an awesome way to make edible weed that gives you an excellent high and takes less than 30 mins, the recipe is easy too! only needs peanut butter, weed and a cracker
http://crackers.kisps.net/