• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Charlie Clean

StoneHappyMonday

Bluelighter
Im really sorry and incredibly sad to announce the death of Charlie Clean.

Charlie got in touch with me at the beginning of March to tell me he was dying. Inoperable lung cancer, both lungs. He was given 4-6 weeks to live without radical radiotherapy, and 2-3 months with the intervention. Charlie took the radiotherapy and lasted just five weeks.

I have many things to say about Charlie and some final words to share but forgive me for not being able to do that right now.

Bluelight has just lost one of its very best ever.

Peace and love Charlie. Peace and love.

<3 <3 <3

oh fucking hell thats so sad:( . i saw him post from time to time, sound person. thoughts are with his friends and family <3

Rest In Peace, Charlie. I enjoyed reading your contributions to EADD. We won't forget you.

fiercely intelligent and yet incredibly modest. eadd truly is the poorer for this. rip charlie

fuck... thanks for letting us know, shm

Jesus Christ not another one.

R.I.P. Charlie Clean, I remember his writing style as he stood out among the average, had a lot of interesting stories to tell, shame he's gone.

R.I.P Charlie Clean - thoughts go out to his family and friends at this time.

Shit .

What a brilliant inspirational & intelligent poster he was .

A true gent , with Stories for days .

He will be really missed both here & also in another Forum where he was even more active .
Always trying to spread the Harm Reduction Gospel .

THe amount of people this guy helped with their scripts & other problems surrounding addiction is amazing . A legend in his own right.

I'll be thinking about you mate . Shame we never got round to having that Coffe .

R.I.P <3 Charlie Clean / Derek DJ

Last edited:
Very sad to hear this, his posts were always interesting and witty.

Charlie clean was one of the best and most intelligent BLers i've have ever the pleasure of chatting with, my thoughts are with his friends and family and with our family here on BL, he will be sorely missed but not forgotten R.I.P our brother

Acidtek

RIP Charlie and much love to his friends and family. I know all too well how they must be feeling :(

Noo... Charlie Clean. :(
Rest in peace dude.

A valuable figure has been lost. <3
R.I.P

Fuck. Not Charlie. :(

I don't think there was anyone more "on-message" than he was, cutting through the bullshit with his insightful and incisive postings.

At least he's not suffering anymore. So let's not sit around feeling sorry for ourselves; but instead read his legacy of words, work up a bit of righteous anger and then get out there and finish the job of spreading the harm reduction message. And don't ever let anyone tell you you're less than human.

Bye, Charlie. <3 We never met, but I'll be joining you soon. Just not yet, if I can help it .....

You're joking me. No more. He seemed highly intelligent and knew so much and had so much to say. Again a waste of a very talented person and leaves another hole in the sky where there should be a star. 5 in 2013. Shocking. I hope he enjoyed the years he had.

He was friendly and supportive. RIP. <3 Not quite as prolific as mugz and FT, but charlies posts were always worth reading. When are we calling this place blacklight.ru

Horrible news. Charlie was a total legend from literally his first post here. Seeing "Last reply: Chalie Clean" always meant a thread worth checking. Each post was an absolute gem. Somebody needs to collect the lot and produce a book of Clean Wisdom. One of my fave posters who will be much missed. Always wanted to contact him via PM just to say "Hello" and let him know how much his efforts were appreciated. I really wish I had.

Bye-bye, Charlie <3

Concur with all the above comments.

RIP, Charley - thoughts are with family and friends <3