• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP Charlie Clean

Some of you will know this & i think it's worth putting up seeing as Folk are so interested in Charlie .

The Methadone Alliance is a place where Charlie posted prolifically .

He was such a help on this board . I rekon he would want folk to be aware of it . Especially if you are in Drug Treatment

R.I.P Charlie mate .<3
I'll try n keep spreading the message the best i can .

I had you with me today when i was out . You would have loved it .

Managed to talk a Chemist in to actually understanding the Needle Exchange that was bestowed upon him .

He just needed some input from us .
I explained how important & excellent service they were providing . Compliments always work .

He then ushered me into a Consulting room where i gave him all the "real" info that he needs to do the max. H/R .

He was sincere with thanks & i felt good .
You would have really been proud .

Charlie "Walked the walk" & was very keen that we all do what we can no matter how small it may seem .

His suggestion for a Union for all 300,000 of us is something i will cling on to for ever

Last edited:
Good idea posting that link Brimz,have looked at it for information myself in the past.
Charlie was really helpful regarding any problems with your drug workers etc and would make sure when asked to let you know what they can and can't get away with.He really stood up for addicts rights.

genuinely in tears, absolutely loved to read charlies posts. He really was one of the 3, now 2 people on here I would have done anything for. Im so sad to hear he felt pain in his last days, so fucking sad.

You will never be forgotten on BL, or to many who read his posts.

That's all I can really say, fuckin shocked stunned and gutted.

RIP Charlie Clean \ Derek DJ <3

Fucking hell. Charlie's posts were always great to read. He was an intelligent man, and made me proud to say 'these are the people I interact with and learn from'. At least he's no longer suffering. Sad times. RIP, Derek. :(

Fucking hell. Charlie's posts were always great to read. He was an intelligent man, and made me proud to say 'these are the people I interact with and learn from'. At least he's no longer suffering. Sad times. RIP, Derek. :(

Couldn't have put it better myself. Always thought it would be great to meet the guy and realised now that I did, while his was DJing at Motion and shook his hand which I'm glad of. He will be sadly missed. Documentary on vimeo is really nice.

Charlie's thread on the industry of treatment is one that will stay with me for a very long time. I want to archive it, if nobody objects.

I will miss you posts immensely. Often sat at my desk mulling over your perspective, slowly nodding to what I was reading. Thanks for stopping by and making things classy.

RIP Charlie.

Wow, really shocked to hear of this.

Like a few others , I didnt always agree with what he said. When I flounced off the forum after last summers London Riots in a paranoid haze I felt bad about some of the stuff I had argued about with him.

Upon return I apologised to him in PM, and amazingly he was so gracious about everything, which says a lot about him and his values.

Will be missed.

I was wondering if SHM might be able to share something more from Charlie last few weeks if he has it, sorry if it is inappropriate to ask, I would love to see a photo if him too.

Oh no. A big loss.

Wow, what battles people live with day by day.

RIP Charlie Clean.

Didn't know the girl/boy but it's a shame. Another dead person for EADD. I've never heard of such a demographic with a sadly highly morbidity rate as EADD.

Makes you wonder if we're doing the right thing?

RIP Charlie Clean.

GRIDS, Charlie's death was nothing to do with recreational drug use. Well, possibly cigarettes.

Last edited:
yep, Charlie came here in a time of stress at the daftness of prescribing. I doubt if that helped his health at all. It's ever so sad.

When I was in jail,this last year,he was one of only 3 BL'ers that kept in touch
He even paid me for the bet we had over whether I would/would not do time,despite his GF fucking off and clearing out his bank account
He had confided in my a while back and said the 40 dunhill a day had finally caught up with him
He seemed to have made peace with himself and his fate
He made me promise I wouldn't tell anyone
Proves to me that he was in RL,the same caring and understanding guy that we all met online
Will be sorely missed
oh!one more thing.He did tell me that his condition would mean he could get x30 his regular dose of morphine,so hopefully he was comfortable at the end-he did say the radiotherapy had made him very weak and tired-I expect(hope) he just drifted off to sleep
xxx

Last edited:
I was wondering if SHM might be able to share something more from Charlie last few weeks if he has it, sorry if it is inappropriate to ask, I would love to see a photo if him too.

Today was Charlie's funeral and cremation.

I appreciate what you are asking gannets but what I have from Charlie's last weeks seems inappropriate to share. In truth most of our exchange was my words and the more I read back, the sadder it becomes. Which isn't how Charlie wanted it.

What Charlie wanted was the truth will out. And for us to recognise that the power is in our hands, and that we cannot leave it to others. As drug users we know we live through the biggest lie of our times. It's up to us to continually expose that lie, however we feel best to do so. Now is not forever. And even if change does not come in your lifetime, as it hasn't in Charlie's, you should feel proud, and shout loud, as a sane voice in the wilderness.

RIP man. RIP.

How I wish Charlie was still around now.
He would always give me great advice on how to handle my Drug Service Provider and he had so much knowledge on how the system works for or against us.
I remember how he would get annoyed at folk if they referred to themselves as being 'clean' of drugs as he hated that term as it implies that if you are using drugs then you are somehow unclean.
Much missed man, I looked upon him as a kind of wise uncle.

What Charlie wanted was the truth will out. And for us to recognise that the power is in our hands, and that we cannot leave it to others. As drug users we know we live through the biggest lie of our times. It's up to us to continually expose that lie, however we feel best to do so. Now is not forever. And even if change does not come in your lifetime, as it hasn't in Charlie's, you should feel proud, and shout loud, as a sane voice in the wilderness.

RIP man. RIP.

+1, clever guy, another loss to the forum but a life worth celebrating nonetheless. had always wanted to pm him but never got the chance. <3

What a legend. And it was t the drugs got him but drug mistreatment in the NHS didn't help him. They fucked him around big style. I've got work to do and Charlie on my shoulder.

Today was Charlie's funeral and cremation.

I appreciate what you are asking gannets but what I have from Charlie's last weeks seems inappropriate to share. In truth most of our exchange was my words and the more I read back, the sadder it becomes. Which isn't how Charlie wanted it.

RIP man. RIP.
Ah ah meeeen.