• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Using DXM to potentiate oxycodone

Oxy8_8

Bluelighter
I was previously on oramorph liquid morphine sulphate and used Night Nurse which worked very nicely as a potentiater, especially when I wanted to nod off to sleep at night (I usually have terrible insomnia).

Because Night Nurse also contains 1000mg paracetamol per dose, I never took more than the correct dose, or at least left 4 hours between doses.

I've now got my hands on a similar cough syrup containing dxm without paracetamol so it's safe to take at more recreational doses.

What dose of dxm is a good amount to potentiate the oxy and make me nice and sleepy but DEFINITELY NOT enough to cause any derealization or hallucinations (including closed-eye hallucinations).
I suffer from anxiety and any of that sort of thing would give me massive anxiety and panic attacks.
I never do uppers because even too much caffeine makes me anxious.

I've not been sleeping lately and oxy alone doesn't seem to work so I do need this. Can anyone with experience help me out here with dosing?

I do well with about 45mg of dxm. Im 5'8", 200lbs. It makes a difference, at least to me. I would call it more of a synergy than potentiation, though. You'll need less oxy too.

Good call! I've found you only need the recommended dose on the bottle, at most, to get the desired effects.

I started with 30-45mg of DXM for opioid and benzo tolerance prevention through NMDA antagonism, since I felt at 60mg the dissociative effect from the non-voltage dependent NMDA antagonism diminished or overpowered the opioid high. However, I eventually gained a tolerance to that and am now using 90-120mg DXM polystirex (extended release HBr found in Delsym) daily to keep opioid and benzo tolerance at bay, as an SRI anxiolytic, and as a sigma 1 agonist, and I would say it has worked decently well in all three aspects. While it doesn't completely prevent tolerance to the euphoric effects of opioids, but has certainly helped prevent tolerance to its analgesic effects.

Ketamine and MXE are non-voltage dependent as well, which is why they also can produce a significant dissociative effect, while more limited, voltage-dependent antagonists such as chelated Magnesium, Zinc, etc. won't help with tolerance increase prevention as much as DXM, K, and MXE (the latter two are too addictive to be used for this purpose, imo). Btw, to answer your question, it potentiates spinal analgesia with opiates, and also "potentiates" most opioids mostly through CYP2D6 inhibition, preventing elimination of opioids from the bloodstream.

Last edited:
I think its rather dumb and cross fades the effect, eat 2 tagemet stomach acid pills 30 mins before hand best op potentiator IMO