• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25C-NBOMe death in Texas

I am against humans taking these as well. "Not worth it" comes to mind.

If I regret taking any drug in my life it is 25D-... I may have been sensitive. My initial dose was high... But I spit it out before much of it made it in. My body just screamed "wrong".

Like some say some can dose 4 mg and some die from 1... Russian Roulette. Your life is way too important.

These things belong in a lab. They should only be used on, if they exist, neuronal growth things in a petri dish. Horrible way to die. I feel I came close, and "what a fuckin waste".

My point still stands though, just change "not exist" to "not being widely advertised or distributed". I am willing to bet that if the 2C phenethylamines had not been banned these derivatives would be nothing more than a curiosity only really used by research chemicals aficionados.
Absolutely true.

I would seldom say this but these 2ci derivatives should not be available. The only reason they exist is to circumvent laws on the decent phens. The dosage ranges are just asking for trouble. Of course if governments hadn't banned the originals.....

Agreed.

Even if taking magnesium helps, what you might want to ask yourself is if you think tripping on this stuff is worth taking a drug that makes you need magnesium to keep you alive - if you catch my drift. My point is not a literal one, but about different ways to think about this.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? On the NBOMe threads I've recommended taking magnesium or bathing with epsom salts to ease some of the muscle tension and vasoconstriction, but personally in my 20+ trips on 25I and 25C these were minor annoyances at most. I've certainly never felt like it was a matter of life or death. I get far less leg muscle and jaw tension from 25C or 25I compared to what I would get on DOx or MDxx. (This is with oral/buccal admin of all of these substances, and of course everyone is different, YMMV, etc.)

Also, they took 2mg each, the two boys.

The very best miligram scales aren't accurate enough for this compound. If this was in powder form / untitrated somehow then you can be sure their dose was probably a lot higher than 2mg. I and many others have taken accurately 2mg with no problems.

However, 400 micrograms of 25C-NBOMe caused vasoconstriction that lasted for 2 to 3 weeks last time I took it. Certainly I will not be taking any NBOMe's again after that. I have beautiful LSD blotters I'm afraid to take if there are lingering effects. I feel like I could be a little "off" in the legs still but could be placebo at this point.

Also this would be the third death in Texas. There is the 2 mentioned in this article as well as another boy from the Houston area who thought he had ingested LSD. Expect the ban hammer soon folks.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by this? On the NBOMe threads I've recommended taking magnesium or bathing with epsom salts to ease some of the muscle tension and vasoconstriction, but personally in my 20+ trips on 25I and 25C these were minor annoyances at most. I've certainly never felt like it was a matter of life or death. I get far less leg muscle and jaw tension from 25C or 25I compared to what I would get on DOx or MDxx. (This is with oral/buccal admin of all of these substances, and of course everyone is different, YMMV, etc.)

Well I guess I mistook 'non-OD cases' which is a cryptic term IMO because there are people who apparently OD'ed on doses that were not an OD quantity for others. So the reason I commented on that is that it seemed that it was implied that magnesium or enzyme deficiencies could be a gamechanger regarding whether you may OD or not on a dose that is not that unreasonable on average. My point was that if it can be a little tricky to gauge the effectivity of absorption and if these compounds can be that fickle regarding idiosyncratic severe reactions, I don't think supplementing magnesium takes my worries away.

"YMMV" certainly reminds us that there are always shifting margins, but if the therapeutic index of these compounds is unacceptable to me personally - especially if the reasons for that are somewhat mysterious - then I am not so desperate to experiment with these compounds that I am willing to mess around with it. That can be a hard decision for someone who 'collects' unique experiences from psychedelic compounds, but I think it is healthy if we can make such a decision for ourselves. If we cannot, then the guinea pig factor becomes compulsive, and that may be an ailment of the research chemical community that I suffered from - and still do to some extent - but we probably all need to be conscious about.

Last edited:
My feeling is that the therapeutic ratio for NBOMes and the exponential dosing curve is in line with other phenethylamines, and the variability in dosing is coming mainly from inexperienced users and dealers who don't know how to measure sub-milligram doses properly or how to lay blotter consistently and who think it's ok to keep doubling their doses (or more) until they get effects (cuz if it comes on blotters, it must be "just like LSD", right?). I think it's just speculation at this point that the OD cases are due to magnesium deficiencies or whatever, and as far as I know all but one of them have been due to nasal administration of high/unknown doses (the one exception being that one Erowid report of a hospitalization from buccally admin'ed blotter). I don't think experienced users of 2C-x or DOx are having a lot of problems with safely using NBOMes.

have been through this area recently, (south texas general)
acid is predominantly NBOMe handed out like candy to young high schoolers

it is worrisome we can only reach so many, and there is still the ignorant.

the point to me most is the network and kids involved are not aware of anything about other substances
then what they think is "acid" or "molly" etc
current "RC's" are on market in multiple locations in the u.s. i've seen, even etizolam
as in replacing whatever street drug.

i know this i have seen multiple source of LARGE blotters/tabs as well as liquid :/
not getting into what is passed around as or even if mdxx "molly"

Last edited:
it's the fucking greedy online vendors doing this; they ship the nbome in from china and make the tabs/blotter themselves and sell them. It happens WIDE OPEN ON THE INTERNET. I'm not even talking about the kid who orders a gram of 25i and makes blotters for friends. Big vendors are doing this and it is ruining the LSD market and endangering people and the only reason is greed. Fuck those vendors, you are easily found and well known and anyone worthwhile in law enforcement will have you gone before you know it, for once that would be a righteous thing for them to do for the drug community.

and hrmm i bet there's a link to those terrible people distributing drugs in your communities and these vendors, what an easy target for LE, the FBI should hire me.

Obviously it's sad to see a fatality for any reason, & although the argument is flawed, it's tempting to hope some legal tension around recreational drug use might ease around the more popular, safer & illegal compounds like LSD, Psilocybin, MDMA & DMT as a result.

The argument is flawed because even if, for instance, 2c-e were legal, there would still always be some kinda fouled up dosing death or fatal idiosyncratic reactions, or dead hero's who bang too much & end up a statistic, or - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22321487

The real reason to decriminalise the safer & more recreational drugs is so that supplies would be regulated & verified as pure, doses could be controlled, & in the event of medical crisis emergency personnel would be well aware of the correct procedures for the few popular drugs. I'm absolutely certain than many drug users, RC & illegal, die because of the stigmatic fear of the authorities that delays the calling for help or emergency services! This needs to be addressed asap & it's really, genuinely a matter of life & death.

I agree that some people will always be looking for some new experience, but I suspect that the main, basic selection of drugs I've listed above would remain the most preferred & much less RC experimentation would be going on amongst the general public if the long established ones were less illegal. I personally am not necessarilly in favour of cross-the-board legalisation of all drugs simply because I see how much societal & personal harm is caused by the completely free availability of alcohol.

Politically, we need to harden up against alcohol (especially alcohol related violence) & ease up against drug use. It's a long road, many more will fall on it, I'm afraid :(

^ Very well put Si Ingwe

Wow man. The comments on that news article got me heated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there's any doubt what so ever this is not the last NBOMe death we will see. The body count probably won't go a little slower before all western countries, the US and the EU, puts them into schedule 1. Stemming the flow out of China
By now we can see a pattern, it's mostly young kids, teenagers, who die from them. Probably because people at that age are more prone to reckless behaviour.

Right now 1 out of 3 questions here in PD are in regards to NBOMe's. I personally believe that it's time that PD takes an official stance in the matter, and sticky a warning against all NBOMe's at the top of the forum. That they are potentially lethal, That they have killed more people in 1 year than any other psychedelic/research chemical.

I'm not saying we shouldn't discus them here. I'm just of the opinion that PD for the first time should take a stance in this matter, and label the NBOMe's more dangerous than other psychedelics. They might, or might not, actually be more dangerous if used right. But that's unimportant. The NBOMe's have already shown how lethal they are.

Thanks TangerinO!

They might, or might not, actually be more dangerous if used right. But that's unimportant. The NBOMe's have already shown how lethal they are.

Quoted for truth!

Regardless of why NBOMe's are causing health crises & fatality, they are & this needs to be addressed urgently by Bluelight in any way possible. I guess a big sticky !NBOME DANGER DANGER! thread is the best bet for now & we can retract it if it turns out after some time that these new drugs aren't dangerous at all & are simply so widespread & badly handled that they are dangerous only because of that.

But quite possibly, simply because of their strength alone, the NBOMe series of psychedelics are probably the most dangerous psychedelics we've come across yet..? My interest in trying these chemicals at all is now beginning to wain :(

I'm personally unconvinced that we have accurate info regarding the size of the doses involved in these fatalities.

There could be some obscure pharmacological quirk that causes the bomanines to be more unpredictable & dangerous, but my money would be on improper measurement techniques.

If you hear hoof beats think horses, not zebras ;)

That being said, I would say their potency does make them intrinsically more dangerous than most psychedelics. Because of that fact alone no one with out proper equipment & know how should really be handling these things.

Nicelly put Fagott

Right now 1 out of 3 questions here in PD are in regards to NBOMe's. I personally believe that it's time that PD takes an official stance in the matter, and sticky a warning against all NBOMe's at the top of the forum. That they are potentially lethal, That they have killed more people in 1 year than any other psychedelic/research chemical.

BL, and PD in particular, should, in the spirit of harm reduction, sticky this information where it can clearly be seen, and add specific information on the first post of each NBOME B&D thread. This is important as this thread will soon go off sight and more mistakes will be done

NBOMEs are very popular and I believe we as a harm reduction community should do as much as possible to inform others that these compounds are not like the others [in terms of danger they are closer to x-FLYs than to other phens and probably deadlier].

Mods, are you reading this?

There could be some obscure pharmacological quirk that causes the bomanines to be more unpredictable & dangerous, but my money would be on improper measurement techniques.
I think there's diffinitely more that separates the NBOMe's from the 2C's than just their potency.

Obviously the NBOMe's have a much more steep dose/response curve than the common 2c's, adding to the danger of the high potency. Aswell as it would seem that more people seem to be having allergic reactions to them.

As an example, I'm sure more people would emerge unscathed from ingesting a double dose of 2CB, than a double dose of 25B-NBOMe. I diffinitely know what I'd prefer to OD on anyway.

As was already mentioned by Erny in the very start when the NBOMe's became available, the dose that might be one persons "high" might be another persons death. I remember him mentioning a friend being hospitalized from just 4 mg of 25B-NBOMe, while he himself survived an accidental 30 mg.

To safely use NBOMe's, it's simply not enough to just be able to measure ug's correctly. You also have to be able to slowly titrate the dose up, over the course of several weeks, until your find your own dose. Okay, Maybe you don't have to be that anal about it. I just mean you have to be a really carefull, meticulous, sensible and patient person to use NBOMe's.

A label that doesn't even fit your average bluelight PD'er.

Basicaly, I'm not so sure all the deaths we've seen so far came from huge overdoses, maybe they just got 1 mg too much, to a total of 2 mg's! We don't know. But some people surely seem more prone to the side effects of them.

There's a cautionary warning in red at the top of the NBOMe threads suggesting people not start higher than 500 ug. That's nice, I just think it should be made clear that it's actually death that you risk by starting higher.

No matter the cause, the NBOMe's have killed more people, in a shorter time, than any other psychedelic we know of. I think that warrants a warning.

NBOMe's are being distributed in the UK on blotter. Perhaps if any vendors of UK NBOMe blotter are reading this they might cosider advising new users or users in general to halve or even quarter their papers & titrate doses up slowly every time they use the drugs, & not just chew three blotters up & hope for the best!

At 16-20x potency of their 2C counterparts it is not a stretch to say the potency is in fact the problem here. From what I have read on the NBOMe's and assessed through my own studies it's my belief that all of the deaths can be attributed to

A: Overdose,
or
B: Serotonin Syndrome, most likely due to mixing with prescribed medications

With the potency and mechanism of action on certain parts of the brain, these are definitely dangerous compounds for "just anyone" to get ahold of the hCL. They may not be that stable in solution. Blotter paper may be the only safe route for taking these. Gripe about it ruining the LSD scene all you want but even people who think they're being "safe" have no idea the mistakes they are making. You may think your Gemini-20 is accurate when weighing out a larger quantity... You, my friend, are mistaken. Perfectly calibrated, the very best mg scales will be off by ~2-3mg. I have tested this against a sub-mg scale accurate to the microgram on multiple occasions. So as accurate as the "street chemist" thinks he is.. he's not. & this is the problem.

NBOMe's are being distributed in the UK on blotter. Perhaps if any vendors of UK NBOMe blotter are reading this they might cosider advising new users or users in general to halve or even quarter their papers & titrate doses up slowly every time they use the drugs, & not just chew three blotters up & hope for the best!

I'd not trust a vendor who gave dosage advice. While his intentions may be good, there are a lot of legal problems with this. "Not for human consumption" is all they can legally say.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that NBOMe's wouldn't pose much risk of SS, cruiser, even in combination with other serotonergic drugs.
And while it's likely that the death's are from huge miscalculations of dosage, for all we know the amount taken was within normal recreational limits.