• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25C-NBOMe death in Texas

Although I don't support the idea of posting warnings on every new thread regarding NBOMe's (as one poster suggested elsewhere), I would support a clearly visible sticky in PD, BDD and whatever other forums the moderators deem necessary. Such a sticky could be called "WARNING: NBOMe and Related Compounds" or something similar. It is obvious that these compounds are dangerous. I see no justifiable reason to not post such a sticky. Regardless of what exactly caused the deaths of these people, some facts must be considered:

* The dosages required to achieve full effects are extremely small. "Safely" ingesting these chemicals requires proper equipment and accurate measurement techniques. It is clear that most (probably all) of the people that have died after ingesting an NBOMe had neither of these.

* Readymade tabs can be unreliable (e.g. they can contain more of the substance than that stated by the vendor/dealer; they can contain a different chemical from that stated by the vendor/dealer).

* Street tabs are often passed off as LSD, which can (and often does) mislead people into consuming doses that are far too high to be considered "safe".

* Some people don't know the difference between an NBOMe and a 2C-x. An individual might think that 2C-C-NBOMe (a.k.a. 25C-NBOMe to informed aficionados of psychedelics) is essentially the same as 2C-C, proceed to snort 30mg of 2C-C-NBOMe, and die a horrible death. (I think that insufflating such a dose of the dry chemical will still cause great harm or kill, but if I'm wrong please post about it.)

* The brain receptor affinities of these drugs are extremely high. This, in and of itself, warrants an NBOMe warning, imo.

* In contrast to the 2C-x, DOx and tryptamine series/families of compounds, NBOMe's have yielded very little pharmacological data (i.e. we know almost nothing about them).

In sum, lay "research" of NBOMe's is very dangerous territory. I think that it is BL's duty to more explicitly warn readers of the potential dangers related to these chemicals. A well-written sticky is in order, even rather overdue.

Last edited:
To protect yourself from the adrenergic effects of the NBOMEs, I suggest 30 drops of Motherwort tincture. It's a natural anti-adrenergic. It prevents most of the muscle tremors and nausea so it probably also reduces vasoconstriction and cardio effects.

^As I said in another thread any advice such as this should be taken with a grain of salt and its' purported benefits regarded as highly speculative at this point.

man it really gets to me that these suppliers get away w selling grams of this stuff to kids in high school :/

in theory, a G could potentailly be enough to kill hundreds of kids at a party gone wrong.

from a research perspective, they really are fascinating and we could potentially learn alot from them.

when i was 16, when we wanted to trip and couldnt find any acid, we went shrooming. the hunt and learning about all the diff types was part of the fun. im a bit frightened nit just ny this new generation of psychs, but also by the carelessness of this new generation of teens.

come on guys, if youre nit prepared to do your proper research and be responsible stay away from these for now til we know more.this is human lives we are talking about..come on. not only are the laws going to become more harsh, supplies will be harder to obtain, effectively ruining the whole point of why these compounds were created. stick to pot and shrooms and leave the xyz123z to the true researchers.

gawd im gettin old. sorry for the naggin guys; its all outta love <3

Last edited:
The argument is flawed because even if, for instance, 2c-e were legal, there would still always be some kinda fouled up dosing death or fatal idiosyncratic reactions, or dead hero's who bang too much & end up a statistic, or - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-22321487

How much did the guy take god damn it?? I personally racked up a line of 2cb thinking it was coke (stupid stupid stupid). I tripped very hard, but no other problems. Also see http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=86317 and this http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=76578. I know they are not 2ce, but what about this http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=33380. Not as large dose, but still, I think the selective nature of these drugs (2cc) for 5HT2B are producing the problems, as solipsis said. It's not just the low dose range. (full disclosure: phens aren't even my drug of choice)

I agree with everything else you said though.

man it really gets to me that these suppliers get away w selling grams of this stuff to kids in high school :/

in theory, a G could potentailly be enough to kill hundreds of kids at a party gone wrong.

from a research perspective, they really are fascinating and we could potentially learn alot from them.

when i was 16, when we wanted to trip and couldnt find any acid, we went shrooming. the hunt and learning about all the diff types was part of the fun. im a bit frightened nit just ny this new generation of psychs, but also by the carelessness of this new generation of teens.

come on guys, if youre nit prepared to do your proper research and be responsible stay away from these for now til we know more.this is human lives we are talking about..come on. not only are the laws going to become more harsh, supplies will be harder to obtain, effectively ruining the whole point of why these compounds were created. stick to pot and shrooms and leave the xyz123z to the true researchers.

gawd im gettin old. sorry for the naggin guys; its all outta love <3

pretty much agree with all of this. though I guess im a bit hypocritical in a sense that I was that ignorant teen not too long ago. the only thing that upsets me is that many people I know are still ignorant to the facts of these things, even though I experienced it first hand, and continue to warn them about the dangers. all anyone has around here these days is nBOMEs and DOx compounds. i am completely against the creation and use of these RCs, and maybe im a little too young to say this, but i feel like these research psychedelics ruin what the acid culture is truly about, at least in my opinion.

the main thing that stuck with me after my first acid trip was the deep thought i was in for the entire comedown, and the fact that i was literally discovering my soul without the interference of my ego. it seems that most people use just to get fucked up, instead of trying to explore the nature of their souls. after all, i feel that the discovery of ones soul is the most important aspect in regards to many psychedelic cultures, such as the native american vision quests.

All anyone has around here these days is nBOMEs and DOx compounds. i am completely against the creation and use of these RCs, and maybe im a little too young to say this, but i feel like these research psychedelics ruin what the acid culture is truly about, at least in my opinion.
Your never too young to have an opinion :D I for one think the substituted phen derivatives should not be in the public domain [Edit: as this seems unclear - I don't think they should be banned, I think that if the originals where never banned to begin with they would not be in the public domain - read my post below or my others].

the main thing that stuck with me after my first acid trip was the deep thought i was in for the entire comedown, and the fact that i was literally discovering my soul without the interference of my ego. it seems that most people use just to get fucked up, instead of trying to explore the nature of their souls. after all, i feel that the discovery of ones soul is the most important aspect in regards to many psychedelic cultures, such as the native american vision quests.

Not sure if you are referring to the the attitude of the users or the nature of the drug (or both). If it's the attitude of the users, then I beg to differ. Everyone uses drugs for different reasons, some good some bad, and purely "recreational use" (just getting fucked up and having a laugh) is one of the least bad reasons in my opinion. Sometimes I like to take some dmt or mushrooms and sit on my own and do some soul searching, sometimes I want something that will give me some nice energy and pretty colors for 10 hours at a festival. However, I do like my experiences to have an insight aspect, even if I am just partying. It's amazing what you notice about social dynamics when you are tripping (even lightly).

If however you are referring to the drug, well I'd say that phens are in general light on the head for me - so less introspection and ego loss. But others find them to be a useful exploratory tool. Suppose it depends on the person, the dose and the setting. However, if my experience roughly translates to other people, then yes I can imagine that people take these drugs without having to go through much soul searching and ego loss and are thus feel able to take them purely recreationaly (particularly 2-cb). As I said though, I see that as no majorly bad thing in itself, as long as they don't suddenly have an unexpected revelation and go crying to the authorities saying "the drugs made me think bad thoughts". 8)

Sorry for the rant, just had some coffee ginseng and taurine and my mind is overclocked ;)

Last edited:
I would seldom say this but these 2ci derivatives should not be available.

Shouldn't be available? :| I just don't understand it when I hear Bluelighters say things like this. This is the same basic flawed reasoning that gets any drug banned.

If the kid snorted pure crystalline 2C-C-NBOMe, he deserved to die. 'Nuff said.

Shouldn't be available? :| I just don't understand it when I hear Bluelighters say things like this. This is the same basic flawed reasoning that gets any drug banned.

If the kid snorted pure crystalline 2C-C-NBOMe, he deserved to die. 'Nuff said.

If your read my earlier posts you will see that I think now they are available there is no way to put them back in the box. But the reason that they have been marketed is because the original phens they replace where banned. Don't ban the drugs that seem to be reasonably safe and you don't get replacements with even less track record.

In summery, they should not be available because governments should not have banned the originals.

^ Ah O.K., gotcha. I think they'd still be available if the original 2C phens weren't banned, though. At least the really curious psychonauts would still be messing around with it.

^yeah for sure. But really curious psychonauts usually know what they are doing and don't snort cocaine sized lines of RCs. (unless they are me of course and got their raps mixed up while all messed up and snorted a line of 2cb thinking it was cocaine DOH!!!. I'd like to think I would not have nBOMe's lying around in raps)

I'm a little upset with this thread. As a community, we are to provide harm reduction information. Opinions are welcome but when dealing with a new substance with little information to back it up, it's best to keep them out of the discussion. Instead, we must turn our heads to the past and drugs of a similar nature. Now, people die every year from all kinds of drugs. Some of those drugs have been around for decades, if not centuries. If we rethink the developing nature of these new and potent RC's, is it not conceivable that they will, in fact, show growing pains. The information the media gives out is entertaining at best, which means we as a community should take their information with a grain of salt.

http://http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201303090102 A case of an LSD related death, but it reads the same as articles pertaining to 25x deaths. Use your own judgement.

If we rethink the developing nature of these new and potent RC's, is it not conceivable that they will, in fact, show growing pains.
Growing pains? One thing that seems clear is that NBOMe's have a much narrower safety margin than similar novel psychedelics.

http://http://www.wvgazette.com/News/201303090102 A case of an LSD related death, but it reads the same as articles pertaining to 25x deaths. Use your own judgement.
Some of the NBOMe related deaths are being reported as LSD related. It would not surprise me if this was the case here.

And while it's likely that the death's are from huge miscalculations of dosage, for all we know the amount taken was within normal recreational limits.

I think that's the whole point. "Normal recreational limits" for such a new and highly potent substance give a false sense of security, as far as we can tell. I'm all for a sticky emphasizing that NBOMes are not the same as other psychedelic chemicals, if only for the reason that they're much more potent and thus much harder to accurately dose.

Actually, lamanogaucha summed it up pretty well. Let's see if mods can agree that a Sticky Warning is in order here. I'll report it and see what they think.

Seems like all deaths come from powder form. Very sad. I've only done blotters, and haven't had any issues with 25C-NBOMe.
Then again I only took 2mg, which is considered high. Eyeballing that would be impossible.

"died in his bedroom after ingesting the designer drug "N-bomb," which is a synthetic form of LSD."

Journalists really suck