Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Dark And Fucked Up Movies

Someone else said GHOSTS OF THE CIVIL DEAD...I'm down with that. That's the darkest most fucked up movie I think I've ever seen, and hardly anyone I know's ever heard of it.
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is twisted and scary as all fuck when you've got a brain full of pot and pills...
And lots more that others have already said, such as Delicatessen, anything by David Lynch, etc.
I still haven't seen Requiem for a Dream, might get it tomorrow...

I just remembered when i was younger i thought these 3 teen crime movies were quite the fucked up ones
Class of 1984-I still find this movie a bit disturbing.....teacher teacher
People should hire this just to see Michael.J.Fox get stabbed
Bad boys-I think that's the name,it stars Sean Penn anyway,all about reform school life.
There's one more but the name escapes me,i think it's call "Over the edge" or "On the edgr".
Anyway it stars a young Matt Dillion.
I saw it NY day so maybe the badness was magnified?? ;)
Duz anyone know the movie name??
I Remember a 13 YO kid tripping hard on acid in class if that helps
Cheers 8)

Originally posted by someguy:

....that is insane, interesting but insane.

Well, you asked for dark, disturbing movies. Battle Royale is right there. It's a bit japanese, i.e. over-dramatized, but still it makes for an intense film experience. :)

"Gummo" was defintely fucked up. Also "Romper Stomper".
I don't see how "Run Lola Run" was dark or fucked up. At least not in the way all the other movies are. I absolutely love that movie though.
"I Spit on Your Grave" was definitely a fucked up movie. The only thing I don't understand is the title. Nothing about spitting on graves in the whole movie. I guess it could refer to the fact that the lady hates those men so much she wants to spit on their graves?....I dunno, could have had a better title.
~Danielle
[ 13 September 2002: Message edited by: Bonsai ]

did someone say "The Shalton Sea"...?
I have just started watching it and it seems pretty dark right now....
-physix

Just saw "Happiness". Now that was fucked up. One twisted tale right there. My mood dropped about 75%.

DeadAlive(Peter Jackson)- not really fucked up in a life changing way, more along the lines of gore.
Riki-o The Stort of Riki(Lan Nai Kai)- someone posted a link to this movie recently and it reminded me of how bloody it was.
Both of these movies aren't the best for acting, they're mainly for the shock value. but still very good.

Originally posted by Neks:

There's one more but the name escapes me,i think it's call "Over the edge" or "On the edgr".
Anyway it stars a young Matt Dillion.
I saw it NY day so maybe the badness was magnified?? ;)
Duz anyone know the movie name??

'The rivers edge' I'm pretty sure thats what it's called, it was a favorite of mine for years.
the Ghosts of the Civil dead & Bad Boy Bubby are both independent Austarlian films so I imagine that you couldnt rent them in the US i'm not sure how it is in Europe but here it's HARD to find those kinds of films.
A good New Zealand film that is kind of disturbing is 'Once were Warriors'.
[ 29 September 2002: Message edited by: *kell* ]

The class of 1999.... yeh!
repoman!
The doomed generation
Nowhere
good call... strangeland
PI---- not actually called pi... its the symbol PI
Taxi Driver
straaange

"Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer" is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen. It came out during a time when slasher movies (ie Halloween, Firday the 13th) were popular, but its not even remotely similar. I believe it even got the first NC-17 rating ever given for violent content rather than sexual.

^^^ holy shit yah... except its basicly a true story. he really did a tour through chicago before moving on. my friends Dad actually made that movie... same guy who made wild thing<is that it? with neve campelle>, believe it or not
straaange

Ring (a Japanese subtitled chiller) is dark and fucked up. So much so I'm going to review it, because it is most excellent.

ok some of these were already said but i'm gonna go through as many as i can think of
Battle Royale(i think lapdawg mentioned this one)
anything by david lynch (lost highway, blue velvet, twin peaks, twin peaks: fire walk with me, mullholland drive)
city of lost children
even horizon
dark city
jacob's ladder...
Serpent and the Rainbow
i'll come up with more later
[ 01 October 2002: Message edited by: Trippies ]

Yr all useless:
Does anyone think "Run Lola Run" is a dark *or* fucked up movie? It's definately good but please?
Actual Dark and Fucked up Movies:
The Dark Crystal
Bad boy Bubby
Leprechaun 4
Shakes the Clown
The original evil dead
-------------------------------
Destroy the world

Audition, Ichi the Killer (both japanese)
Funny games and anatomy (german)
o! o! almost forgot!
The doom generation and Nowhere, both by Greg Araki (USA)
And Pi, previous movie from the director of Requiem for a Dream

you fucking people! glitter isnt scarry! what a waste of 5 dollars! that movie sucked!

^^^ how can you say that...?
after seeing that movie, didn't you wanna kill people until you felt like you got the last 74 minutes of your life back...???
that's kinda dark, dude....
-physix

I just watched the DVD of Battle Royale... my-o-my... that was REALLY violent...
But good :)