Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Phenibut 1500mg

Flynnal

Bluelighter
2:00pm - Ingested 1500mg (1.5g) of Phenibut.

3:10pm - Noticed that I was feeling calmer than before I took the Phenibut, feels as though I took 2mg of Valium.

4:50pm - Noticeable sedation, moderate anxiolytic effect. Feels like I took 5mg Valium now.

7:00pm - Sedation has increased, anxiolytic effect is strong. This now feels as though I took a 50mg dose of Nembutal half an hour ago, I could walk within crowds without any distress, something I couldn't normally do.

8:45pm - Getting to sleep was very easy. It feels very Nembutal-like.

4:00am - Woke up, alarm, I always pay my respects at the local war memorial for the ANZAC dawn service. Still feels a little bit like Nembutal, but more like somewhere in between Valium and Nembutal in terms of overall feel. I've used both the benzodiazepine and the barbiturate, so I am able to compare the feel of both. I could have gone back to sleep so easily but got up and took a shower and then prepared myself for the service.

10:00am - Still feel very calm and relaxed. No anxiety. I could still fall asleep quite easily.

I'd say going by that relatively small amount, if taken in higher doses would give you that classic depressant "drunk" feel, and dare I say an overdose of this would be almost comparable to an overdose of barbiturates and may even kill you, especially if taken with an other CNS depressant (alcohol, benzodiazepine, opiate).

Overall, this feels like a cross between Valium and Nembutal, albeit in very slow motion with strong anxiolytic effects that have lasted for many hours and are still in effect as I write this post. This stuff is potent and definitely NOT to be fucked with.

Yes 1500 mg is quite a dose (would be too much for me), realize that phenibut overdoses are quite unpleasant and not 'just overly sedative'...

1500mg quite a dose :?

Anything below 4gs isn't worth being mentioned, at least for me.

2:00pm - Ingested 1500mg (1.5g) of Phenibut.

3:10pm - Noticed that I was feeling calmer than before I took the Phenibut, feels as though I took 2mg of Valium.

4:50pm - Noticeable sedation, moderate anxiolytic effect. Feels like I took 5mg Valium now.

7:00pm - Sedation has increased, anxiolytic effect is strong. This now feels as though I took a 50mg dose of Nembutal half an hour ago, I could walk within crowds without any distress, something I couldn't normally do.

8:45pm - Getting to sleep was very easy. It feels very Nembutal-like.

4:00am - Woke up, alarm, I always pay my respects at the local war memorial for the ANZAC dawn service. Still feels a little bit like Nembutal, but more like somewhere in between Valium and Nembutal in terms of overall feel. I've used both the benzodiazepine and the barbiturate, so I am able to compare the feel of both. I could have gone back to sleep so easily but got up and took a shower and then prepared myself for the service.

10:00am - Still feel very calm and relaxed. No anxiety. I could still fall asleep quite easily.

I'd say going by that relatively small amount, if taken in higher doses would give you that classic depressant "drunk" feel, and dare I say an overdose of this would be almost comparable to an overdose of barbiturates and may even kill you, especially if taken with an other CNS depressant (alcohol, benzodiazepine, opiate).

Overall, this feels like a cross between Valium and Nembutal, albeit in very slow motion with strong anxiolytic effects that have lasted for many hours and are still in effect as I write this post. This stuff is potent and definitely NOT to be fucked with.

Rather interesting I ordered some Phenibut over the internet. It still has not arrived but its nice to hear it has strong anxiolytic effects. I tend to suffer from occasional bouts of anxiety. I find a succulent herb eases me a lot its called Sceletium Tortuosum I take extracts though they are potent.

Thanks for sharing. Phenibut definite has some value imo, but never had a very large dose of the stuff, will have to experiment in the future.

Rather interesting I ordered some Phenibut over the internet. It still has not arrived but its nice to hear it has strong anxiolytic effects. I tend to suffer from occasional bouts of anxiety. I find a succulent herb eases me a lot its called Sceletium Tortuosum I take extracts though they are potent.

Keep phenibut doses only occasional and I find it's a rewarding chemical for reducing anxiety / pro-social. 1G is a good dose for me. Tolerance builds fast and phenibut lasts long so my personal rule is no more than once a week. There have been reports of benzo-like withdrawals from those who have used heavy amounts of phenibut.

4G doing nothing sounds either like a dodgy source or some heavy tolerance (my guess is that those tolerant to benzos would also be tolerant to phenibut).

I didn't say 4gs doin' nothing, but being more a subtle kind of thing - and i tried different sources. Perhaps it just isn't what i need to get chilled out, i really don't know. It sometimes seems to make me a bit more hasty/uninhibited, but nothing compared to those easy-going benzo effects.

And for the record, i'm totally not tolerant to any kind of benzos, and even small doses usually do the trick. Gimme some 50mgs of Tetrazepam in the evening and i fall asleep. Hell, i can even have some relaxation on 250µg's of Etizolam, so i think i can say i'm not a hardhead in this department.

Anyways afaik Phenibut doesn't hit the same receptors as regular benzos. I tried many things with phenibut, from staggered dosing to short-time daily dosing - but only high(er) doses seem to do the trick. The only thing that seems to enhance the Phenibut effects is THC, because i remember having a REALLY good time on 2,5gs of Phenibut when combined with Mary Jane.

I thought this stuff was awesome the first 5-6 times I tried it, taking doses between 800-1600mg. Then out of the blue I stopped feeling any effects from it what so ever. I spaced my doses out by at least a week so I dont think its tolerance. I couldnt imagine taking 4 grams of this stuff, 1 gram feels like it burns a hole in my stomach. Of course I mix it with OJ so the citric acid probably wasnt helping. I also find it odd that even though I get no effects from this substance it still gives me a mild to moderate hangover the next day.

Last edited:
I found it to be particularly nice if you mix it with some benzos or etizolam, i was wrapping up 1g+ doses of Phenibut and a couple of (1mg) Etizolam and it was lovely, although the first time I tried this for two days straight by the time my friend came to discover where I was it took about 10 minutes to get to the door... Phenibut mostly works on GABA-b receptors, while alcohol and benzos etc work on GABA-a, so I think there's something delightfully complimentary going on with this combination.

I think this combo really shines though on the day after a stimulant binge, to eliminate the shitty next-day feeling. It's like the perfect remedy for an otherwise slightly sad sunday. I'd write a trip report about my experiences on it, but they'd mostly just come down to "felt kindof sleepy and angsty, took benzos and phenibut, felt remarkably content and happy". Note that I almost always supplement with 5-htp and vitamins too, which might have an additional effect that I've not noticed outside of this.

It's worth noting that Phenibut definitely seems to have withdrawals when used regularly in large doses (anecdotally at least, I have only really seen this mentioned on bodybuilding forums where they often seem to pretend the drugs they're doing arent actually drugs, and then seem astounded when abusing them causes problems). And as we all hopefully know, abusing benzos can lead to very bad things.
In addition, I have no idea whether mixing these two is actually safe at all, It'd be nice to hear from someone with more pharmaceutical knowledge lend an opinion.

Last edited:
Oh, and with regards to the aforementioned hangover, I wouldnt so much describe it as a hangover as residual effects, although every time I've experienced it it's been after I've mixed with many valium, which has a stupidly long half life by itself, so might have masked the symptoms. Either that or I just haven't done it regularly enough to experience that.

Also, Phenibut made me discover I can swallow an entire gram of powder wrapped in paper without any trouble, which surprised me a tad.

And while I'm adding slightly irrellevent memories of my experiences to this post, the only full on multi day binge I had on this combination appeared to actually lower my voice for SEVERAL hours after waking up, which is one of the weirdest side effects ever. If only there was a drug with only that effect, so I could talk like Barry White... and I was very obviously in a Benzoish state for at least 8 hours after waking up from a 10 hour sleep following my final dose. Drugs that make you irresponsible and stupid are the most subtley menacing of them all I think... It just seems like such a reasonable idea at the time :)

^ Yeah, i could think of mixing phenibut with a benzo (or etizolam) could be a damn nice combo. Will try this soon i think. Btw, phenibut with an opioid is, as tested first-hand, also very nice, calming and joyful, to say at least ;)

I think after some experimentation with phenibut i can say it also works with lower doses for me, even though it's a more subtle effect. I also think you have to learn the high phenibut can deliver.

Keeping that in mind, i ingested 1,5gs yesterday and had a really nice and frolic day. Because of various things, i was a lil' bit anxious and reluctant beforehand, so i noticed it much more than usual.