AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

the 2013/2014 nfl thread v. in a snowglobe in a dollar store

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not saying they cant beat those teams especially the Cardinals

I just dont see them being anywhere close to the Kurt Warner era

Chargers traded up to select Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o. Many predicted the star linebacker would be a first round pick, but the Bolts were able to get him at 38th overall by giving up their second and fourth round picks.

kinda shocked

The San Diego Chargers used the 76th overall selection in this year's draft on wide receiver Keenan Allen.

I'm excited

I just dont see them being anywhere close to the Kurt Warner era

I 100% agree

the league was so much different back than

and their offensive line was fucking awesome, i'm pretty sure Orlando pace blocked entire defenses

I don't want to debate anything, not looking for anyone to agree with me

i'm just excited, and probably a little too confident with assumptions, but if eagles had a 5 year span like rams did from '06-'11, you would prob just stop watching football

next year I can handle missing the playoffs, but in 2014 I expect/demand greatness

The San Diego Chargers used the 76th overall selection in this year's draft on wide receiver Keenan Allen.

I'm excited

lol nice copy pasta

but great fuckin'pick, most mocks I read had him a first rounder, I know a lot of ram's fans wanted him

Same with the chargers I don't expect much this year but next year.. The donks should be scared

Of course in did not write that

Falcons took two CBs. their 2nd round pick Robert Alford was in some mock drafts in the late 1st round.

I think we're set at the CB position

lol nice copy pasta

but great fuckin'pick, most mocks I read had him a first rounder, I know a lot of ram's fans wanted him

his legs might be fucked tho which is why most teams passed on him. if they're not he should be a beast

i'm way to giddy for sleep, I gotta take a handful of kpins and just pass out, i'm way too excited about my new family members, and way too excited to play golf at a dope course that I've never played, tomorrow am

good night NFL fans, everyone is going to win the superbowl next year

one quick note:

ozzy newsome shows brilliance again, matt elam and Arthur brown are great replacements for ed reed and ray lewis, just give it time, still good enough to keep team competitive next year

Same with the chargers I don't expect much this year but next year.. The donks should be scared

Of course in did not write that

I hope your new coach works out, was bronco's offensive coordinator last year, hell he was able to set up schemes to get tebow to win, so he's definitely creative, hopefully he conducted a dope staff

i'm pessimistic about coaches with no NFL HC experience, rams experimented with 2 seperate highly regarded coordinators(scott linehan '06-'08, steve spagnoulo '09-'11) after mike martz moved on, and well, words can't express how good it feels to have a proven bad ass running shit

I don't think the Eagles are going to make the playoffs next year but their offense is going to be on point and I think Chip Kelly actually has a well thought out plan for his system and the type of players he needs for it to have a chance at working in the NFL.

Seriously, if Bryce Browns stops fumbling, you are looking at two of the top ten rushers in the league on the same team that is running almost twice the amount of plays as everyone else

should be some high scoring games

not to mention they got James Casey to play FB from the texans, and Ertz is perfect for this offense

see CR, I'm excited but realistic at the same time

defense is still shit

wow Packers might have gottten the steal of the draft.

They get Eddie Lacy late 2nd round are you fucking kidding me?? How did the NFC North teams allow this to happen... all GB needs is a good running back and they are going to be really good.

He might end up being pretty good or just another decent RB who kind of fades out behind Rodgers' great play. Steelers dont miss on RBs much so there is good reason they took Bell with Lacy and Ball still available.

I thought Giovani Bernard deserved to be picked before Lacy I mean Lacy is good but I think I could have ran for 1k yards behind that O line at Bama and Bernard can return punts in a desperate situation a la DeSean Jackson

idk I dont really look at stats with Running Backs I just watch how they play and would target whoever passes the eye test

speaking of RBs though, LeSean McCoy is looking like the best fantasy pick

Last edited:
our last pick we signed Brad Sorensen....dunno what to think...cuz it could be good to start grooming a qb if rivers can pull it together.

Seriously, if Bryce Browns stops fumbling, you are looking at two of the top ten rushers in the league on the same team that is running almost twice the amount of plays as everyone else

ok that may be a bit of a stretch even I have to admit. I really think Bryce Brown has all the physical tools to be a 1k yard rusher, but he doesnt seem to have the ability to change his speed at will its just like he goes all out once he gets the ball and winds up outrunning his blockers or letting guys take good angles on him which negates his above average speed when he gets going.

definitely a straight line runner who will break a lot of shoulder tackles because he is such a force at full speed, which is good because LeSean is not really a power back by any stretch so it is a good change of pace.

re:eddie lacy......Cadillac Williams, Laurence maroney, and Maurice clarett were pretty awesome in college too

ram's traded both their 6th round picks to get a 5th round pick and make their final selection, zac stacy, RB out of vandy, kid's running style and physical traits are very similar to MJD/doug martin, the fact snead was willing to trade two picks for this kid speaks volumes if you're a ram's fan

but honestly, I hope he never really gets many chances to play, really banking on isiah pead/daryl Richardson to be very effective running backs

from my point of view, it really looks like ram's offensive strategy is trying to emulate what the saints have been dong, they are loaded with weapons all under the age of 25, there are still lots of suits on TV and coaches who are convinced sam Bradford is the real deal, him going 7-9 as a rookie with such a shit team was miraculous, they also lost 4+ games by LESS than 3 points that year
On December 26, Bradford surpassed Peyton Manning's record for most completed passes by an NFL rookie quarterback (326). Bradford finished the season with 354 completions out of 590 attempts, surpassing Manning's record of 575 for most attempts by an NFL rookie quarterback. Bradford became just the third rookie quarterback to start all 16 regular season games and pass over 3000 passing yards, joining Peyton Manning and Matt Ryan
manning and ryan had far better weapons...buuuttt lots of sam's completions were a shit load of screens and 3 yard slants

yeah he was able to accomplish that with an awful head coach, oline and WRs that were lucky to be in the league

he was the reason pat shurmur got the brown's HC job and we all know how well that turned out

Landry Jones in the 4th rd, I have to think that was an unexpected gift for the Steelers. And they got one of his WRs at OU a couple rounds later. Got some young blood for the great, but aging, defense while adding some depth at WR to help Brown and Sanders. Bell will be interesting at RB if he doesnt get blown up by hard hitting defenses. Pretty solid draft as usual for the Steelers. Still though, I see a shaky season for them because I do not trust the o-line to keep Ben from being hit too often.

I think if would be really great for this community if we all banned together and hated on the seahawks as much as possible

marshawn lynch has seen his best years, the film is out on Russell Wilson, every team in the west has the play makers on defense to nullify him(and if he gets injured, which is probable, than they are completely fucked), percy harvin is their best player but everyone will hate him and he will miss 6+ games, the rest of their WRs/TEs are not good, at all, pete carroll is not a good NFL coach, the secondary is good, but a little over rated, pretty pathetic they gave themselves their own nick name(boom squad?), their front 7 is hardly anything to worry about, don't know anything about their oline but don't care

last year tey just got hot at the right time, taking advantage of teams who were burnt out and/or struggling, they benefit so much from being in seattle, it's not close to anyone except san fran

seahawks 2013 record - 7-9

week 8 MNF sea@stl is the my most anticipated game in '13

27-13, rams win on Monday night hopefully legatron(he's going to break the record for longest FG, sooner than later) kicks a 67yarder with less than 10 seconds left in the 4th quarter, salt dem wounds, fellas

Wow that is a pretty bold statement China.

I have Seattle winning their division and going to the NFC Championship next season

i see what you've done here. ok, let's do it.

pats win both games, you sport a patriots avatar for week following december 29th. bills win either game and i'll sport a bills avatar the same week.

new_england_patriots.png
buffalo_bills.png

alasdair

You're on sucka!

I have Seattle winning their division and going to the NFC Championship next season
sounds like you believe whatever the sensational media presents to us

I kinda like stl being under the radar, but now all of a sudden anytime NFC west is brought up, it's 'the rams are just as likely to win this division as anyone'

so far 2012 draft week trade looks like this: bob griffen for janoris Jenkins, alec ogletree, a few others, and can't wait to see what next year's Washington's draft pick brings us

rams won that trade, so fucking hard, maybe even if it was just for Jenkins alone,..that's if you're into building long lasting powerhouse programs instead of begging for national attention for a few years

skins defense will be a bottom 5 next year, buckwheat can definitely single handedly win a game, but you shouldn't want to/have to rely on the performance and impact of a single player

Status
Not open for further replies.