• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

sleep hygeine/discipline and time management.

mydrugbuddy

Bluelighter
Does anyone else here have huge problems with this.

I cannot get up or go to sleep at a regular time. Last night i must have taken 25 etiz and 1 diphemramine TNA. But then i couldnt wake up until 2 pm today. So tnight will be a reapeat performance.

Forcing oneself out of bed at 8.30 am is gonna leave you so knackered you'll nod off long before bed time, so thats more of the same.

Anyone found their own holy grails ?

Right g2g now. Ive got shit loads to do thats been mounting up for weeks. Took some eth to speed through lots them and am now pouring all that energy into BL.

i realise i should eliminate stims. I dont indulge most days any more. Stuff needs doing today.

Mendo_K

Today 15:17 Report Post

Only way ive found to counter it is to go to bed at around 10pm, its well annoying. If i go to bed at anything past say 1, ill just sleep in till around 1-3 . My body seems to think it needs 12 hours of sleep a day, or maybe it does.. or maybe its the etiz.

I always try and set my alarm for like 9-10 to get up if I dont have work, every morning the same though whats the point in getting up if theres nothing to get up for, so I roll over and head back to snoozeville for another few hours and regret it when i cant sleep again at night.

Yes I always have had problems with sleep, since I was born so I'm told.

I don't like going to sleep, my head just wants to keep going. When I have a regular work schedule to keep I do get by but with an ever increasing sleep deficit. 2am seems about the earliest time to go to bed, anything earlier and you're wasting the best hours of the day.

I don't like to wake up either, some of my most unpleasant childhood memories are of being woken up at inhumane hours, when on school trips or similar, either to barked orders or loud music of an unfashionable type. When I open my eyes my first and second thoughts are of closing them again. Anything before 8am is cruel. Midday sounds civilised with the standard first meal being brunch.

Breakfast with parents is another thing I remember disliking. Why would I want to wake up to the sight of these two wrinkly old weirdos, and their strange noises and habits?

It's always too early to go to bed and too early to get up, I get out of phase with the rest of the world very easily and it's difficult to get back in phase, pulling all nighters is the option I normally choose but that's not the exciting bit of fun it used to be and I find myself ordering sleeping pills of various kinds recently to try and enforce a regime.

I have to be up at half 5 most days, so try to be in bed by half 10-11 on work nights, don't always manage it. I can just about manage if I go to bed a bit late.

Forcing yourself to wake up at 8 every day might be your answer, you will feel tired by nighttime, will take you a while to get into the habit if you're used to getting up at 2pm ish.

Go to bed when you feel tired one night, without loads of etiz, and even if it's 3am or whatever, set the alarm for 8, FORCE yourself to get up.

Enjoy the morning sun, and the morning air.

%)

That's what I did the previous two nights, and it just meant I had three hours sleep the first and two hours sleep the second :( Still I feel fine now :)

Also terrible at sleeping regular hours. Am very erratic. Some days I'll be akip sillyearly and others I won't sleep at all. And this is without including the effects of any drugs. Not taken any stims for ages and hardly ever take benzos these days. Am just shitty at sleeping and always have been.

Even worse at waking up though. If I don't get a good 8-10h kip I'm not a happy bunny. Used to be woken up regularly by having icewater chucked at me as a nipper. Effective but somewhat harsh. Think I sleep in and stay up in continuing protest.

Have done the forcing meself to get up at a sensible time no matter how tired thing before but always end up dozing off mid-afternoon for a coupla hours.

When I was working I just couldn't get a regular sleep pattern.
I worked 2 day shifts 7am - 7pm so I be up at 05.30am and going bed about 10pm.After the 2 day shifts I'd work 2 night shifts 7pm - 7am and I would end up just sleeping from about 10am to 4pm and I would hardly eat a thing while on nights as my bodyclock was all messed up.
Luckily after the 2 days & 2 night shifts I would have 4 days off and it took me the first two days off to get my bodyclock back off the night shift system.
Just as soon as my sleep pattern got back to normal it was time to start work again.
I certainly don't miss working shifts anymore.

Most drugs mess with your sleep patterns, sometimes for weeks afterwards. Worth bearing in mind

Blimey. It's only Mr Chops. Long time no see. Trust you've been busy messing with your sleeping patterns? :D

Max: Have also worked shifts like that. Absolute nightmare going from days to nights and back again. Much preferred it when it was just nights (or just days). Dunno why the switch back and forth like that sometimes. Just means you can't adjust to either so am permafucked :\

Yeah, I cannot fall asleep before 4 or 5 am, sometimes not until 6 or 7...Except that I have to be up at 7:30 every day for class. It's a nightmare.

What helped me a bit was:
- Exercise (best if it's around maybe 5 pm - then I'm usually tired around 11. The problem for me is that if I go to bed at that time, my sleeping schedule is so bad that my body thinks I'm taking a nap and I wake up around midnight. BUt if you usually go to bed around 2 you should be good). Seriously, if you can manage it, try at least 20mn of intense physical activity a day. It does make a difference, plus you feel better overall.
- Doxylamine. It's a great sleeping pill. I'd tried dozens, from melatonin to zolpidem, and it's the only one that works. Problem is it seems to be one of the causes for my sleep paralysis soooo...be careful with it. But at low doses you should be good.

It took me years to re-regulate my sleeping patterns, I used to be real bad, like what you guys describe, up until silly hours for no reason, unable to get up early, it's a vicious cycle really.

Now I can go to bed at 10:30 and actually, have no problem getting up early that way. Obviously unless I'm doing stimulants, goes without saying.

Amazingly, I struggle to sleep in. Once I wake, there's no way I'm going back to sleep even if it's like 2h after I got to sleep. Bit of a pain in the ass, but I'm not bothered at all since mornings when no one else is up is when I'm most productive.

Do any of you guys lift heavy? Most people find it makes a serious difference compared to hypertrophy workouts and personally I sleep like a baby after deadlift day

Sounds like I'm not the only one with delayed phase sleep syndrome. My inability to follow a normal daytime schedule is the biggest problem in my life, preventing me from keeping appointments, which has led to many more problems. I think I'm sleeping too much, due to depression. The only thing that helps me these days is diazepam, though triazolam was even better. The nights I take it I sleep for 6-9 hours and can actually wake up to alarms. Nights I don't take it, I end up sleeping for 12+ hours and feel groggy for most or all of my time awake.

This is regardless of whether I use any drugs or not during my time awake, though caffeine when I first get up seems to help me feel feel tired enough to sleep later. When I was exercising a lot daily that helped enormously, but now when I run it makes me sleep TOO early & I wake up after a short time, like Pagey. Argh!

Am I just getting old? Or is it waking up in pain? Getting up early in the morning has always been a struggle, but at least it was possible. Now I simply can't, or not reliably enough to matter.

... caffeine when I first get up seems to help me feel feel tired enough to sleep later.

Funny you should say that. Am sure I get tired earlier and easier when I drink coffee in the mornings. Which I do most mornings these days. Thought it was just me imagining feeling tired earlier but maybe not if you've noticed similar.

Last night i must have taken 25 etiz

8o really, you need to get a bit of a handle on that, in the longer term benzos are just not the answer.

My sleep is shit but I have to get up by latest 7pm everyday, much of the time the main issue is just not being able to shut off my thinking.

I have found that despite what people say watching TV can send me off...sometimes but it involves getting up going down stairs and watching it down there. I can close my eyes and listen to the TV which distracts me enough to drop off.

Part of the attraction of stims for me is the total avoidance of sleep followed by enough exhaustion to drift off with ease for once.

Amazingly, I struggle to sleep in. Once I wake, there's no way I'm going back to sleep even if it's like 2h after I got to sleep. Bit of a pain in the ass, but I'm not bothered at all since mornings when no one else is up is when I'm most productive.

Do any of you guys lift heavy? Most people find it makes a serious difference compared to hypertrophy workouts and personally I sleep like a baby after deadlift day

really that interesting. ive lost abt 2 stone of muscle since getting back quite heavily into drugs. Might start easing back into it again.

Funny you should say that. Am sure I get tired earlier and easier when I drink coffee in the mornings. Which I do most mornings these days. Thought it was just me imagining feeling tired earlier but maybe not if you've noticed similar.

I'm quite sure it's not my imagination, as I'm remarkably immune to placebo & psychosomatic stuffs. Coffee as the caffeine source is what works best for me as well. I'm going to go make a cappuccino now, I think. Tired of being tired today.

I really wish I never had to sleep, much as knock described. It's one of the many draws of vampirism for me. Sigh.

Last edited:
^ I've had a bloody good go at cutting out sleep a few times. Stims <3

Does tend to send you batshit pretty rapidly unfortunately. Although I rather enjoy that too :D

I have found that despite what people say watching TV can send me off...sometimes but it involves getting up going down stairs and watching it down there. I can close my eyes and listen to the TV which distracts me enough to drop off.

Part of the attraction of stims for me is the total avoidance of sleep followed by enough exhaustion to drift off with ease for once.

Agreed on the stims. That and I just <3 stims in general. Stims <3

I find television can help. Eyes closed just listening as you say, Mr 23. Usually prefer listening to the radio or an audiobook or summat though. Talks and lectures are also very good I find. Even if you still struggle to sleep at least you learn something along the way. I do find that if I make a point of listening to the same type of thing every night (currently mostly a particular radio show) then it's almost Pavlovian. I tend to doze off even if not expecting to. Doesn't always work but seems to be the most effective non-chemical way of getting some semblance of a sleep pattern so far for me.

8o really, you need to get a bit of a handle on that, e.

yeah since my opi taper is very close to jumping off point i cant sleep for fuck. I think im just going to let the etiz slide until im off the opis, and then come back to take them on. I cant even feel etizolams (apart from the slight anxiolytic effect which remains given a large enough dose). maybe if i took 30 and walked down the street id feel it, but otherwise maybe my gaba receptors have said "we've done with you. Sort it out yourself now"

Diphermaine (sp)worked ace 1st time, was soon in a deep 15 hr sleep, But they arent doing it anymore. I even tried to only take them once every 10 days or so.Im relucntant to increase the dose of them. Might try some phenergan tonight. Got some ZZZZs on the way too. Fuckin walking legal pharmacy here.

Its possibly just gonna be a slow readjustment.

i feel like a manic depressive on some stims, especially when the specific receptors are fresh and replensished, like the ones that deal with ethylphenidate must be.(Not had any of it for many weeks) Manic today, what will tomorrow bring. Right make a start on that fucking to do list.

Last edited:
Yep, sounds like you need to start cuttin them dam benzos ( I know Etiz aren't but they may as well be ) out, I've been to that stage with Diaz where they are just smarties. They are doing more harm than good at that level, but you're right one thing at a time.

Booze and benzos worked for a bit, or at least I think they did and I've tries Z drugs and other prescribed stuff, none of them worked for more than a few days, these days I really try to avoid medication for sleep, legal or otherwise, even after stims.

I find the anxiety that can take hold whilst lying there not being able to get to sleep is much worse than the tiredness from not sleeping so I concentrate on avoiding that rather than the sleep issue, it's been better that way the last year or so.

Last edited: