• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction What's the verdict on combining Phenibut and Phenylethylamine?

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
I searched and searched and found nothing but incomplete or conflicting information. Some sources I've read say that combining PEA+Phenibut is the most euphoric experience imaginable, while others say it is an anxiety-inducing combo and should be avoided. According to our favorite Wiki:

Some studies found that phenibut antagonizes the effects of phenylethylamine (PEA),[1][10] while others found no effect on PEA induced anxiety.

What does this actually mean? I would think this means that it either reduces anxiety caused by PEA or has no effect at all. Why would some reports indicate that the combo potentiates anxiety? Isn't PEA supposed to boost your mood and reduce anxiety? I'm confused by this.

How would the addition of hordenine affect the PEA+Phenibut combo? I've read a lot about the effects of phenylethylamine & hordenine and can't wait to try. I have not tried the Phenibut yet either. Everything should be arriving in the mail today. I'm simply trying to decide if this combination is safe and worth while, and not counter-productive (anxiety-inducing).

I'm honestly just curious about the effects of these substances, so I'm experimenting with them to see if they have anything beneficial to offer, whether it be recreational or a useful tool.

Thanks!

I'm not very well versed with hordenine, so i'll leave that bit.

I don't think there would be any *great* intereaction between PEA and phenibut, in terms of either metabolism or pharmacology.

That said, 'great' is vague. How much of each substance are we talking? Iirc, phenibut's downstream effects may include DA release, which would probably have some effect on the PEA (depending on where DA release occurs, how much PEA etc.)

In more general terms, phenibut (like most GABA agonists/ +allosteric modulaters) has sedative and anti anxiety properties.

In conclusion, it really depends on your PEA dose and how it affects you (YMMV applies extra with straight PEA IME). I reckon that a modest dose of phenibut would reduce any extra anxiety in most people on PEA.

A note of caution, higher dose PEA can increase heart rate and blood pressure fairly extensively. I don't *think* phenibut has any massive effect on either at modest doses, if anything you'd expect it to decrease heart rate at least. That said, I've no idea if it produces vasoconstriction. Basically I'm worried about possible DA-induced heart rate rises from phenibut, I would imagine this is possible at high doses.

Just sampled my first 800mg dose of PEA after lunch. Whoa.................................. 8(

This shits legal??? Adderall never hit me this hard!!! This is border line MDMA minus the massive euphoria. Jesus!!! 8o

P.S. - This was without hordenine. Holy fuck this is intense. Only from 800mg AND on a full stomach?

Well the intense rush didn't last long, it's subsiding and turning into a sort of chilled out marijuana-like buzz. Not terribly euphoric but a little more interesting than baseline.

Very, very interesting. The initial full-body rush was akin to speed and alcohol, perhaps a tad less euphoric than alcohol. Mind was crystal clear. The buzz covered my entire head, face and body, I'm glad it wasn't more intense than it was, I'd be worried.

Damn, now I'm afraid to try it with hordenine...

Does anyone have any insight as to why they think phenylethylamine may have had such a profound effect on me at such a low dose and without any MAO inhibition?

That's was my first guess. Repeated the experiment this morning. Capped up ~700mg by itself, right now I'm buzzing just as hard as yesterday. It makes typing difficult. This stuff is nothing short of incredible.

It's very strong anxiolytic buzz, bordering on euphoric but I'm not quite lovin' the world yet. Just kind of buzzing into my own self, somewhat enjoying it. It's comparable to a cigarette buzz.

I just keep saying to myself "Holy fuck this is strong" and then is gets stronger.

EDIT: I know this is kind of turning into a trip report and I know that's not for this section, however I just want to report on these effects I'm getting. I just got up from my desk (I'm at work) to go for a walk. The speediness of this drug shot through the roof and I suddenly felt like I was rolling. I notice all the lights getting bright and washed out, my pupils don't appear dilated but they feel like they are. I ran into two coworkers and began chatting with them, making a conscious effort not to blab like tweaker. The buzz is subsiding now, but is still quite profound.

Crazy stuff here.

Last edited:
Help with dosing

I searched and searched and found nothing but incomplete or conflicting information. Some sources I've read say that combining PEA+Phenibut is the most euphoric experience imaginable, while others say it is an anxiety-inducing combo and should be avoided. According to our favorite Wiki:

What does this actually mean? I would think this means that it either reduces anxiety caused by PEA or has no effect at all. Why would some reports indicate that the combo potentiates anxiety? Isn't PEA supposed to boost your mood and reduce anxiety? I'm confused by this.

How would the addition of hordenine affect the PEA+Phenibut combo? I've read a lot about the effects of phenylethylamine & hordenine and can't wait to try. I have not tried the Phenibut yet either. Everything should be arriving in the mail today. I'm simply trying to decide if this combination is safe and worth while, and not counter-productive (anxiety-inducing).

I'm honestly just curious about the effects of these substances, so I'm experimenting with them to see if they have anything beneficial to offer, whether it be recreational or a useful tool.

Thanks!

Hi Seattle Stranger: I know this thread is from a very long time ago, so I hope you'll be able to answer. I have a shipment of PEA, hordenine and Phenibut arriving today or tomorrow (weird, huh? Just like what you said). I am excited about trying this. I've never taken anything like these supplements. I've been on various pharmaceuticals for anxiety in the past, and feeling like I need help once again, but I REALLY am trying to avoid that same old path. I have recently tried CBD oil with just very mild results. Looking for something that will also give me some motivation and energy, focus....but definitely need to avoid anything that sets the anxiety into motion. Can you offer any advice, seeing as how you obviously have some experience? Plus, wondering if you are still using any of the products currently. Thanks in advance! --Latrobegirl