• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Injecting 'city water'

MikeRWK

Bluelighter
Just something ive been wondering, there has to be some ill effect from people using treated water (chlorine, flouride) for doing their shots? i know these chemicals are present in very small amounts but some people do a lot of shot in the run of a day and shit adds up right? not to mention neither of these were meant to enter the bloodstream.

Compared to how much they drink the amount is negligable. The majority of fluoride ingested from drinking fluoridated water will enter the bloodstream, with no ill effect.

city water = tap water? It's the only water I've ever used to inject and I've injected daily for the past 6 years.

edit: oh well that is wrong, but most of the time at least, sometimes I use vials with 0,9% NaCl solution.

A lot of cities in the U.S. have better water than other places. New York City has some of the best tap water in the U.S..

I've used all types of water for IV injection: tap, bottled, sterile, distilled, holy water from a large church, snow, rain water, ice cubes, etc. Never suffered ill consequences. Not saying it's healthy by any means but I was a desperate junkie.

I've used all types of water for IV injection: tap, bottled, sterile, distilled, holy water from a large church, snow, rain water, ice cubes, etc. Never suffered ill consequences. Not saying it's healthy by any means but I was a desperate junkie.

%)
mainline holy water.
best thing I've read today

I've been baptized inside and out :p I'm surprised I didn't burst into flames soon as the solution hit my blood stream. I did call it a "Holy shot" and that I got "godly rush".

LAUGHED MY FUCKING ASS OFF. That is fucking epic.

I think it would be pissing in the ocean compared to side effects from the drug itself...

I have used tap water before when shooting heroin but where possible I would boil the water in a kettle first.
I don't know if that helped at all or not but it just made me feel a bit more secure that any bacteria would have been killed off during the boiling process.

I use tap water when making micron filtered solutions, haven't had any problems yet (that's not to say I won't).

^this

if you ive in the states then you are safe to inject water from tap. or if you live in a first-world country like in most european countries.

^I was just about to post a link to that thread and saw you already had.

However, that thread is discussing more immediate risks like bacteria and particles. There is really no clear answer as to safe levels of chemicals like chlorine or fluoride in water for injection. No one has studied it. If it is harmful to one's health it would be a subtle and cumulative thing though, since obviously people are not dropping dead from injecting tap water. The wisest idea of course is to use unopened ampoules of sterile water, which can be obtained from many needle exchanges.

Personally, if I used needles and injected, I would only use purified bottled water. I'm sure you're probably still safe with tap/city water, but in my house we have well water. We have a water softener and also a reverse osmosis system, but the reverse osmosis is only for the water that comes out of the fridge water dispenser and a thing that was installed on the kitchen sink.

My water out of any faucet/shower is just well water that went through the water softener system, which uses salt for those who don't know anything about well water. So the water tends to be rather soft and also is a bit foamy because of the softener (which apparently means less soap is needed when showering). I don't really see it as very good for plugging/injecting. Less danger with plugging, but I would be worried about injecting it.

I'm pretty cautious about sterilization shit. I plug just about all my drugs, and ONLY use purified bottle water. My situation with well water is a bit different, but even if I had city water I still would. I keep a room temperature bottle around always just for it.

Also always sterilize my oral syringe and ramekin used for crushing and making solutions with Isopropyl Alcohol before every use too.

Kind of a routine I have before doing any drugs. Really became my "preparation" every time before I did MXE daily every night. This was for about a year too. No longer do MXE, on a long tolerance break.

I've always used city water and never had any ill effects. But water from a puddle in the city, well that's a different story.

lol i met this girl the other day who thought it was funny i wanted to use tap water instead of bottled water she was like, i have shot up water from a dog bowl lol