• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe New generic Suboxone pill(s) & film question

chrisinabox

Bluelighter
Just found out today when refilling my suboxone script these new generics are out, Actavis brand and also Amneal brand. How do these pills compare to the regular stop sign brand name Suboxone? Anybody know the inactives in these new pills? My bupe doctor told me they were about to stop making the pills entirely at the end of this year too, is that really even true?

Lastly, are they making some kind of generic Suboxone films now too?

I got a hold of the generics 3 weeks ago. I`m not sure about the inactive ingredients in the new pill but I noticed that the new pill is much tougher to snap in half with your fingers. I didn`t know 2 companies were making generics now.

I don`t think that there is a generic strip out due to the patent still being good for a few more years.

Nobody has experience with these new generic Suboxone pills, or at least the strips? I'm talking about the Actavis white round pill with crescent moon on one side and "155" on the other, and the Amneal brand one which is red orange in color, round, and I cannot remember the imprint. Curious if anyone has tried snorting these and how they compare with regular R-B brand name Suboxone stop signs?

I get the orange round generics. My buddy snorts them. So far he has not commented on them one way or the other. My other friend who takes the generics said that he felt that they wore off faster than name brand Subs. I haven`t noticed any difference in effects myself.

I got the white generics and the only difference is they are harder to break into fragments with your fingers. I hate the strips, they don't seem to work for me and always stick to m teeth or something, and it's harder. For me to take a small dosage.

The imprint on the new orange generics is AN 415 all on one side and they seem to work just as well for me so far but ive only been using them for the past 2 days. I hadnt even heard of the generic suboxone coming out so when a dude on the street handed me this and said it was suboxone i said i wanted my money back but they are legit. I usually IV, sometimes snort, but ive only IVd these generics so far and the only real difference so far to me is that the generics are a lot harder to break into pieces, as stated before me, and also it looks like a lot more dye gets filtered out when diluted and stirred b/c the filter i use always gets extremelyyyy orange way more than normal N8s but as far as feeling goes they feel just as good to me. sometimes i think they feel stronger than N8s but i had also just had a couple strips after being on tabs for about a year and the strips dont seem as potent to me so that couldve played into it but who knows. so yeah thats my honest opinion on them so far. not too bad id say and i always like cheaper.

PS yes i know i shouldnt buy drugs on the street. i just moved across the country and dont have good health insurance right now so I dont have a lot of options thanksss

I know they make 2mg strips now but they are name brand. They come in a green package.

In my experience there is no actual difference between generic and name brand drugs besides sometimes not tolerating whatever binders that are in the pills. They're both FDA regulated pharmaceuticals, they're going to have the same amount of active ingredient. IMO everyone who states Brand X is "better" than brand Y is just experiencing placebo effect. If you had them take the substances sans "packaging" I don't think people would ever be able to note any difference.

In my experience there is no actual difference between generic and name brand drugs besides sometimes not tolerating whatever binders that are in the pills. They're both FDA regulated pharmaceuticals, they're going to have the same amount of active ingredient. IMO everyone who states Brand X is "better" than brand Y is just experiencing placebo effect. If you had them take the substances sans "packaging" I don't think people would ever be able to note any difference.
You are EXACTLY right. And why are you people injected suboxone? You mine as well just buy some heroin off the street. Suboxone is a wonderful drug for those who use it for it's true purpose. But it should be used longer than a week 10 days is pushing it. Just long enough to detox from whatever opiates you are on. This page just sounds like a bunch inducing addicts justifying "not being a junkie" because I am only injecting "suboxone". I'm not kidding I have been there. 5 years ago... But my friend I left this message to tell you the lie is dead, recovery is possible! And you don't need to stay on suboxone for years to do it. Good luck to you all!

The imprint on the new orange generics is AN 415 all on one side and they seem to work just as well for me so far but ive only been using them for the past 2 days. I hadnt even heard of the generic suboxone coming out so when a dude on the street handed me this and said it was suboxone i said i wanted my money back but they are legit. I usually IV, sometimes snort, but ive only IVd these generics so far and the only real difference so far to me is that the generics are a lot harder to break into pieces, as stated before me, and also it looks like a lot more dye gets filtered out when diluted and stirred b/c the filter i use always gets extremelyyyy orange way more than normal N8s but as far as feeling goes they feel just as good to me. sometimes i think they feel stronger than N8s but i had also just had a couple strips after being on tabs for about a year and the strips dont seem as potent to me so that couldve played into it but who knows. so yeah thats my honest opinion on them so far. not too bad id say and i always like cheaper.

PS yes i know i shouldnt buy drugs on the street. i just moved across the country and dont have good health insurance right now so I dont have a lot of options thanksss

Why are you people injected suboxone? You mine as well just buy some heroin off the street. Suboxone is a wonderful drug for those who use it for it's true purpose. But it should be used longer than a week 10 days is pushing it. Just long enough to detox from whatever opiates you are on. This page just sounds like a bunch inducing addicts justifying "not being a junkie" because I am only injecting "suboxone". I'm not kidding I have been there. 5 years ago... But my friend I left this message to tell you the lie is dead, recovery is possible! And you don't need to stay on suboxone for years to do it. Good luck to you all!

In case these people have never read it as many times as it has been posted in this entire forum, injecting oral suboxone is as dangerous as any other substance/pills. Taking them orally will get you to the same results as injecting will>but in a much safer way. Just in case one person happens to care.

I tried the tiny white ones (Actavis i think) and as I expected, they paled in comparison to brand name Suboxone pills or film. They felt really weak but worked better when used properly (sublingual)

Why are you people injected suboxone? You mine as well just buy some heroin off the street. Suboxone is a wonderful drug for those who use it for it's true purpose. But it should be used longer than a week 10 days is pushing it. Just long enough to detox from whatever opiates you are on. This page just sounds like a bunch inducing addicts justifying "not being a junkie" because I am only injecting "suboxone". I'm not kidding I have been there. 5 years ago... But my friend I left this message to tell you the lie is dead, recovery is possible! And you don't need to stay on suboxone for years to do it. Good luck to you all!

The NA meeting is actually down the hall that way. This is Other Drugs so fuck off with your moral bullshit.

If I got a bunch of nicotine patches and rolled them up to smoke, I shouldn't be surprised if I got a little side-eye from other members.

So be nice, no one's preaching. I have little yapper dogs I release at the 12-step folks.

ETA: speaking of patches, the old generic nicotine ones v. Nicoderm™, the generic ones were twice as big and the glue was shit. So brand does make a difference sometimes.

Last edited:
^ especially w/ cigarettes... ;)

I knew you were hyped up, smoking nicotine patches, you rascal!

Nah, I got over my nicotine addiction, I just can't go a day without smoking that brand-name glue.

It's like they spike it with tobacco extract or something, those sneaky bastards.

Yes, that guerilla glue.

Finally gave up, inject it now and still have to smoke :(